LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Hello, I just installed the latest available build from google drive (4.19 kernel - "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-RR-201848-acf6c02-RC1.img.gz")

Note that this is my first time trying out this fork.

Two things I notice right out the bat:

* I can't exit spotify after launching it, it doesn't have any title bar. I've tried esc/altf4/ctrl-alt-backspace along with my media keyboard's android-like back/home/tasklist

* No sound whatsoever (yes everything is plugged, no it's not muted through kodi, haven't checked alsamixer yet but libreelec 8.9 worked out of the box)

Edit:

Code
    XPC:~ # speaker-test

speaker-test 1.1.7

Playback device is default
    Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
    Using 16 octaves of pink noise
    ALSA lib /home/supervisedthinking/le90-rr/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.7/src/pcm/pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM     
    Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

Edited once, last by xaviergmail (December 1, 2018 at 4:11 AM).

• Thank you very much for such a great build. I have some clone Chinese PS3 controllers that won't connect by bluetooth. After trying over and over, one of them might connect but it is impossible to connect 2 of them like genuine Sony controllers (I also have a couple from my old PS3 but am using them on another box). The only information I can seem to find on other systems is Retropie, OpenEMU, and a couple more:

SHANWAN / PS3 CONTROLLER Pi3 RETROPIE 3.6 BLUETOOTH SETUP - RetroPie Forum

Chinese knockoff dualshock 3 no wireless recognition over bluetooth · Issue #1041 · OpenEmu/OpenEmu · GitHub

Add shanwan PS3 Clone controllers support · Issue #28 · neilmunday/pes · GitHub

LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify (read the first post before posting)

When wired they work fine. would you have any ideas on how to get them working on bluetooth?

The controller shows as SHANWAN_PS3_GamePad when plugged to USB. When on bluetooth they sometimes shows as a normal Playstation(R)3 Controller and other times shows as PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller-PANHAI.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• If it does not work with LE 9 Alpha builds it won't work with mine also state the exact hardware (cpu / mainboard) configuration otherwise nobody can help you.

Hmm.. but I hade an earlier version work, from Early october until.. well.. the day before yesterday

Mainboard: MSI FM2-A75IA-E53

CPU: AMD A4 5300 3,4 GHz FM2

• From my past experience I can only say that I had mediocre ones with genuie PS3 ones. The SHANWAN stuff should work if you follow these steps but I can't say if they will be able to connect to bt as a group.

Got the SHANWAN controller working like this:

Insert the bt-dongle, fire the retropi up.

Update all packages

1. remove sixad installation from gui
    2. sudo apt-get update
    3. sudo apt-get bluez-tools (at least CSR 4.0 wasn't fully recognized without it)
    4. sudo hciconfig hci0 up (at least CSR 4.0 required this)
    5. reboot
    6. install the ps3contoller from the GUI (extras)
    7. install/config the SHANWAN controller (third option)
    8. Pair the controller by plugging it in via usb-cable for few seconds (it rumbles). Press the p3-button
    9. remove the usb cable and press the p3 button. It takes few moments while all the leds blink and then only the 1st led should be lit.
    10. configure the input using the gui.

If it still does not work, buy CSR 4.0 -bluetooth adapter. Then it's guranteed to work.

Hmm.. but I hade an earlier version work, from Early october until.. well.. the day before yesterday

Mainboard: MSI FM2-A75IA-E53

CPU: AMD A4 5300 3,4 GHz FM2

As I said this is most likely a kernel related problem and should be solved by upstream code. I reached out to some LE devs if they have any suggestions. Anyway I would create a new ticket Ticketsystem - LibreELEC Forum & a dedicated thread in the support forum General Support because it's LE9 related and not limited to this build.

I'm pretty sure you did not read the FAQ :rolleyes: anyway disable ALSA autoconfig in \\your_device\configfiles\rr-config\advanced.conf then get your devices by entering aplay -L and update the asound.conf

• Since it is some Node.js stuff chances are pretty low. And to be honest I have no clue if Retroarch or SDL2 will detect this even if I would add a complete node Server. And all in all...why? I mean the gaming experience with touchscreens is inferior even to the cheapest real gamepads many old console or arcade games need a quite precise in

Got it. And about Steam, have it some chance to be added? I'd like to use games streaming but i dont have a geforce gpu to use moonlight. ;(

• I just tried rc1 build on a pc with i5 3570 and amd r9 280 gpu:

I still have some issues:

1. the amd gpu hdmi audio driver is still buggy (bad sound)

2. so I used the intel motherboard anolog out, it works in kodi but the autoconfig asound.conf was not working, I changed it manualy

bad autoconfing asound.conf:

good manual asound.conf (with the aplay-L uploaded here)

3. KMS mode is still not working (not a big issue since it is off by default)

4. VULKAN is not working in RA

5. I still have the issue in dolphin about "failed to create shared context for shader compiling"

EDIT : added logs

• Derpaphobia

Well one of the LE devs uses an AMD A4 5300 as NFS file server & send me these pictures:

hyhumwc.jpg

moftiwx.jpg

So double check your configuration/BIOS/UEFI because it works on other devices /shrug

Got it. And about Steam, have it some chance to be added? I'd like to use games streaming but i dont have a geforce gpu to use moonlight. ;(

Since Docker does not work / hangs at exit since kernel 4.19 it would be useless anyway.

1. Well it's Linux Kernel / AMD driver stuff...

2. The autoconfig approach only works with basic audio setups & kodi does not list all devices the same way as it would be suitable. I only added it for lazy dudes that have no intentions to read the FAQ so if you use a somewhat special audio setting you still have to set it manually.

