Reset and power buttons installation

• Hi,

I need help with a new box i buy for the raspberry. It cames with swith off and reset buttons but i was not capable of install the pcb driver in librelec. The box "super nintendo pal from kintaro" cames with the instructions for install it in Retropie and Recalbox and i install the driver in Retropie and no problem. The command for install it is "wget -O - https://goo.gl/22rsn3 | bash" but bash command is not available. In some posts i see the ash command from busybox replaced it but no sure how it works. The download is possible but i can not run the script.

I ask for help in kintaro but they told me they will investigate it. However not sure if they will answer. I would aprecciate if somebody can help me with it. It is not a crucial thing but would be nice if i can use the buttons too in libreelec.

• That script will never work on LE as there is no apt-get solution.

However, if you just want an on/off solution:

All you need to do is add a switch between GPIO 3 and GND and then add

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown

to config.txt following This

After a reboot, you can shutdown and restart the RPi via the switch

• I made it by using GPIO 3 (Pin 5) and it's opposite Ground Pin 6. Read my thread: Support for the Pi-Desktop Power Button?

If your board must use GPIO 3 and GPIO 17, you can set GPIO 17 to Low (Ground) in the python script ("off-button.py", see link above).

Insert this lines after line 8 of "off-button.py":

Code
    ground_pin_number=17
    GPIO.setup(ground_pin_number, GPIO.OUT)
    GPIO.output(ground_pin_number, False)