New here

• Hi All

I am new here and a noob waht concerns the tv box, I am from holland and name is kees ijpelaar. I am a electronic engineer and active on diyaudio but that is quite different with stuff here afcourse.

I have a cheap MXq 4k pro W905S box did install te libreelec 9.0 etc night build, this was working and have more options as the older ones who did not allow to set 800 x 600 resolution.

I did play movies yesterday without trouble, the original android software did crash avery time after playing 10 minutes, it has no kodi player but something else,

Mean problem is the remote control do not work, even for the 9.0 version it did not, now I did read I need to copy or extract the original dtb.img file from the original box? or do I need to find out what remote control file I need? i have seen 281 on the box but did use the 212 version of dtb, img.

And I want to setup the box so the libre is on the eMMC. I have 1g and 8 g memory, better was 2 g or even better 3.

Maybe these boxes are nice for mining bitcoins, using little energy.:)

thanks.

kees

• I think you already posted this in the Coreelec forum. I thought I had pointed out a link with the information

From LibreELEC 9.0.x Remote files - Remote Controllers - CoreELEC Forums there are some files for your device.

You just need to unzip them, & place them in

Copy MXQPRO4K to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

Copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config

then reboot

• Hi

Yes I was there, but now I have try libreelec I am here because I did read that it should work here.

For me it is not a problem with a pc but it is with linux boxes.

Are libre elec and core elec from the same author or are these two different people?.

The box cpu is quite nice for h265 I have Xtreamer for some years and is wit linux, the original android I have on the box

is just a phone os, I do not like android.

A question, how I get into this directories? because I do not now how to see this hidden stuf in linux.

Thanks.

• Because of some "differences" some developers using Libreelec, decided to develop their own fork of Libreelec & called it Coreelec. There are some differences. But in use I don't think you will notice much different.

The latest Libreelec for this device is Krypton. [8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices this uses a different way to get the remote working.

The latest Coreelec is Leia, these are alpha builds, but I find it works pretty well. So, if you can get the Coreelec version booting, then the way I describe to get the remote work is, as I said.

I use Coreftp lite on a windows 10 pc, providing the box boots up, & the network is working you can copy files using that.

• Hi

For me afcourse I have to learn some for linux, and the box. I did read the situation of log in on the box with a usb but I did try wifi and did not work it give a error it do not give a response back from mine modem, I see the other nabure wifi's logged, the original android do work fine on the box with wifi, I did read somewhere that the device tree img needs have the wifi setup on it?, I have use the 281 1 g 8g version who work, the altha version do work very nicely, here I can als setup resolution for mine tv easely, it looks quite as a growing up os for arm boxes.

I can understand the remote controls, there are so much different ones where need the people set it up and post it here.

I go try to get a setup so I can log in on the box with the windows pc and look at it, maybe then I can just copy system on eMMC who is a lot faster.

It looks like the video quality of mine Xtreamer is better then this scheap MXq pro box, but I did see the H265 did output quite nice pictures with low bitrates.

regards

• Why do you need to know linux?

Perhaps this isn't the best place to discuss Coreelec, but those images have a folder with several device trees you can try.

As for installing on eMMC, I would wait until you are really sure you do not want to go back to Android

IF, you really want to install to eMMC then unless things have changed, you get the box running via usb or microsd, then ssh in, & run the command installtointernal

• Well the libreelec 9.0 do behave strange in the libreELEC system, like connections, about, it just do not let see nothing except sometimes very fast I see some tekst, but most, It is empty and so I can not find the IP adres.

But it is afcourse a test version, but it did play movies quite good. maybe I need to try a other tree with a wifi name in it.

regards

• Why do you need to know linux?

Perhaps this isn't the best place to discuss Coreelec, but those images have a folder with several device trees you can try.

As for installing on eMMC, I would wait until you are really sure you do not want to go back to Android

IF, you really want to install to eMMC then unless things have changed, you get the box running via usb or microsd, then ssh in, & run the command installtointernal

Need to learn hoe it works, it is quite difference then windows. but I can do it. Yes in the image are the trees, I go try some.

thanks.

• I'm puzzled, you don't need to know linux, to get this working. Or are you running a Linux machine?

I use rufus or etcher or win32 disk imager from windows. to burn the image to a usb

• No need to be puzzled, but I am a audio engineer design amps and such, and not software, so I have to learn it for using. But I am go fast, it go the good direction.

I did try to connect to the mxQ pro S905W box, but can not connect through ssh, get a time out, so I need to now do I go there within libre elec 9.0 or through original software? need I to use the usb or the network input.

I think last is needed.

thanks.

• To get a network connection try a cable temporarily. If you still have android there is no way to access Libreelec on the usb.

I assume you have the correct ip address, login as root password for Libreelec is libreelec & pwd for Coreelec is coreelec.

So, just to be clear you have created a coreelec or libreelec image on a usb? what version?

does it boot up? if it does then use a keyboard to go through the startup page

note, libreelec ssh is not enabled by default

coreelec ssh is enabled on boot

if it doesn't boot try another device tree.

• Hi

Everything goes oke, it starts, plays movies, and sees wifi.

I have the libreelec 9.0 alpha, and do not now it it is suitable for it, maybe things do not work fully.

I did have see that I can disable password and has done that, maybe that is the reason it did not work.

I use the cable from pc to modem, put this in the box for connecting, is this right? through a usb do not work, need network input

cable.

regards

• Perhaps it's me not understanding correctly.

so you have Libreelec alpha on a usb plugged into the box. It boots up, wifi now works,

you need a network connection to scrape, get movie information.

so, it will play movies on a different usb plugged into the box?

If you have movies either on a usb or on a nas,

On the main menu, Estuary, go down to movies, on the right, add movies, then browse to your movies, select type, ie movies, it will ask you if you want to scan now, say yes, with the network connected, LAN or wifi, it will then get movie information, fanart etc

• It does alle, I have all usb working, wifi not tested but it let see the nabure wifi signals and mine own, so wifi work I think.

I habe a usb plugged in, where it boots from works oke, I have a 2 Tb harddrive with movies, works, and a test movie on H265 also works.

the only thing is the remote do not and the alpha version looks a little unstable, tekst in setup system menu's is not visible sometimes so I do see not wifi connections or other setups.

I have to be carefull it do not change or delete the HD because there are a lot of movies present.

It is a nice idea, to scan, because than I get more information about it, thanks for tip.

But first it needs to work, and so I try to connect with ssh and copy things for remote and set program on nand.

If I connect a mouse, a keyboard and a HD, put linux on I have a faster computer as mine own i7 with a lot less heat and poweruse, maybe a good miner for bitcoin.

regards

• Sorry, which image exactly have you installed?

as far as I am aware, there are no Libreelec 9.0 images (Leia) for your device

what chip does it have Rockchip or Amlogic?

Coreelec has Leia for amlogic devices

Librelec does not (I think)

CEC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/consumer_electronics_control

basically, IF your tv has CEC, it means your tv remote might control the device

Libreelec & Coreelec are basically Kodi, built on a Linux operating system, you cannot, install linux on it. I mean, you might be able to install linux,on a separate usb or perhaps dual boot, but you'd need to google for that

• Here it came from

I have a older phillips, who has not yet CEC, I did read it on google.

I did try to find the IP it does only if wifi works but it give a error no respons from modem, and something with remote.

I go try the older versions, because the 9.0 is quite unstable. but it looks good.

I have a amlogic S905W.

regards