LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• In my linux_media repo 5520SE required dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5521.fw
    linux_media/tbs5520se.c at latest · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

And dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5520.fw for 5520
    linux_media/tbs5220.c at latest · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

All required firmware in dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2 @ my media_build
    [hr]

Okay so because nobody even downloaded my provided log, i will put it in a post here.
    Hopefully somebody can help me this time.
    Hardware: ################################################################################ - Pastebin.com
    System: ################################################################################ - Pastebin.com
    Kodi: Chop – Post code, write notes and share feedback (too large for pastebin)

DVBSKy C2800E not supported in current V4L DVB drivers. And no any M88DC2800 frontend driver.

Edited once, last by crazycat (April 9, 2017 at 10:03 PM).

• many thx for ur information crazycat moves me forward!

In my linux_media repo 5520SE required dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5521.fw
    linux_media/tbs5520se.c at latest · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

And dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5520.fw for 5520
    linux_media/tbs5220.c at latest · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

All required firmware in dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2 @ my media_build

sorry, i don't get it... i loaded the tar.bz2 just copied the ...tbsqbox-id5521.fw into the /storage/.config/update/firmware of my current 8.0.1 (or is 7.0.2 needed for these firmware files?) installation of LE
    the nearest module to load was dvb-usb-tbs5520(.ko) where modprobe succeeded and dmesg messaged:

Code
    [ 1341.756091] WARNING: You are using an experimental version of the media stack.
    [ 1341.756091]  As the driver is backported to an older kernel, it doesn't offer
    [ 1341.756091]  enough quality for its usage in production.
    [ 1341.756091]  Use it with care.
    [ 1341.756091] Latest git patches (needed if you report a bug to [email protected]):
    [ 1341.756091]  773958eb1c3853590d6f726e6a7d8df87d16639c dvb-usb-cxusb: Geniatech Mygica T230C2 support.

what's wrong? still no dvb adapter in tvheadend...
    for me it seems that the firmware file is not enough... I need the module (.ko) file as well but where from?

Edited once, last by garglkarg (April 13, 2017 at 7:00 AM).

• DVBSKy C2800E not supported in current V4L DVB drivers. And no any M88DC2800 frontend driver.

I'm not sure if I understood that right, but it seem like i have to downgrade back to version 7.x to get my DVC-C card working again, right?
    The reason for this is a missing (frontend, whatever this means) driver.

• maybe you use before 7.x with my linux-tbs-drivers ?

ok, I did... but without success I used the CvH 7.0.2 image, with tbs5520se plugged in, selected TBS CrazyCat driver in DVB Driver Configuration, loaded the tar.bz2 just copied the ...tbsqbox-id5521.fw into the /storage/.config/firmware and modprobed the most similar module dvb-usb-tbs5520(.ko) but without any further response... still no dvb adapter in tvheadend 4.2 addon

dmesg told me

Code
    [  620.610321] media: Linux media interface: v0.10
    [  620.619076] WARNING: You are using an experimental version of the media stack.
    [  620.619076] Latest git patches (needed if you report a bug to [email protected]):
    [  620.627891] usbcore: registered new interface driver tbs5520

so where do I get the correct module (.ko file)? or what else may be missing & wrong!

thx for any assistance!

Edited once, last by garglkarg (April 14, 2017 at 6:46 AM).

• ok, I did... but without success I used the CvH 7.0.2 image, with tbs5520se plugged in, selected TBS CrazyCat driver in DVB Driver Configuration

5520se anyway not supported in old linux-tbs-drivers (only restricted 5520 support as sat tuner only).

So you must use LE 8.x +

• 5520se anyway not supported in old linux-tbs-drivers (only restricted 5520 support as sat tuner only).

So you must use LE 8.x +

ok, i didn't know that - even sat support only would be satisfying for my LE start.

so final question: would your media_build firmware work in LE 8.x+ and what do I need to load the custom firmware, modprobe what?

• I current have a htpc with 2 satellite tuners, running on windows 8.
    I am looking to change to linux and am hoping to go with libreelec. Unfortunately it does not seem to work with the 2 tuners I have - a Blackgold BGTT3595 and Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL. The mystique unit is seen on tvheadend, but no channels are found. I tried mythtv with similar results. I then tried this unofficial v7. When I select crazycat version none of the tuners are seen. When I try the Media_Build version I just get a black screen when libreelec reboots.
    The libreelec is installed on a usb stick for testing. When I try the usb in a different pc it works fine with both Crazycat and Media_Build, but there are no tuners on that pc.
    Any ideas on what might be causing the blackscreen, or if these tuner cards should work with the Media_Build version?
    Thanks

• Hey, i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question. But from my understanding, these are builds of LibreElec which also run a TVheadend server instance and has DVB driver support? (In my case, the Geniatech HDStar DVBS2 "V3").

Is it as simple as flashing the image to an SD card, booting, and accessing TvH with support for the DVB chipset?

• Hey there, CvH!

Thanks for your help so far!

Would it be possible for your to create a new image with LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.2 MR including the DigitalDevices drivers?

That would be great!

Thanks a lot!

Greetings,

OnbekendHH

• hello, guys

I've trying to use my TBS QBOX2(5920) on Linux since a long time ago witho no sucess. Now, I'm trying to use with this custom LibreELEC with a RPI3.

My device is recognized, but it disconnects after few seconds.

This is the log when I use "Official TBS open souce drivers(formerly ljalves)"

And the errors keep going, with more and more "device descriptor read/64, error -110" errors.

Now with CrazyCat-CC drivers:

I've tried to use an external powered cable and after an USB hub with and without external power and I've got the same errors.

I remember the TBS support once sent me test drivers to use with my Windows PC, since the website ones were BSODing.

I still have these files, maybe we can extract the firmware from them.

I would like to know if anyone can help me with this QBOX 2 device or if it will be forever a Windows only device.

Cheers!

• Would love to see the new build with DD drivers too, thanks for your hard work!

• I have a T230c with raspberry pi 3, Is there any build that can work for me?? i saw that there are new build with librelec 8.0.2 but its generic not for raspberry pi 3

thank you for your work!