LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Basically this needs to be added

yes

did you run any benchmarks with these settings

I ran some benchmarks in past, not in LibreELEC tho. As I said this is really application dependent, means no sense to run 3rd party benchmarks. I haven't found any native kodi benchmarks, still trying to figure out the best way to test it. Probably also worth to test with Dolphin, haven't found how to do that but this article. :/

• Can you upload the latest img.gz in your google drive? There is just the version of march 5th.

I need it for a fresh install. I can't use the tar files for that, can I?

• Can you upload the latest img.gz in your google drive? There is just the version of march 5th.

I need it for a fresh install. I can't use the tar files for that, can I?

What's wrong with installing & updating afterwards?

I'm confused is bluez-tools included in this build? I have a shanwan P3 gamepad to try out and I can't get it to pair via LE settings. Not sure if this helps?

Everything should be included to connect bt controllers but those DS3 devices tend to be troublesome. I had 3 genue Sony DS3 controllers in the past but sold them because pairing them was always a mess and never worked flawless. Afaik you have to switch it to pairing mode first by connecting it through a cable to the system first.

HaLeXz
    I've added libxkbcommon as lakka did so maybe this will solve your incorrect keyboard layout.

• What's wrong with installing & updating afterwards?

Thats what I did now and I still get this stupid pcsx2 error. After the NUC7CJYH and the NUC7PJYH, the NUC8i3BEH is the third device I tested.

I flashed the latest RR build and did everything how its described in FAQ. Configured sound in kodi, configured sound in RR config (I set ALSA though, because Pulse doesnt work for me), installed docker from the LE repo, startet a ps2 game via ES, waited until the blackscreen disappeared and the first what I get in dolphin is this notification about the CDVD plugin. I googled so much and there are a lot of threads about this notification. However since it works if I start a game in pcsx2 and I only get this notification if I start a game via frontend none of those threads suit my issue.. Idk what to do next

• Thats what I did now and I still get this stupid pcsx2 error. After the NUC7CJYH and the NUC7PJYH, the NUC8i3BEH is the third device I tested.

I flashed the latest RR build and did everything how its described in FAQ. Configured sound in kodi, configured sound in RR config (I set ALSA though, because Pulse doesnt work for me), installed docker from the LE repo, startet a ps2 game via ES, waited until the blackscreen disappeared and the first what I get in dolphin is this notification about the CDVD plugin. I googled so much and there are a lot of threads about this notification. However since it works if I start a game in pcsx2 and I only get this notification if I start a game via frontend none of those threads suit my issue.. Idk what to do next

Are you sure it's CDVD & not GS or something? Have you tried to use different images? Anyway I have no clue what's wrong with your devices. I've double checked it today and installed Docker on my J3455-ITX & PCSX2 afterwards which ran GOW "fine" without any errors. Also it worked on my Thinkpad X220 :/

Anyway I'm currently updating the Docker images & try to resolve the Nvidia issues too so maybe there will be a solution but as long as I can't reproduce it I don't know what to do. /shrug

• Are you sure it's CDVD & not GS or something? Have you tried to use different images? Anyway I have no clue what's wrong with your devices. I've double checked it today and installed Docker on my J3455-ITX & PCSX2 afterwards which ran GOW "fine" without any errors. Also it worked on my Thinkpad X220 :/

Anyway I'm currently updating the Docker images & try to resolve the Nvidia issues too so maybe there will be a solution but as long as I can't reproduce it I don't know what to do. /shrug

Ye I understand this. However I attached a logfile that I've found maybe you could take a look of it.

Im sure that its CDVD and not GS and also tested different images.

Most of the threads about this error are about "use iso instead of plugin, then click iso selector" or "make sure that the iso is not in use, unmount it from virtual drive" and bla.

Here is something that might go into the right direction (its also about GS):

Pcsx2 on Ubuntu 11.10 64 bits. CDVD plugin failed

And here is something else interesting:

PCSX2 Commandline options --usecd & *.IsoFile don't override CDVD iso/Plugin selection. · Issue #1099 · PCSX2/pcsx2 · GitHub

• escalade

Any ideas? I've updated the Dockerfiles according to your changes & it builds fine now. I added mesa-demos to get some diagnostic tools -> I ran glxinfo on my Intel systems and it works fine but fails on my Nvidia based system. So I guess libglvnd doesn't work as it should. And ofc PCSX2 won't run as long as OpenGL completely fails. :/

• Well in the log file I found these lines

And afterwards you try to load

Code
    isoFile open ok: /media/SPIELE/PlayStation 2/Roms/Grandia II/Grandia II [E][SLES-50498].iso

So have you tried to place the ISO in the standard path /storage/roms/ps2 rename it to Grandia2.iso and ran the game?

