tuner not found!

• AVL6111 is an Availink chip. It's also used as the generic DVB device in the kernel device-tree to trigger driver module loading for a much wider range of DVB chips that usually includes other Availink chips (AVL6862 and AVL6872 are common) and tuners from several manufacturers; so most boxes that claim to have an AVL6111 actually have something else. All part of the fun trying to support Android crap.

• Nothing useful in the image. You probably need to get a shot of the very faint writing on the large square chip; but even if you do there's a large chance that whatever chip it is requires some kind of proprietary out-of-tree kernel driver with no sources available .. because for some reason DVB hardware vendors see upstreaming drivers or publicly sharing their bad code as being bad for their business.

• wow... i can't believe that git's still kicking around.

Thats a pretty old project and probably more work then what its worth trying to glean whats needed to try and rewrite a newer driver for the newer kernels

A lot of the cheap dvb hardware manufacturers tend to swipe firmware from other bigger companies so the available drivers and software tends to be small when it comes to proprietary code. The dvb industry used to be really competitive tho things have gotten better over the years the old thinking still tends to get in the way when it comes to open sources tho.

• i have another question i extract the device tree from the android firemware (dtb.img)

when i use it the device boot directly to android

if i use another one from device tree download. the box boot into libereelec but no tuner is detected !

• If i am understand you properly it sounds like your saying that if Android on the box is run then that dvb chipset driver is being found while under LibreElec its not seeing that chipset at all.

If thats right then my quess is that your kernel probably isn't loading everything it needs to make that dvb chipset work. The dtb part your talking about is only part of the hardware setup. I am not sure what all chipsets are already available to LibreElec thru the various packages so you may need to look in that area.

Looks to me like the AVAILINK AVL6211LAX is just another chipset kinda like the old B2C2 chipset used by companies like TechniSat and others, meaning basically a bunch of manufactures making real products will leverage against the chipset maker keeping costs down.

Depending on your coding skills you may be able to glean enough info out of running under Android to create the Linux drivers but from a time investment point its not worth the effort unless your going to support a bunch of boxes and need to support them, better investment would be in a box with a chipset thats acually supported under Linux.

You may be able to look around tho for other boxes incorporating that chipset and see if any of those makes/brands are included in LibreElec's dvb addon packages. Or if you can find someone using a dvb card in their Linux box that has the same chipset as then you may be able to use that driver and just create a package for it and add it to LibreElec. I use to do that quite a bit with the B2C2 Flexcop chipset as theres a bunch of Manufactures that used that chip.

Here in North America i found most of these Android boxes with Dvb built in are pretty much useless unless your just trying to pull a feed off what little is left open for fta in this hemisphere. Trying to do any of the North American Sat Providers is pretty much beyond those types of combo boxes as they just don't have the horsepower to keep up with the CA setup ontop of dealing with processing the Dvb downstream.