LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• 5schatten

Is it possible to configure an Remote or the Kodi Keymap to Navigate in Emulationstation?

Emulationstation uses SDL2 to detect inputs devices. If you want to play games you still need a controller so what is the purpose of browsing ES with a remote?

Well i have a pretty decent system wich can handle it. Space is not a problem because i linked the storage\roms folder to a NAS share. But i will play around with it and try to add it myself.

Adding a package is not the problem but I can't test it with my Intel IPG /shrug I also use NFS shares to access my stuff but anyway I hardly doubt this early version will work great :/

• Well basically ES can support CEC more or less out of the box by libcec v2.7.6RP installs without CEC support · Issue #508 · RetroPie/EmulationStation · GitHub so I can remove a patch that skipped libcec linking but I have no clue if it will work and still I don't know what's the benefit of it in the actual use case /shrug

• Well basically ES can support CEC more or less out of the box by libcec v2.7.6RP installs without CEC support · Issue #508 · RetroPie/EmulationStation · GitHub so I can remove a patch that skipped libcec linking but I have no clue if it will work and still I don't know what's the benefit of it in the actual use case /shrug

If its to be used on a S905, ES gives problems when using CEC, the program will segfault when it returns from a game, at least this was when I tried it a few months back, I had to remove CEC support for my build when this happened. And my 2 cents, I also do not see the benefit from using CEC with ES /shrug.

• If its to be used on a S905, ES gives problems when using CEC, the program will segfault when it returns from a game, at least this was when I tried it a few months back, I had to remove CEC support for my build when this happened. And my 2 cents, I also do not see the benefit from using CEC with ES /shrug.

I understand the motivation for Retropie since ES is basically your gui and if you just want to watch a movie it can be annoying to get a controller / keyboard everytime you want to switch to Kodi. But since in my build Kodi is controllable by remote & IMHO if I want to play a game I connect a gamepad anyway so I don't really understand the actual usecase.

So I've checked your libcec version and it's 4.x too but still an quite old version compared to the recent LE 9 one. I never really used cec so how can I trigger the error? Is it enough to run ES with enabled cec on a tv with cec support?

• I understand the motivation for Retropie since ES is basically your gui and if you just want to watch a movie it can be annoying to get a controller / keyboard everytime you want to switch to Kodi. But since in my build Kodi is controllable by remote & IMHO if I want to play a game I connect a gamepad anyway so I don't really understand the actual usecase.

So I've checked your libcec version and it's 4.x too but still an quite old version compared to the recent LE 9 one. I never really used cec so how can I trigger the error? Is it enough to run ES with enabled cec on a tv with cec support?

Yeah that makes sense for Retropie.

On my 2 TVs (one that doesn't even have CEC) ES just crashes after exiting with CEC enabled, since I run it as a service it will just restart, but if I run it from the command line I can see it segfaults. But as I mentioned not sure if this was fixed recently or not as I had no use for it and haven't tried since then.

Edited 2 times, last by niabi (December 19, 2018 at 9:43 PM).

• Yeah that makes sense for Retropie.

On my 2 TVs (one that doesn't even have CEC) ES just crashes after exiting with CEC enabled, since I run it as a service it will just restart, but if I run it from the command line I can see it segfaults. But as I mentioned not sure if this was fixed recently or not as I had no use for it and haven't tried since then.

Shouldn't matter how you start them because I use Kodi to launch a python script that basically tells systemd to run a (ba)sh script that grabs profile.d stuff to set env vars and then runs the binary... so all in all it's more or less the same result but a different approach.

I never tried one of your builds but had a look into them when I pieced together qt for the arm builds. Do you have any "documentation" or something where I can get some information? Since I need more qt modules for dolphin and citra I can't get rid of many of them but it would be nice to get rid of the printer stuff for example. Even if no-cups & stuff is set I still have this one in my sysroot /shrug

• Unfortunately I don't, I had to do so much trial and error to get QT everywhere to work for Pegasus I think I had a few nightmares. But I did get help here Qt Development | Qt Forum

Well I'm well aware of the struggle to get pegasus up and running. Since the developer only refers to some general distro packages it's hard to find out what exactly is needed and also the static linked binary did not help me to get all libs, plugins & qml files together. I recompiled qt countless times until everything worked... also gstreamer is quite *!&$%§! since it's meson build is quite nice but does not work well if it comes to detect all include files.

So I guess I will have to enter the QT Forum and ask for some advises how to minimize the amount of libs.

• Well I'm well aware of the struggle to get pegasus up and running. Since the developer only refers to some general distro packages it's hard to find out what exactly is needed and also the static linked binary did not help me to get all libs, plugins & qml files together. I recompiled qt countless times until everything worked... also gstreamer is quite *!&$%§! since it's meson build is quite nice but does not work well if it comes to detect all include files.

So I guess I will have to enter the QT Forum and ask for some advises how to minimize the amount of libs.

I am glad I am not the only one struggling with the static linking for QT! I must have compiled QT about 100 times, with a crappy laptop that took around 20 minutes to compile :(

wish I could help more, sorry

• I am glad I am not the only one struggling with the static linking for QT! I must have compiled QT about 100 times, with a crappy laptop that took around 20 minutes to compile :(

wish I could help more, sorry

No problem it works for all targets but it would save some time and space if I could properly skip them :D

EDIT:

Well looks like libcec works for me... tested ES on my Vim and it started and ran games.

