Controller not recognized.. Tried everything i can think of please help!

• So, I'm trying to get my Gamepad to work, This is the one I'm using:

https://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/d…-gamepad-p61887

It has a switch to choose between Xinput and Dinput, I've tried both. It works flawlessly on windows without drivers (Detected as an xbox 360 controller).

I'm running Libreelec 8.2.5 on my laptop. I can't configure the controller in the system settings, it won't respond to button presses.. Can anyone give me any pointers? Also, the Kodi log doesn't show anything about button presses. Thanks.

Update: I just tested

LibreELEC 9.0 Reborn Remix

And my controller WORKS! How come it doesn't work with the official libreelec?

Edited 3 times, last by psrkallez06 (July 5, 2018 at 12:31 PM).

• Official Post

I'm running a Logitech F710 which is very similar. I've found Xinput to be the better selection. You do realise that you have to "configure" the keys prior to using it. Thus you need a keyboard as well to select the controller Xbox 360 Kodi and then button A. Once that is started you need to configure all keys and toggles up/down/left/right etc. Once completed you should be able to use the controller.

• That's the Issue, it doesn't recognize my controller AT ALL. i can't press any key at all. I do have a keyboard and mouse, but when i "press A" it doesn't respond.

• I'd try upgrading to the latest release - you are quite a few commits behind. If still no joy, provide a log file, it might show up something.

I already have the latest version, just tried to do a clean install. The controller shows two LED lights (When it detects a connection/input it only shows one LED light). Like i said, it works fine with 5schatten version, everything is good out of the box and i can't understand why. Thanks.

Will provide logs soon.

• It would seem that the driver has not been incorporated into base LE 8. You best bet is to try Milhouse LE9 builds or stick with 5schaten builds. I depends what is the most important for you.

I see makes sense!

Well, what i want is Kodi, Moonlight, Emulator Station to work.(and my controller) That's pretty much it.

Atm 5schaten LE 9 = Everything works except Moonlight because of missing/newer version libraries.

LE 8 Remix = Everything works except Moonlight (Kodi crashes when launching Moonlight but it works from terminal)

Official LE 8 = Everything Works except my controller..

And for some reason Moonlight won't create a log so i can't really see what's wrong either. So yeah.

Update: Here is the kodi crashlog when launching moonlight from LE 8 unofficial. Can anyone tell me why it is crashing when i launch it? (like i said it works find from terminal/ssh)

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 6 times, last by psrkallez06 (July 6, 2018 at 7:46 AM).

• So, i have gotten everything to work except that the moonlight addon crashes, tried downgrading etc, same issue. Kodi, Retroarch, Controller works fine, only moonlight left. Can anyone check the log i posted above if you can see why? I would really appriciate it!

• Official Post

We have now removed moonlight from the LE9.0 add-on repo due to it being highly fragile and nobody on staff having the hardware to test it. We left the removal PR open for ~2 months hoping that a passionate user in the community would step-up and volunteer to maintain it, but nobody did, and we dropped the code a couple of weeks ago.