LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• this shouldn't be a problem with my image because there is nopthing touched what makes WOL work

is ok

Wireless doesn't usually support WOL

It works perfectly fine with a LAN adapter. Just clearing that up for ppl.

I'm not sure what it takesto get WOL working in linux with a wireless adapter. ? Question for someone who jknows this ?

• Hi CvH,
    I have a Cine CT V6.1 This card works very well with OpenElec 6.03. Now I want to switch to LibreElec 7.0
    But I have exact the same problem.

the dddvb drivers refuses to crosscompile correctly, but this is still on the list

• Any ideas?

as the log tells "everything okay" you need to start tvh manually, this would output a lot debug stuff
    deactivate tvh in the gui, open shell and enter
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend -B -C -s --debug --trace -u root -g video -c /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/

• Tvheadend seems to be not so collaborative, the log simply displays a part of it and then it get stucked when having TBS plugged

Here is the log:

As seen, it stucks at "scanfile: ISDB-T - loaded 2 regions with 1000 networks"

If I use the same command without TBS plugged, I get this (I think it is OK)

• Tvheadend seems to be not so collaborative, the log simply displays a part of it and then it get stucked when having TBS plugged

I think you have to ask the Tvh guys how to debug this - no idea. Maybe the driver goes wild or or or ...

• Tried tvheadend 4.1-2000-09.05.2016 and got exactly the same issue, how could I find out if it is problem of tvheadend or a driver problem?

• Tried tvheadend 4.1-2000-09.05.2016 and got exactly the same issue, how could I find out if it is problem of tvheadend or a driver problem?

I have no idea - worth a try -> disable Tvh -> delete /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/ restart Tvh

• I am replying to my own post. I managed eventually to see enough of the screen from the very brief flashes to work out what keys to press and successfully did a clean installation of LibreELEC. The installation problem appears to be with the video driver. My native screen resolution is 2560 x 1440. This problem does not occur with the OpenELEC image files, so it might be something the devs want to look into.

• I managed eventually to see enough of the screen from the very brief flashes to work out what keys to press and successfully did a clean installation of LibreELEC.

could you provide the /var/log/Xorg.0.log ?

testimages at least the DDDVB drivers compile no idea if they work this time pls test
    dmesg atwoking/notworking state are welcome

Thank you for the new testimage. I just tried it. The error message in the system.log is gone. But tvheadend can't detect any devices.
    There is /dev/ddbridge/card0, but no /dev/dvb
    I have attached the log files. Maybe it helps you to find the problem.

• but then the screen went blank and stayed that way apart from the odd fraction of a second flash of something that looked like a dialogue box

I am very pleased with the end result and I like the improvements made over OpenELEC 6.0.1. I still have one head-scratcher, but it may be an issue for a separate thread - possibly in the generic area, please advise if so. My "system" drive is an SSD, but my "data" drive is a 4TB HDD. After installation, I need to point LE to the HDD to access the data. This works perfectly for music and videos, but not for TV recordings. If I use the file manager, or SSH into the system, the recordings are in /storage/recordings. They are all there, both old ones and ones made since the LE installation. But if I try to access the recordings under TV | Recordings, only the new ones (since LE was installed) show up. I am using Tvh 4.2.

Edited once, last by CvH ().

• ut if I try to access the recordings under TV | Recordings, only the new ones (since LE was installed) show up.

this is a generic problem, but honestly no idea whats wrong - maybe check you recording location (also the old ones) and move your files to the new location

• this is a generic problem, but honestly no idea whats wrong - maybe check you recording location (also the old ones) and move your files to the new location

Thanks again CvH. I was sure it was a generic problem and I won't bother you any more with it. The same thing happened going from OE5 to OE6, although I have only ever used TBS builds. All the recorded files, old and new *appear* to be in the same location, whether you use System | File Manager or SSH into LE. All the correct subfolders are under /storage and all work as expected except for recordings. It's no big deal - I can still get at the old ones through File Manager.

• I have no idea - worth a try -> disable Tvh -> delete /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/ restart Tvh

Hey CvH, I talked with some guys that know about drivers and we found that it was a driver problem and not a tvheadend issue!

The fact is that drivers weren't developed for annex b dvbc network (such as the one that I have), buuuut there is a commit link at si2168 branch of linux_media drivers developed by crazycat that seems to try to implement support for annex b

Is it possible to try an image with this commit to see if that works with annex b?