Docker/ Nextcloud Help

• I have installed docker with nextcloud and Maria containers, but I am a complete beginner and need some simple instructions to get going.

Does anybody know of a beginner level installation guide or tutorial?

I've read a lot, and understand what docker is and how the containers work, but I really need some help to get going. I cannot open the nextcloud page after installation of the container, despite trying different ports. I suspect I need to set some kind of permissions, but I don't even know where to begin.

Edit: I have no idea what I did, but it now works. I'd prefer it to still not work and learn what I was doing wrong! I'd still love to be pointed to some beginner resources. Google is turning up very little that is specific to libreElec, and with the container wrappers it seems a little unique.

Also, docker commands don't seem to be recognised in putty, strangely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm off grid on solar and to run nextcloud and Kodi on a single pi would save me a lot of energy.

Edited 2 times, last by jimmygolitely: Update (November 18, 2018 at 1:22 AM).

• You would be better of using LinuxServer.io Nextcloud addon.

1) Install LinuxServer.ios repository.

Add-ons → LibreELEC Add-ons → Add-on repository → LinuxServer.io’s Docker Add-ons

2) Install Nextcloud

Add-ons → LinuxServer.io’s Docker Add-ons → Services →Nextcloud

• Installing docker adds directories where binaries live to the shell PATH so you can run commands. However, PATH is not updated dynamically so if you have a shell open before you install docker, it can't find the binaries until you log out and back in again. Once you log in again the new shell has the updated PATH and can find them.