Tvheadend - no ATSC muxes

• Hello,

I am trying to use TVheadend 4.1.2134 however the predefined muxes for ATSC is completely empty.

It looks like this issue was discussed here but never resolved: Bug #3745: Missing ATSC-T Pre-defined Muxes... - Tvheadend

I tried pulling the scan tables from here: GitHub - oliv3r/dtv-scan-tables: Digital TV scan tables but not sure where these files need to be or if this is even the final format tvheadend uses to read the data.

Does anyone know where the dtv-scan folder is suppose to be located on libreelec? Oddly even on a working system I couldnt find this folder either.

• Does anyone know where the dtv-scan folder is suppose to be located on libreelec? Oddly even on a working system I couldnt find this folder either.

Unfortunately, in the version in the LE repo, it gets compiled into the binary program file so you can't add it after it's been compiled. Also unfortunate is the version that is in the LE repo is missing the ATSC muxes. I believe this is due to it being added from CVH's builds - which are currently missing this muxes list as well.

You can manually add the muxes you need by entering the correct info (frequency and modulation) on the DVBInputs/Muxes tab - but this can be a pita. If you are using ATSC it starts with identifying your available channels. Click on this link RabbitEars.Info and find and click on your TV market. (The site can runs slow sometimes...just let it load.) Then click the print all button so you have an easy list of your available TV channels.

Now the fun part! The important part is the digital channel list. For each major number (in an example like 34.1 the 34 is the major number the .1, .2, .3 etc are minor numbers listing subchannels) you will want to add a new mux in tvheadend. Before you can do that, you need to convert that digital channel number in to a freuqency in Mhz. To help with that, I have built a reference file here:
    Dropbox - Link not found
    Find your digital channel number and then note the Mhz number next to it. This is what you will need in tvheadend.

In tvheadend on the DVB Inputs/Muxes tab, click add. You'll get a popup where you can select the ATSC network you created. The on the new window that opens, place the Mhz number from the excel file into the Frequency (Hz) field. Select Modulation VSB/8 and then hit Create. Do this for each digital channel that is available in your market. The system should begin scanning for services while you continue to add in the other muxes. Once you are done, you should have a new list of services and you can continue your setup from there.

I'm hoping CVH can resetup his autobuild environment for the tvheadend builds and make sure the ATSC muxes get added back in. At the very least we need to get the one in the LE repo updated to contain the ATSC muxes list. Also hoping he adds a cross compile autobuild for amlogic devices...but I don't want to press my luck! :)

• If things need to change in the TVH packaging to better support ATSC it's best if you suggest the code changes in PR :)

The issue is solely in the build environment as the tvheadend git that is pulled for the build contains the correct info. Should this be posted to the LE git as an issue?

• Ill take a stab at trying to setup a build enviroment to repro the problem - sounds like a better use of time then manually adding all the muxes (though I appreciate the overview edit4ever). If I succeed ill share back a build and submit a fix (if the problem exists in the source tree).

• My ATSC frequencies list was off by one - here is the corrected list for anyone looking to manually enter the frequencies in the tv backend:

• I may have discovered the issue to this problem - but am having trouble testing.

At commit f02851ab9c60bdd326fdba9afee4255b7b07a06c on tvheadend, the ATSC network was split to atsc-t and atsc-c. However, the dvb-scan git was never updated to the new naming system. I believe the issue is being caused by the fact that there are no dvb-scan files/folders with the atsc-t and atsc-c networks.

Since the dvb-scan folder is pulled from from the git source when compiling the add-on for LE, I am unable to get my test changes to stick. I can't seem to find a way to get it to pull from another source to test this theory.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Fix has been submitted to tvheadend...hopefully they'll merge the pull request and new builds will once again contain the ATSC muxes!

Thanks to CVH for the help in testing the fix.