Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• H6 is almost on pair with H3 and A64, except analog audio and CEC is not working for some reason. HW accelerated decoding works same as on H3 and A64.

10 bit HEVC decoding almost works (some visible artifacts), but currently display driver doesn't support 10 bit output, so they are actually rendered in 8 bits.

How about deintrlacing? On H3 end H6. Deintrlacing and vsync?

• Deintrlacing and vsync?

HW deinterlacing is not (yet) supported, but vsync should work correctly. Deinterlacing is not an easy task, because there is no mainline driver yet and it is also not yet supported in the DRMPRIME renderer, which is used in Kodi for this platform.

EDIT: All these platforms (H3, A64, H6) have similar display/decoding hardware, so once you write driver for one of them, you can quickly extend it for others too.

• Ok, but please clarify - no deintrlacing at all currently, or no hw deintrlacing, but sw deintrlacing still works?

• no deintrlacing at all currently, or no hw deintrlacing, but sw deintrlacing still works?

SW deinterlacing works for sure, but that means rendering has to go trough GPU (higher GPU and CPU load). What I currently don't know is if you can combine that with HW decoding.

• SW deinterlacing works for sure, but that means rendering has to go trough GPU (higher GPU and CPU load). What I currently don't know is if you can combine that with HW decoding.

Hmm what will I get with your images when playing 1080i? As I understand, there will be hw decoding enabled and deintrlacing disabled, right?

• Video will be decoded and displayed, but there will be combing effect visible. It really depends on the movie scene how much it is noticeable and how annoying it is.

• macchese all depends if someone manages to fix GPU driver bug. If yes, then everything else is very easy. If not, it only works for resolutions of 800x600 or lower.

• Hi,

Orange Pi Plus 2, especially in standby, freezes completely at random times. It doesn't turn on without removing the adapter and reinserting it. When the system freezes, the green light on the computer also goes out.. Any of you guys having this problem ?

• Detalhes

Boas notícias, pessoal: D

Eu tenho sucesso em adicionar o driver WIFI para laranja pi mais 2e. Minha placa tem alguns problemas de hardware com uma LAN e eu possoi para instalar o driver WIFI. Ainda estou testando, mas parece promissor :)Você pode obter minha imagem daqui . Deve funcionar com outras placas RTL8189FTV

Pode ser colocado Na Atualização?

• Good news everyone :D

I succeed in adding WIFI driver for orange pi plus 2e. My board have some hardware issues with LAN port and i managed to add WIFI driver. I'm still testing it but it looks promising :) You can get my image from here. It should work for other boards with RTL8189FTV too.

Can this be included in the next update?

jernej Can you include it?

• Does anyone know if someone of the sunxi community is working on the orange pi 3 support? Unfortunately pine h64 is currently not easily available.

• I installed devel-20190313081457-fb05d17 Linux Kodi 5.0.0-rc8 #1 SMP Wed Mar 13 06:58:43 CET 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux successfully on my Orange Pi PC (Allwinner H3).

Is it possible to get the composite TV/composite/cvbs Output running in PAL Mode? Mainline status matrix says kernel hasn't support but I'm not sure if this is the latest state.U-Boot seems support it

• Is it possible to get the composite TV/composite/cvbs Output running in PAL Mode? Mainline status matrix says kernel hasn't support but I'm not sure if this is the latest state.U-Boot seems support it

No, there is no support for TV out for H3 on either, Linux and U-Boot. Not much is missing in both cases, just consensus on some implementation details. Either way, U-Boot driver doesn't help at all in this case.

Disclaimer: I'm the one who worked upon U-Boot driver for H3 TV out, but I lost interest.