LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Hi I'm a new libreelec user on a macmini 2011 and installed on usb. For networking launching games I created a new nfs share on my nas named "roms" and recreated the same directory structure found in /storage/roms and then mounted the share directly over /storage/roms using systemd mount file. Pcsx2 dolphin ppsspp fba... All working. Also for san andreas on ps2 started in English but after a full iso boot the ps2 bios asked me language and date time settings and for subsequent starts it remembered the choices, I have only tested on san andreas though. I only noticed a strange behavior even with network mount disabled, every time I started pcsx2 yesterday I had to wait 20 mins for updating the docker container and I started it 4 times in the same day. It's like it doesn't remember the updates... Or is this the supposed behavior? Could be related to the fact that first of starting pcsx2 for the first time I manually pulled 5schatten pcsx2 docker container from terminal? I don't think this should be related... 5schatten thank you for this and keep up!

• Hi I'm a new libreelec user on a macmini 2011 and installed on usb. For networking launching games I created a new nfs share on my nas named "roms" and recreated the same directory structure found in /storage/roms and then mounted the share directly over /storage/roms using systemd mount file. Pcsx2 dolphin ppsspp fba... All working. Also for san andreas on ps2 started in English but after a full iso boot the ps2 bios asked me language and date time settings and for subsequent starts it remembered the choices, I have only tested on san andreas though. I only noticed a strange behavior even with network mount disabled, every time I started pcsx2 yesterday I had to wait 20 mins for updating the docker container and I started it 4 times in the same day. It's like it doesn't remember the updates... Or is this the supposed behavior? Could be related to the fact that first of starting pcsx2 for the first time I manually pulled 5schatten pcsx2 docker container from terminal? I don't think this should be related... 5schatten thank you for this and keep up!

I've updated the Docker images to find out what's wrong with Nvidia systems. So everytime I've rebuild the image the "latest" tag differed from your version & so Docker tried up update to a new build because right now the start script is only looking for 5schatten/arch-pcsx2:latest

This will be avoided in future releases by using a specific tag like "version-1.0.1" which allows me to update or change the dockerfiles without forcing updates for the enduser.

• Lisko Thanks for your help

Also for san andreas on ps2 started in English but after a full iso boot the ps2 bios asked me language and date time settings and for subsequent starts it remembered the choices, I have only tested on san andreas though.

Unfortunatelly this doesnt work for me. I already did this and just tried it a second time. However if I do a full iso boot it doesnt even ask me about the language and date time anymore. It directly boots into the settings I made. So everything is fine this way. However if I quit this game and then boot it via fast load its english again.. Maybe its game specific.

For networking launching games I created a new nfs share on my nas named "roms" and recreated the same directory structure found in /storage/roms and then mounted the share directly over /storage/roms using systemd mount file. Pcsx2 dolphin ppsspp fba... All working.

Sounds complicated, can you describe what you typed in? However I like my folder structure (games -> platforms -> roms, artworks, savegames), hope that I can keep it.

5schatten Isnt it possible to create a file inside the config folder from which the pcsx2 image reads the standard path and Langs folder?

• Kupo91

Well I guess your file permissions were improper set or something. I made some tests and never ran into any comparable problems.

If it comes to the game language you have ofc to use games that support multiple languages. Also you have to configure the PS2 bios properly too where you can change the language to German. PCSX2 itself won't change it's language because they're not included neither in LibreELEC nor the Docker Arch Linux image.

• 5schatten

Well I guess your file permissions were improper set or something. I made some tests and never ran into any comparable problems.

What file permissions? How should I have done this? I just made a fresh install. And what tests have you made? Launching a rom outside the standard path with or without symlink?

If it comes to the game language you have ofc to use games that support multiple languages. Also you have to configure the PS2 bios properly too where you can change the language to German. PCSX2 itself won't change it's language because they're not included neither in LibreELEC nor the Docker Arch Linux image.

The game has multi languages how else could I have boot it in german when I chose full boot.

I just booted the bios.. and it is set to german. I also tested a different game but same result. Full boot -> german, fast boot -> english.

Sorry if I understand you wrong but PCSX2 isnt included in LE too. You added it. And the Langs folder is usually stored in the pcsx2 config folder together with those ini files etc. If pcsx2 can read those ini files why shouldnt that work with the Langs folder too?

• What file permissions? How should I have done this? I just made a fresh install. And what tests have you made? Launching a rom outside the standard path with or without symlink?

Of your roms. Where do you have stored them and what filesystem did you use? Probably an external hard drive and you use it on Windows based systems too? Otherwise google for fstab and mount the partition to the game folder.

The game has multi languages how else could I have boot it in german when I chose full boot.

I just booted the bios.. and it is set to german. I also tested a different game but same result. Full boot -> german, fast boot -> english.

Sorry if I understand you wrong but PCSX2 isnt included in LE too. You added it. And the Langs folder is usually stored in the pcsx2 config folder together with those ini files etc. If pcsx2 can read those ini files why shouldnt that work with the Langs folder too?

I tried Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2, GoW2, GT4, MGS3 and I could change the language for all of them. Gran Turismo 4 for example created a user profile and the language was saved too. All config files for PCSX2 are readable & writeable so if you can change the language settings for games it will work. The user interface of PCSX2 has nothing to do with the games you actually run. It's just the frontend like in Citra or Dolphin.

Some games need the full boot otherwise there wouldn't exist the --fullboot option. So editing es_systems.cfg to

<command>/usr/bin/pcsx2.start --fullboot %ROM%</command> should do the trick.

