Installation menu “freeze” for hour, keyboard is not responding

• Hello everyone,

When I boot on my USB drive, install menu appears but I can’t select anything: it’s like the install menu was freezing. So I’m not able to install anything.

My keyboard is ok cause I’m able to select the right drive to boot. Tested with various USB keys, same result.

Any idea?

• What exact device are you trying to install LibreELEC on to? A full-blown PC, some odd Android box, a coffee machine..?

What size is the USB key?

• What exact device are you trying to install LibreELEC on to? A full-blown PC, some odd Android box, a coffee machine..?

What size is the USB key?

Sorry, I didn't said anything about my device. It's a Intel Nuc, model type NUC5i3RYK.
    USB key was Sandisk 16 go and another one with (lol) Milhouse Van Houten look-a-like, 8 go.

• Also:

How did You create the (hopefully correct??) boot media?

Installation of LibreELEC [LibreELEC.wiki]

I install it with LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 program.
    Once again, my keyboard is working cause I can into my BIOS without any issue, then I boot on my USB key, and I get stuck: arrows are not working. Don't ask me why but with the same exact hardware, I was able to install it previously. I've tried to dual boot LibreELEC and Windows 10 but had an issue with the EFI behaviour, and was not able to access LibreELEC, so that's why I choose to inbstall LibreELEC only (for the moment).

I appreciate the fact you try to help me guys.

• I have been using same Logitech K400r's both when I used RPi's and with current VOYO Mini PC's without any issues.

As blueribb said, try all available ports.

And if possible, try using wired keyboard/mouse.

• I have a Logitech K830 wireless keyboard, but it doesn't work with the USB dongle or with a USB cable plugged in. The only keyboard I have which is working is my Corsait mechanical keyboard with 2 USB.

blueribb: which keyboard do you have?

• I have both a Logitech K340 and K400 wireless KB's. Both work with my (2) Intel NUC's (3rd gen i5) to install LE.

Try booting again to your USB Flash Drive and unplug your keyboard. Then plug it in again, trying each available USB Port. Make sure nothing else is plugged into a USB Port besides the Flash Drive and Keyboard.

If it still doesn't work, borrow someone's keyboard