kodi does not start when hdmi not connected (kwiboos LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-201807011300-d46baa3-rock64.img.gz)

• Hi,

I tried LibreELEC on rock64 and found kwiboos version working quite well. I only stumbled over the problem that I could not get the box started without a device being connected and powered on at the hdmi connector. The error message in kodi is the following:

07:23:09.239 T:4089572800 ERROR: CDRMUtils::FindConnector - could not get connector: No such device

07:23:09.490 T:4089572800 ERROR: CWinSystemGbm::InitWindowSystem - failed to initialize Atomic DRM

07:23:09.759 T:4089572800 ERROR: CWinSystemGbm::InitWindowSystem - failed to initialize Legacy DRM

07:23:09.759 T:4089572800 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system

It seens to come from here

Is there a way to get kodi running without having a hdmi device connected and powered on? I'd like to listen to music only sometimes without powering up the projector the rock64 is connected to.

Chris

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Hey and thanks a lot for the confirmation!

Do you think it would be possible to gather(*) the information about the hdmi while the projector is running and then extend the code to feed that information back from a configuration file? Well, that wouldn't work if the information about the hdmi that is gathered would not be static. Do you see any chance to make such a workaround for the time being? I'm not a developer, but I looked into code before...

Thanks, Chris

BTW: Great work - all of it so far!

• It might be possible to capture and then force the EDID via kernel boot params. The raw EDID data and override location is probably under the /sys/kernel path somewhere, but I have no idea what the specific steps are for a Rockchip 4.4 kernel.