cryptodev kernel module for Openssl/OpenVPN

• Hi all,

It's a bit I didn't post but I have been busy moving house. I'm doing some tests with my 905X box with Openvpn and I'm wondering if it would be possible to have the cryptodev kernel module included in the next releases.

This has been briefly discussed in this topic VPN help and the module may not work well with the current kernel (reference: Gentoo Forums :: View topic - Gentoo for Amlogic S9xx (TV box S905\S905X\S912)), but I would be happy to experiment more.

Thanks!

Zenbox Z11 Pro 2G/16G - 100M LAN - Wireless AC Qualcomm QCA9377 1-stream (433 Mbps) - LE 8.2.4.2-Test2

• VPN is not an essential part for Kodi to run. So I highly doubt it will be added in the default official releases of LibreELEC.

• We don't add kernel config on the random hope it does something - but you're welcome to self-build an image with changes and experiment and prove the change achieves something beneficial.

• Thanks both, I didn't believe it was a problem just to add the module (without loading it by default). I'll do some experiments.

Zenbox Z11 Pro 2G/16G - 100M LAN - Wireless AC Qualcomm QCA9377 1-stream (433 Mbps) - LE 8.2.4.2-Test2

• It's often a one-line simple change but that's never been the point. There are specific long-standing exceptions which are about technical focus for the project (e.g. no RAID support) but as a broad rule if things have provable benefit we will consider adding them.

• Got it, thanks again :)