• No problem it works for all targets but it would save some time and space if I could properly skip them :D

EDIT:

Well looks like libcec works for me... tested ES on my Vim and it started and ran games.

Cool maybe they fixed it. I am compiling your latest and I will test it on my box :)

• Thank you for this. I have a 64bit PC. Coming from Lakka - how do the emulators perform while in LibreELEC - do they run simultaneously and you can just shut them when needed and still be within LibreELEC? I see the RetroPlayer looks is gaining traction with a lot of these Remix features - weighing the options :). Is there N64 support and such yet OpenGL or?

Another note, can anyone confirm with a 64bit PC that the Chrome browser (or if another browser is out there) will allow me to view any website I go to.. stream YouTube, any embedded flash stream websites, Netflix, etc?

For instance, I watch sports through espn.com and they have an embedded web player - can I presume that everything will play through Chrome just as on a regular PC windows OS - or does this Chrome on LibreELEC have limitations with plugins, flash players, etc?

Open to other suggestions to browse the web through LibreELEC if they are out there besides Chrome.

Thank you

Edited once, last by mrc00l88 (December 22, 2018 at 5:40 PM).

• 5schatten

I just tested amdgpu instead of radeon driver on my Radeon r9 270x and it's MUCH better, I think you should enable it by default for GCN 1.0 and 1.1 cards:

1. Vulkan now works!

2. KMS works!

3. no more error message when booting Dolphin (using Vulkan, GL still have the problem)

but I still have the problem of bad HDMI sound output :(

And a new problem: when loading a game in Dolphin, my gamepad is not working, like it's not mapped to the GC controller, instead the analog stick is mapped to a mouse cursor that I can move onscreen but it does nothing.

and one last suggestion: you should add .chd format for Saturn and PSX in es_systems for x86-64 build, they are supporterd by beetle cores

EDIT:just tried pegasus, video preview is not working here

Edited 3 times, last by bigboo (December 23, 2018 at 7:55 AM).

• 5schatten and anyone else :)

I want to load the Dolphin, ParallelN64 and Reicast cores that are missing from RetroPlayer in LibreELEC beta 9 versions. I have a 64bit PC, so don't have any hardware limitations.

Is this Lakka process the same for compiling cores into LibreELEC? http://www.lakka.tv/doc/packaging-a-libretro-core-for-lakka/

Can someone help translate this into working with RetroPlayer?

The cores are GitHub - libretro/parallel-n64: Optimized/rewritten Nintendo 64 emulator made specifically for Libretro. Originally based on Mupen64 Plus. GitHub - libretro/reicast-emulator: Reicast is a multiplatform Sega Dreamcast emulator GitHub - libretro/dolphin: Dolphin is a GameCube / Wii emulator, allowing you to play games for these two platforms on PC with improvements.

• Pull the latest commits since I forgot to set the framebuffer vars in the start script

I tried it and it worked most of the times, but 1 out of 10 times it crashed back to Kodi, but this might also be on my side not sure if its my box+tv combo are the best for this tests, but at least is not all the times like it was before.

• 5schatten and anyone else :)

I want to load the Dolphin, ParallelN64 and Reicast cores that are missing from RetroPlayer in LibreELEC beta 9 versions. I have a 64bit PC, so don't have any hardware limitations.

Is this Lakka process the same for compiling cores into LibreELEC? http://www.lakka.tv/doc/packaging-a-libretro-core-for-lakka/

Can someone help translate this into working with RetroPlayer?

The cores are GitHub - libretro/parallel-n64: Optimized/rewritten Nintendo 64 emulator made specifically for Libretro. Originally based on Mupen64 Plus. GitHub - libretro/reicast-emulator: Reicast is a multiplatform Sega Dreamcast emulator GitHub - libretro/dolphin: Dolphin is a GameCube / Wii emulator, allowing you to play games for these two platforms on PC with improvements.

Well this is not a Retrplayer support thread as stated in the first post which you probably haven't read. I have no clue if OpenGL is finally supported and libretro-Dolphin is basically a "nice to have" but not a real competitor for standalone Dolphin. If you need Kodi game addons check out this Kodi game-related extensions · GitHub fork it & have fun creating new packages that probably won't run nor anybody uses since I'm curious how Kodi will handle a Wiimote.

About Chrome well it's the stock browser so I have guess all webplayers should run.

Well I guess you've altered the kernel command line? Can you write down a brief summary what steps it takes to make it run & I'll add it to FAQ section. I guess there's reason why AMD does not use the AMDGPU driver at default for these cards so maybe not all work out of the box.

If Dolphin runs fine with the Vulkan backend I wouldn't care about OpenGL at all. Also it's either a Mesa 3D or Dolphin bug so nothing I concern about /shrug

Since it's still kernel 4.19.x there won't be any changes regarding the AMD audio driver... maybe it's included in 4.20/4.21 but who knows :/

Your gamepads are not autoconfigured so you have to set them up at first. I can add the .chd file format but my es_systems is just a suggestion and everyone can change it according to their needs.

I never tried video previews in ES or Pegasus because IMHO it's just a space consuming gimmick but if it's broken I need a log file.

I tried it and it worked most of the times, but 1 out of 10 times it crashed back to Kodi, but this might also be on my side not sure if its my box+tv combo are the best for this tests, but at least is not all the times like it was before.

Just a segfault or something interesting in the logs? As I said I never used it at all and have no clue how to set up CEC :D