Automatic update of library, how to choose time?

• Hi there,

I have LibreELEC 8,2,5 running off RPi 3B+. Files are served over the wired LAN from a NAS through NFS protocol. I have set it up NOT to automatically update the libraries as I feel there isn't enough CPU power in the Pi for that and because the NAS is pretty noisy. Kodi is set up to automatically send WOL on access (so the NAS doesn't need to be started manually).

However, around the same time every night (1:30), it starts a library scan, waking up the NAS in the process.

Is there a hidden setting somewhere that would still allow for automatic scanning of library ?

Any way to know which process is the culprit here? I set up Kod's log to "debug", so there's lots of files listed with full addresses…And the log is pretty large.

• Anyway...without the log we can´t tell anything. The IPs shown in the log are only your internal IPs and should all start with "192.168.xxx.yyy". So there´s generally no problem sharing them. The IP from my NAS is 192.168.1.175 and you can´t do anything with that info ;)

The log would tell us exactly what´s happening. The only thing where it might be kind of hidden is, if you might have set-up a cronjob doing the automatic library scan via some "kodi-send"-command or a JSON request. Then there should be at least something from Kodis webserver be mentioned in the log. But I guess you would know if you have done that, because that has to be done manually via commandline.

• Anyway...without the log we can´t tell anything. The IPs shown in the log are only your internal IPs and should all start with "192.168.xxx.yyy". So there´s generally no problem sharing them. The IP from my NAS is 192.168.1.175 and you can´t do anything with that info ;)

I was referring to the files themselves. I know one can't do much with an internal IP.

The scan does show their full path and may fall under one of the rules about "forbidden content" :angel:

CvH Now you point me to it… I may well have installed such a plugin. I'll keep the thread updated.