Pi-hole extension: Adding QoS (priority + anti bloat) to LE S905* Box as AP-router

• (Implemented) Pi-Hole

Re: July 24 posts, where Pi-hole with dnsmasq backend also does DNS/DHCP server role beyond DNS Adblock, how about:

Configuration: Ethernet RJ45 to LE S905 X/W aarch64 Box with tethered WiFi AP. This AP connects to several home devices and shares Internet bandwidth from the Ethernet source.

If we could add QoS priority (IP address, device, application based) along with anti buffer bloat ( scheduling/queueing packages like fq_codel and cake SQM), the LE Box now becomes a little router + media streamer.

The objective here is to share Ethernet bandwidth across a few home devices and all the Adblock and QoS features via installing above packages on LE Box as if it were a small router.

Question: So are there any QoS Dockers available that can work on aarch64 box?

Also, to avoid ISP DNS hijacking, many router providers talk about changing DNS port from 53, to say, 54. Is this valid, and could the port be mapped thus on the machine?

Alpine Linux/Docker documentation is very sparse so I can't figure out if you could simply install above QoS packages in a base Alpine Docker with Dockerfile ADD command, as you would typically install on OpenWrt running on a router with "apt-get install [package] "

• For one minute - just imagine that we all stupid. All I can see if bla bla QoS, something, 53.

I really have no idea what you are trying to do. That is not a criticism but a reflection of the amount of "Feature Requests" I look at.

Imagine that you are trying to obtain a loan from your bank manager and this is your reason for the loan. Make it simple as the header and then define the technical requirements.

I'm not putting a damper on your enthusiasm and I'm sure you know what you mean - but many don't.

• For one minute - just imagine that we all stupid. All I can see if bla bla QoS, something, 53.

I really have no idea what you are trying to do. That is not a criticism but a reflection of the amount of "Feature Requests" I look at.

Imagine that you are trying to obtain a loan from your bank manager and this is your reason for the loan. Make it simple as the header and then define the technical requirements.

I'm not putting a damper on your enthusiasm and I'm sure you know what you mean - but many don't.

Maybe it shouldn't have been in feature requests but in some discussion topics-reason it is here is simply your own Pi-hole thread for continuity !

Briefly, how can I install OpenWrt QoS like packages on top of LibreElec given it is a non writeable distro? With an Alpine base container use an ADD command via Dockerfile? Is it possible to add QoS to the Pi-hole Docker?

You are welcome to move this to any "suitable" thread.