low volume output

• I should have posted this question ages ago when I first switched from OpenElec to LibreELEC, anyways here we are.

It seems since making the switch the volume output is much lower, meaning I have to increase the volume on my receiver from -45 to -25 to hear whatever I'm watching regardless of format.

My setup which has been the same for ages now

Asus Chromebox now running 8.2.5

Denon 5.1 receiver.

Passthrough is enabled.

I've upgraded a few times but no change. I did a fresh install, no change.

If anyone can suggest a setting to try I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

• The only thing I can think of is that a somewhat lower volume setting is used by the Linux OS, as a means of ear protection. But that would affect so many other devices as well.

But I myself get mixed results from Windows 10 and Ubuntu on computers when it comes to audio output levels. Could you re-install OpenELEC and re-check the volume output? I take it you did up the volume to the max via the - and + keys in LibreELEC? Also double-check by bypassing your Denon AVR. Did it get a firmware update at some point?

BTW, I'm not an audio guru by any means.

• Was the OE install "updated" to LE or have you done clean install? .. If it was an update; stop Kodi and rename /storage/.kodi to /storage/.oldkodi and then restart Kodi. You'll get a clean/empty install (which is easily reverted by renaming folders again) to test with. We see OE installs with so much accumulated cruft and odd settings that sometimes a spring-clean resolves things.