Help please going crazy (more info inside)

• Ok here is the info of my setup.

I am using a S912 H96 pro + 3g ram 1g ethernet.

I am running all the version i have tried on a SD card.

This is the version of DTB tree i have used i tried all those on all the build of libreelec i tried.

So i used the DTB from here : https://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s912/8.2/device_trees/1gbit_ethernet/ :gxm_q200_3g.dtb

MEGA :gxm_q200_3g.dtb

So now i used the build found here: [8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

with this build i was able to play a few movies using the basic settings (4k 24refresh). Movied in 4k on a ssd connected to the box and other from smb shares. By a few i mean about 10 movies out of 50 i that i tried. the movies that did not work just crash the freeze the box and the box just ended up restarting.

so for that version this is all i was able to get.

I tried 2 version from [8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

The 8.2.4.1 from the main thread and the one with the sound fix on is upload site . That build i was not able to get single movie to work on that the box was freezing at every movie i was trowing even the one that work on the other build (8.2.2.3)

So for the last thing i tried using the build provided here: [8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

I also used the DTB that or on the image i tried all of them for fun and giggle.

The issue with this one is that no movies load over smb or ssd but the scan work and everything. When i click on a movie all i see is the circle appearing like it's searching but nothing a appends.

Sorry for the newbies info i kind of new to all this. If you need more via SSH i can get it just dont know what to look at i am so used to intel nuc not having any issue like this.

So looking for any kind of help

thanks in advance and sorry for the typos English is not my first language.

• It is very likely a faulty or very slow microSDHC card if all versions of LE freeze the device.

Sandisk Class 10 U1 SD cards never seem to have any problems.

Q. Does the device freeze with video playback when you use Android ?

If it does not then that rules out a broken H96 box.

Otherwise it is a possibility you have "fake" hardware and you will have to open up the device to see exactly what is inside.

• I can use the playback if i use kodi on the media box (os that came with it) doing some more test with the 8.2.2.3 i think the movies that made the box crash ad some extra files in the same folder like .srt, nfo or other removing them seem to make that version work. Tried the same thing on other build but they crash. So far the only build that seem to work somewhat right now is the 8.2.2.3.

Edited once, last by undeadraver (July 10, 2018 at 3:49 AM).

• I tried using that as describe in my original post and it doesn't work for me. When i click on a movie all i see is the circle appearing like it's searching but nothing a appends.

• Yeah sorry i posted that link, but after you do the install the next reboot it put you to 8.90.4 since the auto update feature is on by default. So you can i tried both.

I tried so many things that i lose track of what i tried, But i can safely say that on build 8.2.2.3 if the folder only as a movie file and nothing else the movie play. If it was anything else in it the box crash it doesn't mater what kind of files it just crash.