• Build RR-20190326-8c1b004 is online

• fixed duplicated bluetooth devices in LibreELEC-settings
    • updated to latest LE 9.x
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 5.0.4 / RPi kernel to 5.0.3
    • updated LLVM to 8.0.0
    • updated nvidia driver to 418.56
    • updated xf86-video-amdgpu & ati to 19.0.1
    • updated Vulkan headers to 1.1.103
    • updated Skyscraper to v3.1.4
    • updated GameOS Pegasus theme -> now works with assets scraped for ES
    • dropped "common" Retroarch shaders -> only work with Cg which is not supported
    • added xkbcommon to Retroarch dependencies -> maybe fixes wrong keyboard layout
    • reworked PCSX2 start scripts & updated PCSX2 Docker image -> PCSX2 now pulls specific image versions and not the "latest"
    • fixed PCSX2 on Nvidia based systems -> should run on GPUs supported by driver 418.56 (GeForce 600 series & newer)
    • added libretro-snes9x to all builds -> might does not run all games (Super-FX) full speed on ARM devices but offers higher accuracy
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

If your sound output is missing on newer Intel systems then enter this in a terminal:

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" >>/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

This is basically a Kernel problem introduced by the new ASoC Platform Driver and needs to be resolved by further Kernel updates /shrug

• Of your roms. Where do you have stored them and what filesystem did you use? Probably an external hard drive and you use it on Windows based systems too?

Yes. All rom files are stored on a micro sd card (128gb), which is formated in ntfs. Originally I just bought if for my TV box/NUC running LibreElec but I'm using my main pc running Windows 10 to copy new roms to it.

I tried Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2, GoW2, GT4, MGS3 and I could change the language for all of them. Gran Turismo 4 for example created a user profile and the language was saved too. All config files for PCSX2 are readable & writeable so if you can change the language settings for games it will work.

Hm I just tested it on my windows pc and there its also set to english as long as I dont do a full boot. Maybe its just a bug in pcsx2. I have read a post from a few years ago where somebody wrote that some specific games have this issue. So for now I have to accept it how it is. Thank you anyway

• Yes. All rom files are stored on a micro sd card (128gb), which is formated in ntfs. Originally I just bought if for my TV box/NUC running LibreElec but I'm using my main pc running Windows 10 to copy new roms to it.

Maybe this is the reason why there are problems. I would mount the sd card to /storage/roms which is also a network share & push all files over ethernet on the HTPC.

Hm I just tested it on my windows pc and there its also set to english as long as I dont do a full boot. Maybe its just a bug in pcsx2. I have read a post from a few years ago where somebody wrote that some specific games have this issue. So for now I have to accept it how it is. Thank you anyway

Read again -> I've added a possible solution :S for example GoW starts now with german language too if I start PCSX2 with --fullboot

• Read again -> I've added a possible solution :S for example GoW starts now with german language too if I start PCSX2 with --fullboot

Ooh thank you, I will try that as soon as I fixed my other issue.

Maybe this is the reason why there are problems. I would mount the sd card to /storage/roms which is also a network share & push all files over ethernet on the HTPC.

So.. I just googled a bit and if I understand this right I have to enter my new mountpoint in fstab.. How am I doing this? If I just enter /etc/fstab into putty I get -sh: /etc/fstab: Permission denied as answer.

And if I got this opening I have to enter /media/SPIELE/Playstation\0402/Roms /storage/Roms/ps2 none bind 0 0 in a new line. Am I right?

• Ooh thank you, I will try that as soon as I fixed my other issue.

So.. I just googled a bit and if I understand this right I have to enter my new mountpoint in fstab.. How am I doing this? If I just enter /etc/fstab into putty I get -sh: /etc/fstab: Permission denied as answer.

And if I got this opening I have to enter /media/SPIELE/Playstation\0402/Roms /storage/Roms/ps2 none bind 0 0 in a new line. Am I right?

I guess the search function will help in that case. I'm pretty sure someone had the same problem long before. Also I would drop folder names with spaces if not needed /shrug

• Since you cant edit the fstab file in LE I obviously have to use the system.d method that Lisko already mentioned.

So I entered the /storage/.config/system.d folder and used tmp-emulation.mount as template. I changed the content to

Code
    [Mount]
    What=/var/media/SPIELE/PlayStation2/Roms
    Where=/storage/Roms/ps2

then saved the file as storage-roms-ps2.mount

and rebooted. However that doesnt work. Do I have to do anything else?

Edited once, last by Kupo91 (March 26, 2019 at 12:15 PM).

• Since you cant edit the fstab file in LE I obviously have to use the system.d method that Lisko already mentioned.

So I entered the /storage/.config/system.d folder and used tmp-emulation.mount as template. I changed the content to

Code
    [Mount]
    What=/var/media/SPIELE/PlayStation2/Roms
    Where=/storage/Roms/ps2

then saved the file as storage-roms-ps2.mount

and rebooted. However that doesnt work. Do I have to do anything else?

You can edit the fstab file but first you have to enable rw for this partition. But I would prefer the system.d variant. You have to run systemctl enable /storage/.config/system.d/xyz.mount and reboot to enable this mount

Also it should be /storage/roms/ps2 since Linux is case sensitive. Roms is not the same as roms

• You can edit the fstab file but first you have to enable rw for this partition. But I would prefer the system.d variant. You have to run systemctl enable /storage/.config/system.d/xyz.mount and reboot to enable this mount

Also it should be /storage/roms/ps2 since Linux is case sensitive. Roms is not the same as roms

Thank you :) But I got this from putty:

• Thank you :) But I got this from putty:

Because the [Unit] & [Install] section are missing. There is a README file in the system.d directory. Also there are plenty of how-to's available Mount Units › systemd › Wiki › ubuntuusers.de

• Code
    [Unit]
    Description= mount service
    Before=kodi.service

[Mount]

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

Put Unit and Install sections to your .mount and enable it using systemctl...

Edit: sorry 5schatten, we have posted nearly at the same time...