Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• This is the error. It's pointing to a non-existing path. I cannot install anything from the Libreelec repository.

I see that you didn't update to latest version. If you would, addons would be taken from amlgx.libreelec.tv Check first post for updates.

Has anyone tried what happens with the H2+? I just figured out there are still some "H3" TV boxes around which used to have an H2+ in the past ;) so better ask first not order first :P

I didn't try it yet with LibreELEC, but I couldn't find any downside of H2+ compared to H3 in the past. I guess it have lower performance, but don't take my word for it. BTW, I don't want to support any board/TV box which is not in Linux kernel and only TV box supported is Beelink X2. If you would like something else, please send patches to Linux first. As I said before, I don't want to carry patches forever.

How well do those Allwinner devices handle fractional frame rates? Are there any issues?

Wasn't that general issue with Kodi?

• jernej

I tested yesterday evening the libretech ALL-H3-CC image in a hurry. First thing I noticed is that I couldn't configure my remote. Didn't check further what could be the problem as I didn't have a lot of time. I will come back about this later.

Nothing else tested, expect I can tell you the sound comming out of this board is a lot loader then from my KVIM. My amplifier was set on the KVIM but I had to turn it down for the Tritium H3, so good points for that.

• I didn't try it yet with LibreELEC, but I couldn't find any downside of H2+ compared to H3 in the past. I guess it have lower performance, but don't take my word for it.

the only thing I suspect some probs is the VE, as this seems to be 1080p as opposed to 4k whatever this means in the end for us.

Quote from jernej

BTW, I don't want to support any board/TV box which is not in Linux kernel and only TV box supported is Beelink X2. If you would like something else, please send patches to Linux first. As I said before, I don't want to carry patches forever.

OK point noted...

I saw one that looks like a 1:1 clone of the beelink x2 but... You never know, its like Christmas gifts...

Will think twice now ;)

• Wasn't that general issue with Kodi?

Some hardware is not capable of smooth playback of video with fractional frame rate like 23.976Hz. For example, all pre-Haswell Intel GPUs play 23.976Hz video at 24.000Hz and you get a repeated frame every 40 seconds. AMLogic also had this issue (but AFAIK it was fixed with some kernel patches).

I was wondering if Allwinner hardware is capable of properly displaying 23.976 fps video. I can't test this myself because I don't have the hardware (yet).

• Some hardware is not capable of smooth playback of video with fractional frame rate like 23.976Hz. For example, all pre-Haswell Intel GPUs play 23.976Hz video at 24.000Hz and you get a repeated frame every 40 seconds. AMLogic also had this issue (but AFAIK it was fixed with some kernel patches).

I was wondering if Allwinner hardware is capable of properly displaying 23.976 fps video.

I guess monitor has to support it, fractional frame rate has to be whitelisted and resolution switching at start of playback has to be enabled to actually see if this is the issue or not?

Do you know what is actually the reason why some hardware supports it or not? I imagine it has to do which pixel clocks are supported. If that is the case then there is a good chance it will work. I specially took care that as much pixel clocks are supported as possible with Allwinner DW HDMI driver.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful. Currently I don't have appropriate monitor at hand to test it.

• I found one problem with wifi. In lib/firmware/brcm symbolic link brcmfcmac-sdio.txt shows to wrong file. Before change link to brcmfcmac-sdio.AP6212.txt wifi works perfect. :)

• I believe this has something to do with the clock generator logic.

In other words, pixel clock support. So IMO it should work, but don't take my word until it gets tested.

I found one problem with wifi. In lib/firmware/brcm symbolic link brcmfcmac-sdio.txt shows to wrong file. Before change link to brcmfcmac-sdio.AP6212.txt wifi works perfect.

Yeah, wifi is not priority ATM. Do you see any issues with items listed as supported in first post? Can I mark BananaPi M2P as supported?

• Yeah, wifi is not priority ATM. Do you see any issues with items listed as supported in first post? Can I mark BananaPi M2P as supported?

For now:

- mainline kernel & U-Boot --> OK

- completely open source except GPU (Mali) driver (until Lima project is good enough for Kodi) --> OK

- latest Kodi --> OK

- zero copy decoding & rendering --> OK

- shared decoding & rendering code with other SoCs (with small adjustement for now) --> OK

- compared to OpenELEC images with BSP kernel, HDMI should work with any monitor automatically --> OK

- HDMI CEC (support depends on the board) --> OK

- multi channel HDMI audio (correct audio output must be selected) --> OK

- IR receiver (H3 only) --> NOT TESTED (I don't use this feature)

- Analog audio (H3 only) --> NOT TESTED (BananaPi M2P has no analog audio output)

• I was playing with the power button (again on beelink x2), which according to armbian fex should be PL03, so gpio355 in sysfs.

But the value doesn't seem to change with button presses. Now i saw in fex, that mux is 6, which should be S_PL_EINT3 i suppose thats an interrupt enabled input.

Is there missing something from the DTS?

I'm not planning to investigate much more, as at the moment the benefits of this button is in any case very limited until the ARISC works, if ever...

• Hi!

I use Orange Pi PC with LibreELEC 9.0 (updated to 9.1).

I need to remotely manage this OPiPC, i.e.

1) turn-ON this device over the network (Wake-On-Lan)

default Wake-On-Lan is disabled:

But when I try to resolve it, I get the error:

Code
    MUTV-1:~ # ethtool -s eth0 wol g
    Cannot set new wake-on-lan settings: Invalid argument
      not setting wol

How can I fix this?

2) I also need to turn-ON/OFF my TV with the device.

Now, if I remote shutdown OPiPC:

Code
    ssh root@ip_address shutdown -h now 

TV turns-OFF the same, but after that, the device no longer turns-ON!

Power button on OPiPC not working.

If you turn-ON the TV from the remote, it turns-ON, but does not turn-ON OPiPC

And on the TV screen I see a picture of LibreELEC with the command line:

Code
    LibreELEC:~# [ 308.566131] reboot: System halted

How can I configure CEC correctly?

Thanks for your help!