Libre Elec X86_64 questions

• I was curious if someone might be able to help me with some general questons about what I am looking for . Will LibreELec do this?

Kodi X86_64 and OS that will update itself as needed or at selecting an icon to update (will be running on Intel 2807 and 2908 hardware

Customizable remote using my Lirc files that work in Ubuntu 16.04 but not in 18.04 due to a bug or changes in Lirc

Run Kodi Callbacks to allow me to update addons and addon settings via custom scripts

Install 3rd party drivers if needed

I am concerned as I think this is a squash Filesystem

Thanks in advance for any answers

Mark

• - LibreELEC will auto-update stable versions by default (unless you disable the auto-update feature). LibreELEC or Kodi will not update separately.

- LIRC: not my department

- Add-ons are also auto-updated by default via their repositories. This can be switched off/on. If you want to run your own scripts changing settings files, it's possible but you are on your own there.

- Installing 3rd party drives is not possible. Only via compiling your own (forked) source code and added drivers will you get an updated LibreELEC build.

- It is a squash system for a reason. LibreELEC is not a full-blown OS, it's a vanilla Linux compilation with only the necessary bells and whistles for running Kodi.

• First problem I have aside frm INstaller and forum quirks

TPLINK TN-722 wireless adapter is intermittent. SOmetimes it is not active on restart , I need to unplug and plug

second problem, I see no way to get LFTP installed which is vital for my custom script. I am sure this may also apply to streamlink which I also use.

Too bad otherwise looks promising but way too locked down for me

• If the "not working" TPLINK TN-722 is timing related you might need to add a "wait for Kodi" startup delay - in network settings in the LE settings addon. This just delays Kodi start for 'x' seconds to allow time for slow loading drivers to finish before Kodi attempts to access things on remote shares. You won't see this problem with desktop distro's but LE boots a lot faster and the slow activation of some (mostly realtek and poorly written out-of-tree) drivers can be exposed.

The ProFTPD addon in our repo (services) may support LFTP but no guarantees. If not you'll need to adapt your script to use something like scp or rsync to move files between locations.