*I know installtointernal is not officially supported, but I would like answers at my own risk* 😈😈😈
1. Does /storage represent the internal storage on the TV box?
2. Where is the SD card/USB stick represented?
3. Where is /flash located? Part of TV box internal memory or the SD card/USB stick itself?
4. How does file structure change after installtointernal as seen via, say, WinSCP login?
That is, from where are files copied on SD card/USB to TV box internal memory running $installtointernal ?
I can open the /usr/sbin/installtointernal file (kszaq) from the symlink seen on the TV box side logging in via WinSCP.
5. Now if I want to change the oemsplash screen to a custom one (say the custom oemsplash.png is in .kodi/userdata), where should I place the appropriate (?) commands in the installtointernal file?
$ mount -o remount,rw /flash
$ cp /storage/.kodi/userdata/oemsplash.png /flash/oemsplash.png
I want to be careful since there are some overwrite and data partition commands I should not mess with !
I came up with this idea since the custom oemsplash.png must be copied into /flash to override the LE oemsplash.png file which is in /boot (and thus cannot be changed without a recompile.)