LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• 1. Well I guess you've altered the kernel command line? Can you write down a brief summary what steps it takes to make it run & I'll add it to FAQ section. I guess there's reason why AMD does not use the AMDGPU driver at default for these cards so maybe not all work out of the box.

1. make the flash partition writable:

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

2. edit /flash/syslinux.cfg, find the line starting with "APPEND boot=" and add to it radeon.si_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 kernel command-line switches for GCN 1.0 GPUs or radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.cik_support=1 for GCN 1.1 GPUs.

3. save and reboot

I can add the .chd file format but my es_systems is just a suggestion and everyone can change it according to their needs.

I never tried video previews in ES or Pegasus because IMHO it's just a space consuming gimmick but if it's broken I need a log file.

Just a segfault or something interesting in the logs? As I said I never used it at all and have no clue how to set up CEC :D

for es_sytems I agree with you but it's cool to have good and complete default options.

I'll put a log later for pegasus!

• Thx well it doesn't hurt to add the file formats so I'll update es_systems then. I've read a bit about video scraping and after some hours of trial and error it works fine with Universal XML Scraper & ES and of course it does not work with Pegasus but I have already a log & will see whats wrong wiht it.

Probably some missing decoder lib or else... niabi any hints?

Code
    [93m[w] Warning: "No decoder available for type 'video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)avc, alignment=(string)au, level=(string)3.1, profile=(string)high, codec_data=(buffer)0164001fffe100186764001fac56240a03db011000003e90001d4c00f183189801000668e88e132c8b, width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)60000/1001, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1'."

EDIT:

had to fix gst-libav & works now for Pegasus /shrug

• Build RC3 201851-1acbb17 is online

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated Generic/RPi kernel to 4.19.12
    • updated to Kodi 18 RC3
    • pegasus-frontend: added fbdev geometry for Amlogic
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • updated vulkan tools to 1.1.96
  • hey great but video preview still doesn't works for me in Pegasus (log included :p )

Because these builds don't include the fix. It takes a while to create new images for all targets, Uploading a build that includes Kodi 18 RC3 had priotrity for me.

• oh ok! I have a question about that, why do you still create .tar images? since img.gz can be used for both new installs and updates, it seems redundant

The buildsystem creates both anyway & in some cases img.gz files won't work for updates (some stuff e.g. for Wetek) also .tar might updates faster cause it's not "heavily" compressed like the .img.gz file.

• 5schatten there is another issue with Pegasus, when you play a game and exit the emulator back to Pegasus, the UI goes back to the first game of the first system and not to the game you have just played like with ES.

• 5schatten there is another issue with Pegasus, when you play a game and exit the emulator back to Pegasus, the UI goes back to the first game of the first system and not to the game you have just played like with ES.

Well it's an Alpha10 something build... Releases · mmatyas/pegasus-frontend · GitHub so expect some quirks & bugs.

Edit:

Announcing Pegasus Frontend - RetroPie Forum

Feel free to contribute ;) I'll revert to the suggested git commit which also keeps compatibility to gameOS & the ES2 theme.

Edit2:

Looks like kernel 4.20 fixed whatever was broken in kernel 4.19 & docker exits PCSX2 again. So it should be possible to run PS2 games again without rebooting the system afterwards.

• Thx well it doesn't hurt to add the file formats so I'll update es_systems then. I've read a bit about video scraping and after some hours of trial and error it works fine with Universal XML Scraper & ES and of course it does not work with Pegasus but I have already a log & will see whats wrong wiht it.

Probably some missing decoder lib or else... niabi any hints?

Its definitely missing libs, I had to do compile gstreamer with gst-libav gst-plugins-base and gst-plugins-good to be able to view videos on Pegasus.

alto they are a bit old this is the whole package I used for Pegasus.

https://github.com/shantigilbert/coreelec/tree/sx05re/packages/sx05re/pegasus-frontend

• Its definitely missing libs, I had to do compile gstreamer with gst-libav gst-plugins-base and gst-plugins-good to be able to view videos on Pegasus.

alto they are a bit old this is the whole package I used for Pegasus.

https://github.com/shantigilbert/coreelec/tree/sx05re/packages/sx05re/pegasus-frontend

I fixed this and now the video previews work fine in Pegasus but looks like the preview is broken for ES & RPi... I've got sound output but it stutters & no video at all. Any thoughts about that?

