Video stuttering (LibreELEC 8.90.007)

• Hi!

After upgrading from an old Librelec I found several videos stuttering on RPi 3 with LibreELEC 8.90.007.

As I read through the articles what I could do I found the advancedsettings.xml and took the suggested values:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
      <cache>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
        <readfactor>20</readfactor>
      </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

That helped quite a lot. Still some stuttering left though.

Usually the 4 cpu's comined are somewhat between 250 and 350 percent.

Here is the link to the logfile. Playback starts at line 1913. If needed I could provide the file.

I havent seen anything too suspicious... I'm a noob though when it comes to videos, codecs and stuff. So I really appreciate your help :)

That behaviour is interesting since the old kodi could playback those files. I also should mention that xbox one media player wouldnt even show a single picture. Another point for kodi ^^

Thanks!

• Code
    DEBUG: OnPlayMedia smb://192.168.0.101/Public/Video/Animation/Serie/Overlord/S03/[LostYears] Overlord III - 13 (WEB 720p x264 10-bit AAC) [05480D45].mkv

H.264 is an 8-bit video standard so nobody anywhere supports 10-bit hardware decode so it's CPU decoded. You need to distinguish between buffering which the advanced settings config you applied can help with and the stuttering problem you have which is all about how fast/slow the CPU is. You should probably get a heatsink for the RPi and apply some overclock to improve CPU performance.

If you want to watch 1080p H.264 10-bit media you'll be better off with an Intel NUC or similar which has a lot more CPU performance.

• Thanks for your answer. I was afraid that would say sth like this since right next to this tab another one is opened with an description how to overclock and which hardware to get. I love my RPi. I surly gonna keep it. :D

About that file: It shouldn't be encoded that way, right?

Also: Is overclocking useful if I plan to watch Netflix on the RPi?