Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• Does not work properly for me. Every couple minutes i get a half second of dropped audio. Could you test it out on your setup to confirm?

Yes i will do that.

What is your setup?

What avr do you have and what tv?

i have a onkyo tx-nr555 connected to my lg CX.

• So NUC11 Pro still has PCON chip but connecting to DP1.4a.

As the LSPCON was the reason why the other NUCs cant do HDR on LE properly, does this newer version with DP1.4 change that or will we still need the patches?

• There is no HDR support in Linux for legacy LSPCON chips. Patches exist but they have not been merged (yet).

PCON DP 1.4 -> HDMI 2.1 is already properly supported. I see no reason why there would be an issue with HDR.

• There is no HDR support in Linux for legacy LSPCON chips. Patches exist but they have not been merged (yet).

PCON DP 1.4 -> HDMI 2.1 is already properly supported. I see no reason why there would be an issue with HDR.

Ah ok

The new NUCs dont have HDMI 2.1 though only 2.0a

• Not yet. I try to figure out if it does have a PCON chip. NUC documentation says it does. But it does not make sense because Tiger Lake-U has a native HDMI 2.0 controller.

• Not yet. I try to figure out if it does have a PCON chip. NUC documentation says it does. But it does not make sense because Tiger Lake-U has a native HDMI 2.0 controller.

ok

hope the person with it can supply you with logs etc

i think it does have p con as intel board diagrams not wrong. Gemini lake NUC board diagram shows no LSPCON and HDMI direct to CPU but all others have it in diagrams

• Both block diagrams suggest hdmi 2.0b for:

NUC11PA (Performance)

NUC11TN (Pro)

And also in official literature for NUC11PA

Unsure what the dashed line around the PCON on the TN over the solid line around the PCON on the PA.

NUC 11 Pro only available in Asian Pacific regions.

Edited once, last by luckylukz (February 18, 2021 at 4:48 AM).

• Thanks to @luckylukz it's now confirmed that NUC11PA does indeed use a DP->HDMI protocol converter.

The driver detects 5 available connectors: DP-1, DP-2, DP-3, DP-4, HDMI-A-1.

"HDMI-A-1" is a native HDMI but it is not active when the TV is connected to a NUC's HDMI port. DP-3 is actually active which means that a PCON is used.

• Thanks to @luckylukz it's now confirmed that NUC11PA does indeed use a DP->HDMI protocol converter.

The driver detects 5 available connectors: DP-1, DP-2, DP-3, DP-4, HDMI-A-1.

"HDMI-A-1" is a native HDMI but it is not active when the TV is connected to a NUC's HDMI port. DP-3 is actually active which means that a PCON is used.

will you need to wait to see if they patch it in kernel?

• I have no means to check why it does not work. It does look like PCON may be an issue, but it's all speculation at this point.

We need to wait for hardware with a native HDMI port to make any conclusions.

As soon as consumer Mini-ITX Tiger Lake boards are available I will buy one of those.

• I have no means to check why it does not work. It does look like PCON may be an issue, but it's all speculation at this point.

We need to wait for hardware with a native HDMI port to make any conclusions.

As soon as consumer Mini-ITX Tiger Lake boards are available I will buy one of those.

ok well this saves me wasting money on nuc11

wonder if its due to the new gfx chip on the i5 and i7s. maybe you need updated driver.