USB webcam. Alexa/GA voice search.

• Is there a good USB webcam app on LE/Kodi?

There is a webcam app which should run on the same hardware as LibreELEC. It's made by some developers who used to work on Skype. The source is here for anyone who wants to build it.

GitHub - wireapp/wire-desktop: Wire for desktop

How about livestream on Kodi etc?

Did you mean play a livestream, or broadcast a live stream ?

Could an Alexa/Google Assistant app be built on LE ?

Yes but there does not seem to be a huge demand for it. There are existing features which desperately need improvement, and many people dont care for the security flaws or privacy implications of those services. You also need a microphone array for best performance, so if you want this feature you should probably buy the official hardware. That said, Mozilla is developing an open alternative to Alexa which runs on the same hardware as LibreELEC, and voice interaction will be supported. I've been told that Mozilla plans to release license-free speech recognition and $ynthesis* tools, so its possible that LibreELEC may use these components at some point.

Mozilla IoT - Things Gateway

* Seen when I wrote this post:

[ The censorship on this forum is past the point of absurd. WTF did they think this would accomplish ?!? ]

OMG - Sinthesizers!

Edited 5 times, last by LE23 (October 14, 2018 at 7:29 AM).

• LE23

Thanks for the answers.

By Livestream I meant the company but it gets lost in the Google search noise, and anyway with the above surveillance cam approach and Youtube is redundant.

While we wait for Mozilla, is there an Alexa/G- IFTTT kit one can install on top of LE for search only (replace typed search with voice queries)? Nothing fancy, those cheap USB much/earphones can also do the job for now.

• By Livestream I meant the company but it gets lost in the Google search noise

There is a Livestream Kodi app in the official repo. I think it will only play a video stream, not broadcast.

is there an Alexa/G-IFTTT kit one can install on top of LE

Not at this time, so far as I know.