LG Android phone not recognized by LibreELEC

• Running KODI / Libreelec on a raspberry pi. Had previously ran raspian and KODI on the same pi, and phone was recognized with no problem. Libreelec does recognize every USB stick that I attach to the pi, so not sure what is going on. I have double checked the USB settings on the phone, and everything is as it should be. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Official Post

So you cannot connect your phone, are you connecting via USB?

My guess is that LE does not have MTP available so you'll need to use either airplay or uPnP/Dlna to play files.

Provide a log file and someone will have a look to see if something is going wrong.

• Yes, I am trying to connect via USB cable to the pi to transfer movies from the phone's SD card to a USB stick attached to the pi. I then access the movies using KODI. On my previous pi setup using raspian, it was very easy using the file manager. On the libreelec, not so much.

• If you want to transfer files from your phone to Libreelec you can do it wirelessly by using ES File Explorer on your phone...if you just want to play your media from your phone without transfering it use Music pump or Yatse