Script for Raspberry Nespi case+??? (SafeShutdown, SafeReset, and LED)

• Nope. Doesn't work. Sorry but I'm a completely noob and don't know what to do. The instrauction manual is good, but I think there are some points which need to be more clearify, because I don't have a folder with name "storage".

• Nope. Doesn't work. Sorry but I'm a completely noob and don't know what to do. The instrauction manual is good, but I think there are some points which need to be more clearify, because I don't have a folder with name "storage".

I think Da Flex means to access the storage from your PC and not from the micro sd card attached to the PC unless you have a linux pc...

• If you connect the card to a PC, the "storage" folder (see instructions) will become the "STORAGE" partition.

With the infos you gave so far, I can't provide a solution. I don't know whether you copied the script folder into the storage folder, nor do I know which pins are used by your hardware. A circuit diagram and / or an example script by the manufacturer would help.

PS: If you can't access the "STORAGE" partition on PC (Windows), use the PC program PuTTY to copy from PC to RPi.

• If you connect the card to a PC, the "storage" folder (see instructions) will become the "STORAGE" partition.

With the infos you gave so far, I can't provide a solution. I don't know whether you copied the script folder into the storage folder, nor do I know which pins are used by your hardware. A circuit diagram and / or an example script by the manufacturer would help.

PS: If you can't access the "STORAGE" partition on PC (Windows), use the PC program PuTTY to copy from PC to RPi.

I know it's not the point of this thread but all you can access from a windows PC is /flash directory..

• LE uses two partitions; on an SD card they are named LIBREELEC (vfat) and STORAGE (ext4). Windows and macOS do not natively support the ext4 partition so they will only show the vfat patition (/flash). So you will need to SSH into a running system (which is easiest) or use a Linux VM (which can see/mount ext4 partitions) to access the /storage patition on the SD card.

• Did you manage to fix the blinking Led on your script?

edit your script

Code
    import time

from top of script

and replace with

Python
    import time
    from time import sleep

then wherever you have

Code
    time.sleep

replace with

Code
    sleep

Been testing bits from that script as I m trying to make a script for myself with 1 button that blinks led and it worked that way..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (February 6, 2021 at 4:56 PM).

• Hello

Is it possible to make it a script for Nespi 4 Case?

I have tried to install the script from here but it doesn't work.

Hola

¿es posible hacerlo un script para Nespi 4 Case?

He intentado instalar es Script de aqui pero no funciona.

• Probably it's possible...what functions do you need?

Just 1 power button and fan?

• Probably it's possible...what functions do you need?

Just 1 power button and fan?

If it is possible to make the two buttons that the Nespi 4 Case brings functional (On/Off and Reset, and the fan off. Currently I turn off LibreElec by clicking "Shutdown system" and it turns off but the fan and the red power LED stay on If I deactivate the switch on the Nespi 4 Case, it turns on again instead of turning off completely (fan and red power LED). If only the On/Off button worked correctly, turning everything off completely, it would be great. reset button is not that important.

Translation from Spanish to English with Google Traslate

• Just had a look on github nespi 4 pins and they look the same to me..so script Da Flex posted should still work..

Did you try to run all 3 scripts manually from ssh and see if they are at least working mainly SafeShutdown.py

the other 2 scripts should work on any rpi as they are just kodi-send commands..

Don t forget to first install rpi-tools addon and make all your 3 scripts executable..

Anyone who knows how to create the Script for the Nespi 4 Case buttons?

would be appreciated.

Edited once, last by Mario77 (May 17, 2022 at 1:54 PM).

• try this one and use the same Restart_Button.sh and Shutdown_Button.sh from this post..see what happens..this is same script from nespi github page just edited a little bit to work with libreelec..

If none work tell us what you r doing step by step and we ll try to help..

remove the .txt from file

• Just had a look on github nespi 4 pins and they look the same to me..so script Da Flex posted should still work..

Did you try to run all 3 scripts manually from ssh and see if they are at least working mainly SafeShutdown.py

the other 2 scripts should work on any rpi as they are just kodi-send commands..

Don t forget to first install rpi-tools addon and make all your 3 scripts executable..

-Me funciona el LED y el boton de apagado. No estoy seguro de lo que he hecho...Pero no apaga ventilador, la raspberry sigue con corriente.

-I work the LED and the power button. I'm not sure what I've done... But it does not turn off the fan, the raspberry is still running.

try this one and use the same Restart_Button.sh and Shutdown_Button.sh from this post..see what happens..this is same script from nespi github page just edited a little bit to work with libreelec..

If none work tell us what you r doing step by step and we ll try to help..

remove the .txt from file

-No estoy seguro que hacer con ese archivo. He hecho tantas cosas sin saber cual es la buena o mala que no se porque funciona. ^^ :P

-I'm not sure what to do with that file. I've done so many things without knowing which is good or bad that I don't know why it works. ^^ :P

• The advice in #5 broke my libreelec installation.

DON'T DO THIS

Just connect via SSH and launch this Lakka script : GitHub - marcelonovaes/lakka_nespi_power: Lakka 2.1 + NESPi CASE + Shutdown buttons

Not only did it not work (power/reset buttons didn't respond), after the reboot the device (a Pi 4) would no longer boot.