LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• this shouldn't be a problem with my image because there is nopthing touched what makes WOL work

is ok

Wireless doesn't usually support WOL

It works perfectly fine with a LAN adapter. Just clearing that up for ppl.

I'm not sure what it takesto get WOL working in linux with a wireless adapter. ? Question for someone who jknows this ?

• Tvheadend seems to be not so collaborative, the log simply displays a part of it and then it get stucked when having TBS plugged

Here is the log:

As seen, it stucks at "scanfile: ISDB-T - loaded 2 regions with 1000 networks"

If I use the same command without TBS plugged, I get this (I think it is OK)

• Now that support for TBS cards has moved from OE to LE, I am trying to change from OE 6.0.1 (CvH TBS build) to LE 7.0.0. Initially, I tried the update route, using CvH file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.0-dvb-drivers-1.0.tar. This failed with the error "size check failed". I wondered whether this was due to the problem with the size of the boot partition, so I tried a fresh installation from the .img file.

This booted into LE OK with the splash screen, but then the screen went blank and stayed that way apart from the odd fraction of a second flash of something that looked like a dialogue box. This happens every time.

I then tried an update from 6.0.1 to generic 6.0.3, losing the TBS drivers of course, but apart from that, successfully. However, this did not change anything for either the update or the fresh install of LE.

I would be very grateful for any ideas on how to get around the problem.

Intel Core i3 on Gigabyte GA-Z97M-d3H Micro ATX
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    System drive: Kingston 120GB SSD
    TBS 6281 dual terrestrial TV card

I am replying to my own post. I managed eventually to see enough of the screen from the very brief flashes to work out what keys to press and successfully did a clean installation of LibreELEC. The installation problem appears to be with the video driver. My native screen resolution is 2560 x 1440. This problem does not occur with the OpenELEC image files, so it might be something the devs want to look into.

testimages at least the DDDVB drivers compile no idea if they work this time pls test
    dmesg atwoking/notworking state are welcome

Thank you for the new testimage. I just tried it. The error message in the system.log is gone. But tvheadend can't detect any devices.
    There is /dev/ddbridge/card0, but no /dev/dvb
    I have attached the log files. Maybe it helps you to find the problem.

• but then the screen went blank and stayed that way apart from the odd fraction of a second flash of something that looked like a dialogue box

I am very pleased with the end result and I like the improvements made over OpenELEC 6.0.1. I still have one head-scratcher, but it may be an issue for a separate thread - possibly in the generic area, please advise if so. My "system" drive is an SSD, but my "data" drive is a 4TB HDD. After installation, I need to point LE to the HDD to access the data. This works perfectly for music and videos, but not for TV recordings. If I use the file manager, or SSH into the system, the recordings are in /storage/recordings. They are all there, both old ones and ones made since the LE installation. But if I try to access the recordings under TV | Recordings, only the new ones (since LE was installed) show up. I am using Tvh 4.2.

Edited once, last by CvH (May 12, 2016 at 10:26 AM).

• this is a generic problem, but honestly no idea whats wrong - maybe check you recording location (also the old ones) and move your files to the new location

Thanks again CvH. I was sure it was a generic problem and I won't bother you any more with it. The same thing happened going from OE5 to OE6, although I have only ever used TBS builds. All the recorded files, old and new *appear* to be in the same location, whether you use System | File Manager or SSH into LE. All the correct subfolders are under /storage and all work as expected except for recordings. It's no big deal - I can still get at the old ones through File Manager.

• I have no idea - worth a try -> disable Tvh -> delete /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/ restart Tvh

Hey CvH, I talked with some guys that know about drivers and we found that it was a driver problem and not a tvheadend issue!

The fact is that drivers weren't developed for annex b dvbc network (such as the one that I have), buuuut there is a commit link at si2168 branch of linux_media drivers developed by crazycat that seems to try to implement support for annex b

Is it possible to try an image with this commit to see if that works with annex b?

Edited once, last by pepesuriano (May 12, 2016 at 7:17 PM).