How to Remap my media center remote buttons

• hoping someone here can help me with this little problem.

I want to change what a couple of buttons do on my rc6 mce remote that I use (mainly power button)

Here's the setup, basically I run a pi3 with libre elec 8.2.5 using with my mce remote. As standard pressing the power button shuts down the pi and the kids and wife always press it not realising thinking they are turning the tv off, then I have to go behind the tv cupboard to unplug and 're plug in the psu for the pi, my pi is hidden at back of tv cupboard so not easily reachable.

So far I tried using keymap editor add-on from kodi repo as I remembered using that a while ago for a HDMI cec remote for tv.

But it doesn't work with the mce remote.

When I navigate through keymap editor to select power off options (so when the power button is pressed it brings power option box up instead) it just turns off my pi when trying to set the button.

Can anyone shine any light on this problem.

Thanks

• that just looks like alot of jargon lol.

I thought it would of been easier than that as like I said keymap editor worked using my tv remote through HDMI cec.

Is there no way I could somehow delete say a file that clears all current key maps then start fresh using the keymap editor.

Thanks

• Ok so I have come to the conclusion that something has changed in libreelec itself making the keymap editor useless now.

I've followed the wiki to configure my remote. I've successfully done that and assigned a button to another key, now when I do this the button does nothing even though the ir-keytable sees that button as being setup up correctly.

It will not map through HDMI cec either using keymap editor.

Now here is how I know something has changed, when I use to use this same pi on my old living room tv last year i use to use keymap editor to change the coloured buttons to info/context menu etc and all worked perfect.

That old tv is now in the conservatory so I've pulled out a spare sd card, fresh install of libreelec 8.2.5 and only installed keymap editor. By default blue button open photos, so I try and change it to context button like I have in the past. As I press it to map it it appears to have mapped successfully but makes the swoosh noise in the background like it's trying to open photos, so press back couple of times and save. Exit keymap editor and all should work you would think but no blue button still opens photos.

I've been messing around with this all night and just annoyed that something I always use to setup in the past no longer works, even with the same tv.

Cheers

• I haven't used the keymap editor for ages so don't know if it's working or if it maybe has some issues.

Mapping remote buttons via a remote.xml file in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ is working fine though.

Here's the remote.xml I'm using for my Hauppauge remote. I've remapped the power button to show the shutdown dialog window so my RPi doesn't unconditionally shut down if I accidentally press it.

Enable debug logging in kodi and watch the kodi log with tail -f .kodi/temp/kodi.log while you press buttons to see which buttons are mapped to which keynames ("power", "red", "forward", ..).

The available actions and general info about remote/keyboard mapping are described in the kodi wiki Keymap - Official Kodi Wiki

so long,

Hias

• just wanted to say that you helped me quite a bit with your post! Thanks.