Librelec Freesat GTC s905D

• Hi to all ppl,

i want share my little experience with this box and open this thread for all other GTC users that want replace stock buggy firmware with stable libreelec.

The GTC is a dual tuner dvb-s2/t2/c box with s905d

It have an Android 6 and at the moment with the original firmware very bugs.

Developers not respond and no support the GTC users.

This box have good hardware specs s905D, ram 2gb, rom 16gb.

It have an gxl_p231_2g board, dvb drivers will be cxd28xx ( DDbridge ??)

for who is interest i have attached dtb decompiled.

At the moment i have MicroSD install:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img

This version work ok for me, big thanks to libreelec developers, so i have create the remote.conf file attached ( put it into /storage/.config and rename to vfd.conf and after restart the box remote work).

So i want say a very BIG THANK to libreelec developer The Coolest. He add support

for GTC display driver working on Libreelec 8.2.5, the drivers can be installed with an easy shell command

sh install.sh

drivers can downloaded from here

Internal tuners are not supported but can replace them with an external usb one. I try different usb dvb dongle and they works ok.

For any question about GTC and librelec please use this thread.

• Thanks for the info. But, if you are going to run Libreelec only, & the internal tuner doesn't work, why not get another box & use an external tuner?

Have you tried setting up the internal tuner using crazycat drivers?

• Thanks for the info. But, if you are going to run Libreelec only, & the internal tuner doesn't work, why not get another box & use an external tuner?

Have you tried setting up the internal tuner using crazycat drivers?

Yes i try Crazycat drivers but tvheadend and libreelec not recognized internal tuners. I think we need ad hoc dtb, if some developers want see it, i have attached original dtb, and add driver support as developer afl1 do for k1-k2 pro sometimes ago. I pay this box 55 euro and for me it's ok with libreelec and external dvb-t dongle for live tv and some other kodi addon, opensource firmware is welcome etc. I have so an a Mecool bb2 pro with libreelec and it work like a charm. I love libreelec because you can install it on micro sd with a clean dual boot and when i want restart to stock firmware.

• Edited once, last by linch (November 19, 2018 at 10:28 AM).

• I do not understand these steps

2- Unzip and copy folder into your GTC in /storage directory

3- chmod 755 to all file into the display folder

--------

2 --Copy the GTC Display_Driver folder, in the original storage directory android

• download driver package
    • unzip the package
    • copy with ftp all files from your pc to your gtc
    • After you copy files from pc to gtc you must connect to the console of gtc with a ssh connection
    • with ssh connection you are inside your box and can go to directory wher you ftp the files (example storage directory)
    • do permissions 755 to all files (chmod 755 install.sh, openvfd.ko, OpenVFDService, stopservice.sh, test_led.sh, uninstall.sh)
    • launch command from gtc shell sh install.sh
    • reboot gtc and you have display working

Hope now more clear for you.

Edited once, last by linch (November 19, 2018 at 10:28 AM).

• forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/4311/download driver package
    • unzip the package
    • copy with ftp all files from your pc to your gtc
    • After you copy files from pc to gtc you must connect to the console of gtc with a ssh connection
    • with ssh connection you are inside your box and can go to directory wher you ftp the files (example storage directory)
    • do permissions 755 to all files (chmod 755 install.sh, openvfd.ko, OpenVFDService, stopservice.sh, test_led.sh, uninstall.sh)
    • launch command from gtc shell sh install sh 0x03400008
    • reboot gtc and you have display working

Hope now more clear for you.

it seems that it is a little more complicated than it seems, copy the file that unzipped in storge with es explorer since with filezilla it is not possible to error .....550 error marking directory permissions

then e written the command in putty console

(chmod 755 install.sh, openvfd.ko, OpenVFDService, stopservice.sh, test_led.sh, uninstall.sh)

Edited 5 times, last by espaun206 (October 22, 2018 at 2:58 AM).

• espaun

if you have the files in /storage/Gtc_Display_Driver/openvfd

you need command

chmod -R 755 /storage/Gtc_Display_Driver/openvfd

now if all ok go into openvfd directory with

cd /storage/Gtc_Display_Driver/openvfd

and now you can start

sh install.sh

reboot the box.

This procedure work only with libreelec 8.2.5.

Edited once, last by linch (November 19, 2018 at 10:29 AM).