Is installtointernal only in community builds?

• I mostly use community builds and always use installtointernal right after installation for faster response time. Today I grabbed the LE 9.0 nightly from test.libreelec.com and when I ssh'd into my box I see there is no installtointernal command. So just curious if its only on community builds and if so is there a way to install LE 9.0 nightlies to the emmc? Thanks

• "installtointernal" was removed as policy by the Libreelec team.

As far as I am aware the only "community" build, that runs Leia, that has retained this is Coreelec - which is not Libreelec but a fork of it for AMLogic hardware.

Krypton builds of Libreelec are the last builds to support this feature.

Shoog

• It's deliberately absent because the outrageous amount of repetitive and thankless support work it generates is/was (in our opinion) a bigger problem than the increasingly negligible speed difference between most eMMC storage and a decent SD card.

Running LE from eMMC storage isn't a bad idea, but the current implementation and user experience with that script *is* a bad idea. At some point it will be tackled in a way that makes sense over Allwinner, Amlogic, Rockchip, etc. .. but some features need to land in uboot before we make any serious efforts on that, it's a little too early.