Most stable and reliable LE 8.2.5 hardware?

• I have a few option, well to be honest I have 10 different hardwares to play LE in right now.(2 Rpi3, 2 Android boxes with S905 and S905X, 6 HTPC:s with different harware all from Intel Graphics, AMD and Nvidia).......

And if only the main porpuse is to: playing 1080p videos (H.264 and VC-1) and letting kodi put out LPCM 5.1 sound with LE 8.2.x

I found the most stable and reliable Hardware until now to be Raspberry Pi3....

With both Android:s and HTPS:s, I have a few problems that I remember, all different types, cant mention all of them now, but cant remember any so far with Pi3...

With the most stable I mean: no hickups, no stutter, no black screens, no strange audio fenomen or other weird things happening....

With the most reliable I mean: Easy startup, compability with other hardware like usb drives, usb sticks, mouses and keyboards. And also the boot and the way it feels stable when in menus...

AM I RIGHT? Or should they all perform flawless, if everything else in the chain is perfect as can be..

• Yep - RPi3 - has the most support and has the largest user base - so if there is an issue, it will be detected. I've used RPi for years but have switched to AML only because I wanted x265 HW support. That *may* change if there is ever a RPi4.

• 2 things:

Why is the Pi3b+ so much more unstable? or is it?

And is there anyone who has measured what gpu load(HW decoding) when playing 1080p bluray videos with Pi3?

Ive always wanted to know that, but I know there is no easy way to measure it, but maybee someone has?

The cpu load is fairly low 20-25%, that is easy to check, but it would have been very interesting knowing the gpu load also.......

I have some time ago tested with different 1080 p bitrate files, If I remember right there was a limit around 80mbit/s and over, but dont know how well that relates to GPU load, as "normal bluray" is around 40mbit/s you could guess the load should be somewhere around 50%, but as I said, I dont know if thats the way you have to calculate it....

Is there any 1080p "bluray" h.264 or VC-1 that are close to the limit of what the Pi3 can handle? maybee som 60fps videos?

• Why is the Pi3b+ so much more unstable? or is it?

Quite a lot of kernel and firmware issues with the RPi3B+ have been fixed since 8.2.5 came out. If you are experience instability on your RPi I'd recommend switching to the latest alpha release (8.90.006).

so long,

Hias

• my questions about Pi3B+ was just something I wanted to know, I am not buying that one yet, see no advantage for my use over the standard Pi3...

I will keep on with my 2 Pi3:s, they work nice so far....