How do you synchronize two raspberries with kodi ?

• Hello,

I've been using my raspberry with libreelec for a couple of years now, and I'm really happy with it. I have a pc server with movies and tv shows, and I use the raspberry to play them in my tv. I don't like streaming, so I download everything to my server and play the files from there. When I see a tv show or a movie I don't need anymore I usually delete the file from the raspberry menu. I also use trakt with it's addon to keep track of the shows I've seen and downloaded.

The thing is that now I added a second raspberry to another room with the same kodi and configuration and everything, and I'd like to have them both synchronized if possible. But I don't know how to do it. What I did was to copy the sd card from my old raspberry and put the copy in the new raspberry... it works fine, they are identical after the copy and both work great.

The problem is that when I see a tv show in one, and I delete the file, in the other one (thanks to the trakt addon) it shows at seen, that works fine, but the other raspberry doesn't know that I deleted the files, and still show them as if they were there. Same happens with movies.

Is there any way to synchronize both raspberries ? So I can see exactly the same on both no matter where I play or where I delete the files from ?

Also... is it ok what I did about copying the sd card from one to the other ? Could be any problem with that, maybe in the network or something because using the same names, ip (I didnt put a fixed ip, I left that as default) or something like that ?

Hope this was the right place to ask this, if not, please, excuse me and I will move it where needed.

Thanks a lot, guys.

• You could use a shared MySQL (or similar) database.

That's quite common way to share info, status,... between KODI devices.

- https://kodi.wiki/view/mysql/setting_up_kodi

A quick overview of process:

How to Sync Your Kodi Library Across Multiple Devices with MySQL

Thanks a lot, I love this approach, I can use my PC server (the one with all the multimedia) as the always on computer for the MySQL server.

Will try to setup this, hope it's not very hard.

So... as I asked in the first post... is there any problem if I just clone the sd card from one raspberry to the other ? or is it needed that I install from scratch and setup everything again the same as the other? Can cloning and using the same thing in both cause any problem in the network ?