• So have you tried to place the ISO in the standard path /storage/roms/ps2 rename it to Grandia2.iso and ran the game?

I just tried to test this but obviously I have a new issue u.u I cant launch pcsx2 anymore. Dont know what happened because I didnt touch pcsx2 in the last 24 hours. Yesterday I was busy with getting my dolphin games to run and testing some retroarch settings.

I just remember that before I went to bed I started my NUC for a last time to test something and shortly after starting it and trying to open RCB I suddenly got an error that I didnt know before. Something about window.home.xml or something like that and something about my controller I guess. The x-button of my controller didnt work anymore, but luckily my keyboard still worked and I was able to shutdown my pc. Today everything was fine but the last line from the logfile that I just created after trying to launch pcsx2 remembered me that issue.

WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1

Sorry I expericend some strange things since I installed LE on my new NUC. Yesterday the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility failed while loading cache and when I looked into my movie collection and selected a certain movie I got a black screen. I could solved this by removing the thumb folder and textures.db though. And then another time I suddenly got a white screen when I opened RCB.. strange things which I never had before

• I just left the room. It must have been like 20-30 minutes since I tried to launch pcsx2 and now there it is. The pcsx2 emulator on my screen. Things getting stranger and stranger..

Yesterday when I tried to get some dolphin games running I changed many settings but it seems nothing has changed. At some point I switched to a game that already ran almost fluent on my old NUCs. I turned on "Show FPS" and was curious how it would change if I increase the resolution. The result was nothing has changed. I had 25 FPS with native resolution and 25 FPS with 1080p. I was so confused. Then I switched back to the games that were so laggy before and suddenly they ran pretty good. And all I did was increasing the resolution. Suddenly I also had more FPS than before.

Im so confused what is happening there..

• Since pcsx2 is running again (was it just a docker update?), back to your question:

So have you tried to place the ISO in the standard path /storage/roms/ps2 rename it to Grandia2.iso and ran the game?

That just fixed it...!!! The name was okay but the rom path made it. Can I change this standard path somewhere?

btw sorry for spamming

• Since pcsx2 is running again (was it just a docker update?), back to your question:

That just fixed it...!!! The name was okay but the rom path made it. Can I change this standard path somewhere?

btw sorry for spamming

https://wiki.debian.org/symlink

BlaBla1973  scottns  escalade

well I figured it out -> if you want to use the Nvidia driver in a Docker image it has to match the version installed at LibreELEC. So if LibreELEC uses 410.104 then the Docker image has to use the same version which is basically impossible because Arch does not use this specific version.

The last 418.xx version was broken so hopefully 418.56 works fine if it comes to audio.

• Thank you that has been my plan b. Just thought that I can also change the rom path in a certain file or so. But thats okay too.

Another question that I have is can I change the language in pcsx2? Because multi language games always start in english. In language options there is only english available. The PCSX2_ui.ini file says that the Langs folder is in /usr/bin/Langs. So i wanted to take a look but putty says there is no such directory. Then I copied the Langs folder of my pcsx2 win version into the pcsx2 config folder and changed the path in the ini file. However if I start pcsx2 it automatically changes the path back to /usr/bin/Langs again xD

• Thank you that has been my plan b. Just thought that I can also change the rom path in a certain file or so. But thats okay too.

Another question that I have is can I change the language in pcsx2? Because multi language games always start in english. In language options there is only english available. The PCSX2_ui.ini file says that the Langs folder is in /usr/bin/Langs. So i wanted to take a look but putty says there is no such directory. Then I copied the Langs folder of my pcsx2 win version into the pcsx2 config folder and changed the path in the ini file. However if I start pcsx2 it automatically changes the path back to /usr/bin/Langs again xD

You can't. PCSX2 runs in a read only image and the only thing you can change is the config files in the PCSX2 config dir. But if there is a game that supports multiple languages it asks you once you start it. GOW2 for example let's me chose the language.

• Using a symlink doesnt work Q.Q my link must be correct because both ES and RCB show me the games in their lists. However launching them ends in the error message.

This is my original path:

/var/media/SPIELE/PlayStation 2/Roms

That was my symlink:

ln -s /var/media/SPIELE/'PlayStation 2'/Roms /storage/roms/ps2

And thats what my rom path in my config files of ES and RCB looks like:

/storage/roms/ps2/Roms

Strange that GOW2 asks you what language to use. If I launch NfS MW it only asks me if I do a "Boot ISO full". However starting it via frontend it seems to use "Boot ISO fast" where I dont get this question.