RPi3B+ Ethernet Not working on LibreElec

• Hello,

When my RPi3B+ boots up, the ethernet lights seem fine, used it to install NOOBs file install for LibreELEC. So it's not a hardware failure. As soon as LibreELEC starts booting it turns off. I am not able to see any kind of connection for wired connections. Have Ethernet enabled, also went from a RPi2 and the cable worked fine on that. So I know it's not an issue with the wire itself. I am now forced to use a Wireless connection when I don't want to.

@ LibreELEC 8.2.5

Thanks

• NOOBS is not very much recommended alongside LibreELEC. A LibreELEC-only setup is preferred.

You may have to enable the "Wait for network" option in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. Usually LibreELEC boots too quickly on x86-64 hardware and "forgets" to properly initialize the network connection.

• NOOBS is not very much recommended alongside LibreELEC. A LibreELEC-only setup is preferred.

You may have to enable the "Wait for network" option in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on. Usually LibreELEC boots too quickly on x86-64 hardware and "forgets" to properly initialize the network connection.

I'll have to try the standalone installer with the Pi3B+ because it wasn't working with the older Pi 2.

It did not end up working. Tried 10 more seconds, 60 seconds, and then 120 seconds. No go. :(

Use the latest Alpha with updated firmware. Any difference?

I could give it a test at some point, but would rather stick to the stable build because there's a skin I like that hasn't been updated yet for Leia.

• LE 8.2.5 has the original released firmware for 3B+ while the Alpha(s) have several iterations newer firmware which corrects issues. Holding out for a skin is a valid reason, but from a stability perspective Alpha's are better than 8.2.5 for 3B+

• LE 8.2.5 has the original released firmware for 3B+ while the Alpha(s) have several iterations newer firmware which corrects issues. Holding out for a skin is a valid reason, but from a stability perspective Alpha's are better than 8.2.5 for 3B+

Still no go. Even with the time delay solution.

Update: Used the standalone installer and it worked on the Pi 3B+ compared to a 2. Still no go for Ethernet. :(

Update 2: As of recent, the newest Leia firmware seemed to make the problem with the Ethernet adapter magically work. Very Happy. :)

Edited 3 times, last by jthox34 (December 27, 2018 at 6:36 AM).