• I fixed this and now the video previews work fine in Pegasus but looks like the preview is broken for ES & RPi... I've got sound output but it stutters & no video at all. Any thoughts about that?

Unfortunately no :( I've never used RPI with LE :(

• Hi,

First thing, thank you for this release, it is really great to have an all in one media center with retrogaming.

Well, i dont' know if its due to the RR release but i'm facing some issues with the Blutooth. I'm runing on a RPI3B+ and i was using on the bluetooth 3 devices: Logitech Harmony, and 2 PS3 BT gamepads, and all was working fine (pairing ok, mapping ok, all was fine).

I have also in my room a RPI3 with the same release, and last week I paired 1 gamepad to this one in order to play in my room.

Since that, I'm unable to repair it again on the first RPI, I already tried to pair, disable/enable blutooth, stop/start bluetooth service from putty, tried unpairing from the 2nd RPI / power off this 2nd RPI, and I tried to "Delete" the PS3 gamped entrie on the devices list, since what i'm now unable to find it again, I tried also to reset the gamepad, and nothing is working.

Any idea?

• Unfortunately no :( I've never used RPI with LE :(

Well it works for my Vim but I guess it's a VLC mmal hardware acceleration problem. /shrug

EDIT:

niabi what's the purpose of this? I figured out there was no video output for RPi because the plugins haven't been updated because they were located in ~/.config/vlc/plugins so why do you move them?

package.mk#l175

• Well it works for my Vim but I guess it's a VLC mmal hardware acceleration problem. /shrug

EDIT:

niabi what's the purpose of this? I figured out there was no video output for RPi because the plugins haven't been updated because they were located in ~/.config/vlc/plugins so why do you move them?

package.mk#l175

When I first started this build the only one that was doing anything similar to what I wanted was AlexELEC, so I borrowed a lot of the code from it, that package was one of them, so I honestly have no idea whats the purpose of that line. I had to change a few things on VLC to make everything work for me, but I never changed that line, since well...it worked for my S905. I guess you could use a conditional statement to remove it for the RBPI or if it doesn't break anything on the other systems just remove it all-together.

• When I first started this build the only one that was doing anything similar to what I wanted was AlexELEC, so I borrowed a lot of the code from it, that package was one of them, so I honestly have no idea whats the purpose of that line. I had to change a few things on VLC to make everything work for me, but I never changed that line, since well...it worked for my S905. I guess you could use a conditional statement to remove it for the RBPI or if it doesn't break anything on the other systems just remove it all-together.

Fair enough... so I used escalades package, who used your package and finally you used AlexELEC as base :D

Another point is --disable-lua \ because if lua is disabled why do we need it for ARM? My approach was quite the same... I needed a VLC package & ES builds fine with it but since bigboo stumbled uppon non working video previews I try to make things "right" ^^

I guess I drop the whole move plugins stuff because this only makes sense for dev purposes IMHO... so if a plugin is missing or does not work you can easily upload it without rebuilding the whole image.

The video preview works now with this patch set Enable MMAL support · RPi-Distro/vlc@8ba628d · GitHub and VLC 3.0.3 but since 3.0.5 was released today I'll give it a try.

• Fair enough... so I used escalades package, who used your package and finally you used AlexELEC as base :D

Another point is --disable-lua \ because if lua is disabled why do we need it for ARM? My approach was quite the same... I needed a VLC package & ES builds fine with it but since bigboo stumbled uppon non working video previews I try to make things "right" ^^

I guess I drop the whole move plugins stuff because this only makes sense for dev purposes IMHO... so if a plugin is missing or does not work you can easily upload it without rebuilding the whole image.

The video preview works now with this patch set Enable MMAL support · RPi-Distro/vlc@8ba628d · GitHub and VLC 3.0.3 but since 3.0.5 was released today I'll give it a try.

I don't think we need lua at all for ARM, that was one of the things I was trying to get rid of but I forgot to finish it xD

do you know if that patch breaks anything for AML?