LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• hi thanks,
    where is this?

is it when you create a dvb-options.conf file and in there?

i did modinfo and didn't see that parameter for my hardware, or is it somewhere else?
    i'll try it though if you give me some pointers

• # sudo echo "options cx231xx transfer_mode=0" > /etc/modprobe.d/cx231xx.conf
    # sudo reboot

change the cx231xx bit to watever the dvb driver module is named

u may need to reboot a couple times.. check the option is enabled

may not even be an option for your device but worth a try

think on libreelec the .conf file ends up being in /storage somewhere

Edited once, last by highkick05 (January 1, 2017 at 1:24 PM).

• echo "options cx231xx transfer_mode=0" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cx231xx.conf

i guess

thanks..
    i take it the name of the file is irrelevant?

any tips to know if it's enabled?

i've added this to /etc/modprobe.d/dvb_options.conf
    it's copied to the .config itself after a couple of reboots..

Code
    options dvb_usb_dw2102 transfer_mode=0
    options dvb_usb_cxusb transfer_mode=0

so should work with both devices?
    i'm still getting the issue though with both devices (with 1 disabled at a time in case relatd).

• Hello Everyone...

How can i enable TBS drivers in v7.90.010? (in 7.02 with DVB Configuration Addon works ok on TBS driver)
    I have TBS 6921 and a get:

• Code
    options dvb_usb_dw2102 transfer_mode=0
    options dvb_usb_cxusb transfer_mode=0

i'm still getting the issue though with both devices (with 1 disabled at a time in case relatd).

I tried the pi3 image and it actually works flawless (without dvb-options). Watching Live TV on the pi3 + watching a HD channel remotely (1 on dvb-c and 1 on dvb-s).
    do get 1 or 2 continuity errrors maybe every 2 minutes, but seems normal for usb dvb. nothing visible goes wrong on the screen.

so it seems the x86 image is either different, or the hardware is having issues - it's an Acer Revo 3700
    I'll try with my gigabye brix aswell and see if it's the same issue.

EDIT: works fine on the gigabyte brix.. so it's related to the acer, i wonder if it's something to do with USB

EDIT2: seems fine now on the acer - i played about using different ports (i had to do this in the brix or it actually wouldn't boot up at all)

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (January 2, 2017 at 12:18 AM).

• Couple weeks ago I bought T230c and I have LibreELEC 7.0.2-dvbdrivers. Everything working fine (DVB-C) but is one problem - very often when switching between channels, I see image errors (artefacts). This is big problem because I can't set recordings - if recording begins with artefacts I see this rec in tvheadend > Digital Video Recorder > Failed recordings.

Is possible to fix this? Is this drivers problem or tv network problem (dvb-c) ? SNR is about 70% & signal strength -49 dbm.

• Couple weeks ago I bought T230c and I have LibreELEC 7.0.2-dvbdrivers. Everything working fine (DVB-C) but is one problem - very often when switching between channels, I see image errors (artefacts). This is big problem because I can't set recordings - if recording begins with artefacts I see this rec in tvheadend > Digital Video Recorder > Failed recordings.

Is possible to fix this? Is this drivers problem or tv network problem (dvb-c) ? SNR is about 70% & signal strength -49 dbm.

you can Skip initial bytes:
    in your dvb adapter settings in tvheadend if that is the cause...

i got this on my ubuntu normal server running tvheadend.. some channels always failed, not sure if it was related to this... but you could try it..
    i think you can put a very large number in there

• you can Skip initial bytes:
    in your dvb adapter settings in tvheadend if that is the cause...

i got this on my ubuntu normal server running tvheadend.. some channels always failed, not sure if it was related to this... but you could try it..
    i think you can put a very large number in there

Thanks for info! I have "0". How many I need to write there? 2 or 3? Or 20, 200, 2000? I do not know what units are there. Seconds?

--- [EDIT] ---

Probably I found correct number. Described here:
    Getting bad satellite recordings in TVHeadEnd? Here’s a possible fix | Free-To-Air America

I set "Skip Initial Bytes" to 1880000 and looks fine - all channels loading with no errors.

Edited once, last by jan.kowalski (January 2, 2017 at 9:22 PM).

• Code
    options dvb_usb_[b]dw2102[/b] transfer_mode=0
    options dvb_usb_[b]cxusb[/b] transfer_mode=0

just double checked this cos I wasn't sure, ur device names should not be prepended with dvb_usb_ the module name should be stand alone "dw2012" etc..
    there are many techniques to finding out parameter values of loaded modules... search the interwebs , this is critical part of finding out if this will fix ur probs

Edited once, last by CvH (January 3, 2017 at 7:50 PM).

• We have now, first time ever, a working version for AML (at least it looks like).
    These are LibreELEC 7.90.010 builds + Kernel 4.9 DVB Drivers + TBS drivers + T230/C.

Images for:
    Odroid_C2
    WeTek Core
    WeTek Hub
    imx6

arm

feel free to report problems

WeTek Play 1/2 are currently evaluated if "we" can fix the included tuner.

• Hey,
    I recently switched from OpenElec to LibreElec. I flashed version 7.90.010 and restored my stettings for TVheadend ans OSCam and everything is working fine. But TVHeadend cant find my Tuner. There is just no tuner to choose from. In OpenElec both tuners were found normally. I have a DigitalDevices Cine Ct V6 PCIe DVB-C card. As you are the TV experts in this forum, I want to ask you for some help with my problem. Do you have any solution or idea what the problem is?

• Updating C2 and I have just blue screen after initial splash.
    Similar like this: LibreELEC
    I use an older boot.ini and now no boot. Can I do something?