Bluetooth audio AND HDMI audio?

• Hey all,

Long story short, I'd been using an old pair of Sony wireless headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my Raspberry Pi 3 (running libre 8.2.5). I was using the option in Kodi to output audio to HDMI and the 3.5mm jack.

My headphones recently died and now I'm looking for replacements but I'm noticing Bluetooth are way more prevalent than the old wireless cans and a base station.

Can someone please confirm whether I'll be able to output to HDMI and Bluetooth concurrently?

I did a quick search but most are toggling between the two, not using them at the same time. For my situation I need to have them both going at the same time!

Cheers

• LE uses alsa and BT output requires pulse audio. We have both in the image but if you switch output to pulse you disconnect audio from alsa and deliberately lose the HDMI output. If you configure a custom pulse configuration it's completely possible to have pulse output to both a device and HDMI at the same time, but how that's done is not really documented anywhere so you'll need to fiddle and experiment until it works.

• hi, did somebody made this working and a tutorial in the meantime for this use case?

we have a person in the family with a "hard-of-hearing" handycap (i don't know the correct english word).

making a "movie night" is always very trick, stressful and disapointing to all participants.

• making the TV very loud so the one person can enjoy the movie is very painful loud to the other "normal-hearing" persons.
    • making audio level enjoyable for the "normal-hearing" persons, then the one "hard-of-hearing" person can not follow the audio, because it is way to silent for this person - even with the "hearing-aid" the person has.

so i bought bluetooth headphones for the person in hope bluetooth and HDMI audio is working out of the box. but unfortunately is isn't.

at the moment the bluetooth headphones is only a solution when the person is watching movies alone, because i don't get it working to have audio on HDMI and bluetooth at the same time.

please, can somebody help me here...

thank you very much in advanced.

i am using LE 10.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

• the bluetooth headphones gives audio, when selecting audio device: "PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)"
    • the TV gives audio, when selecting audio device: "ALSA: vc4hdmi (vc4hdmi), VES 55UHD_LCD_TV on HDMI)"

EDIT: i created a new thread for this question:

beta-tester
    August 18, 2022 at 6:57 AM

Edited once, last by beta-tester (August 21, 2022 at 9:47 PM).