M8S PRO L is stuck at "MECOOL" screen

• This usually happens when you forget to use the correct device tree file for your device (dtb.img). You need to replace the default dtb.img on your SD card with the dtb.img for your M8S PRO L

• This usually happens when you forget to use the correct device tree file for your device (dtb.img). You need to replace the default dtb.img on your SD card with the dtb.img for your M8S PRO L

I recollect that I havent done that.

But do you reckon I need to update the firmware of the box?

• Your box has no user-accessible "firmware" only "software" installed for boot (u-boot) and the OS image which is being booted. The device-tree has to match the kernel version being booted so it will vary between Android and Linux and older versions of Linux and newer.

• I recollect that I havent done that.

But do you reckon I need to update the firmware of the box?

No, you just need to go to your SD card (assuming that is what you used) that you used to install and replace the file dtb.img with the correct dtb.img for the M8S PRO L. As chewitt this can depend on the image you used. Some images have a folder called device trees that have all the various dtb.img files but they will be named differently based on the model eg; gxm_q200_3g.dtb . You just copy that file to the root of the SD Card and rename it to dtb.img and that should do it