Enabling 5G network

• I have just set up a new Pi3B+ with LibreELEC.

It is not seeing my 5G network.

Yes, I figure this is that it hasn't been informed - it never asked - that I am in the UK and so am allowed to access higher-number channels.

All the posts I have seen here give instructions how to make this change using a terminal. But I do not see how to access a terminal on my installation. I have only the GUI. (I realise that, in theory, I could enable SSH, connect remotely, and configer it, but that then requires knowing a bunch of codes that I would never have reason to use, so can't remember.) Where is the graphical configuration of network location? (And I have already set the overall system location to UK.)

• While that may technically prove to be a hack, it does not adress the basic problem.

I have another Pi, set up with Raspbia, and it has no problem with the 5G channel. Therefore, unless you are tell me that it's likely a hardware problem, the only answer that makes sense is that LibreELEC is not applying the Region setting to the network configuration, which is a software problem.

I've seen the solutions based on editing some file. But how do I do that from the Kodi GUI? And where is that file - the references I've seen to a cfg80211.conf, which I can't see on my device.

• I've just installed 8.2.5 on a RPi3B+ and on the initial setup screen I can see my 5Ghz network but when I try to connect I get "Network error". I then changed the country to UK, timezone to London, the keyboard to UK (In LibreELEC settings) and rebooted.

Then in LibreELEC settings --> Connections, I connected successfully to my 5Ghz network.

• The "network error" bug is present since OE 3.2 ish but requires someone with python skills to debug it (so not me) and I've given up trying to entice someone on staff to look into it (90% sure it's an untrapped error message from dbus). It's not relevant. Also (for the record) changing the timezone in Kodi has zero impact on kernel wireless regulatory domain configuration - two completely unrelated things. What is relevant, is setting the correct regulatory domain. Which I already explained how to do.

• Thanks chewitt

I tried that, but got the messege:

Code
    -sh: can't create /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf: nonexistent directory

If I connect to the device using Samba, I see a Configfiles folder, rather than /storage/.config (which then contains a modprobe.d)

• I tried copy another file in modprode.d, changing its content per the instructions - that one "options…" line - assuming that's what the command would create. That didn't work, either.

It also doesn't help that there appear to be no resources that indicate what the correct code for the UK is. I've seen stuff that hints that it's GB, but I have yet to find a clear list.