3. I've disabled KMS at default because from my past experience it looks like it only works with Intel stuff flawless.

4. Does RA start? Because Vulkan in RA is somewhat useless for most emulators because only few support it

5. No clue about Dolphin /shrug but you're not alone with this Reccomended video card upgrade

The thing is it's hard to figure out what's wrong with the AMD stuff because on the one hand other gaming builds like lakka don't even bother to build Vulkan drivers. I can howver try to set DRI3 as default in the xorg-radeon.conf file because without DRI3 I had problems with my Intel IGP too.

So bascially I revert this stuff xf86-video-ati: use DRI2 and EXA by default but allow DRI3 and glamor · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@f1d35b7 · GitHub and set it to the same config escalade uses LibreELEC.tv/xorg-radeon.conf at le82 · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub but might break stuff for pre CGN card users Radeon X.Org Driver Now Only Uses DRI3 By Default With GLAMOR - Phoronix

Can you create a file called xorg.conf in your configfiles root folder (where asound.conf is located) with this content:

Code
    Section "Device"
            Identifier  "AMD Graphics"
            Driver      "radeon"
            Option      "DRI3"        "1"
            Option      "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    Endsection

And report if this changes anything?

• @5schatten Hm.. Can't see the pictures, however I have tried installing some older versions of libreelec and those are not working either... I'm thinking that the install I did in october worked because I already had installed Linux Mint in some wonky way (did need nomodeset on here too, and maybe some other fix?) hmm.. Guess the answer might be somewhere in trying to install Mint with the same issue.
    It's probably got something to do with the motherboard from MSI

• i'll try after updating to RC1 (just woke up abruptly to my Youtube playlist terminating as im a type that needs something besides just static white noise to sleep to, )but after trying to leave it to netflix and noticing videos would not play (plugin logs in but just fails to start). a few things always comes to mind since this was working before, "i've gone and forgotten to be sure there money on the prepaid card for billing" (this usally either breaks login or videos refuse to play) "Internet Derp" (my AiO Gateway at times seems to hate my Pi3B+ and after many days in arow of being connected, just throws it offline, a restart fixes this problem) and "Plugin's Broken" (i havent seen an update to netflix in awhile to break it that Demands an update directly to restore playback)

sofar only one person on the Plugin thread has reported Pi issues of the same whiel others have no issues. 5schatten only log i have that looks like it has relevant data is "KODI.log" (sorry alot of CEC Adapter error is inflating the log and i need to disable that so that stops. as i connect this Pi3B+ over analog as its in a room w/ mostly non HDMI Systems and only has a CRT tv, so i had to compress the log to a zip, despite its under 2mb the log kept failing to attach :/ )

• @5schatten Hm.. Can't see the pictures, however I have tried installing some older versions of libreelec and those are not working either... I'm thinking that the install I did in october worked because I already had installed Linux Mint in some wonky way (did need nomodeset on here too, and maybe some other fix?) hmm.. Guess the answer might be somewhere in trying to install Mint with the same issue.
    It's probably got something to do with the motherboard from MSI

A4-5300 1/2/2 3,4 (3,6) GHz 1 × 1 MB N/A N/A HD 7480D 128 32x4D 8 8 724 (N/A) MHz 65 W ✔ Ja FM2 Q3/2012 (OEM) 1600 MHz Trinity

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/amd_fusion#modelle_f%c3%bcr_den_desktop_2

Northern Islands = ARUBA (Trinity/Richland), BARTS, TURKS, CAICOS, CAYMAN

https://www.x.org/wiki/radeonfeature/

So the kernel driver should fully support the APU -> do you use tha latest BIOS/UEFI for your mainboard?

i'll try after updating to RC1 (just woke up abruptly to my Youtube playlist terminating as im a type that needs something besides just static white noise to sleep to, )but after trying to leave it to netflix and noticing videos would not play (plugin logs in but just fails to start). a few things always comes to mind since this was working before, "i've gone and forgotten to be sure there money on the prepaid card for billing" (this usally either breaks login or videos refuse to play) "Internet Derp" (my AiO Gateway at times seems to hate my Pi3B+ and after many days in arow of being connected, just throws it offline, a restart fixes this problem) and "Plugin's Broken" (i havent seen an update to netflix in awhile to break it that Demands an update directly to restore playback)

sofar only one person on the Plugin thread has reported Pi issues of the same whiel others have no issues. 5schatten only log i have that looks like it has relevant data is "KODI.log" (sorry alot of CEC Adapter error is inflating the log and i need to disable that so that stops. as i connect this Pi3B+ over analog as its in a room w/ mostly non HDMI Systems and only has a CRT tv, so i had to compress the log to a zip, despite its under 2mb the log kept failing to attach :/ )

Inputstream adaptive error Permanent failure

Video playback is not working in 0.13.18 · Issue #555 · asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix · GitHub

so either you wait for the repo or grab the latest version yourself & install it manually /shrug

• 5schatten

4. Does RA start? Because Vulkan in RA is somewhat useless for most emulators because only few support it

no it doesn't start at all, back to ES immediatly

Well... it seems it was already a suggestion you made to me before because in fact I already created this file with these options, so it seems it doesn't change anything...

• Video playback is not working in 0.13.18 · Issue #555 · asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix · GitHub

so either you wait for the repo or grab the latest version yourself & install it manually /shrug

i didnt even see it was put up as a listed issue on the github! thanks:thumbup:

however separate matter im going to guess RC1 is going to be the first one for the Pi where we're going to need to resize the boot partition to 512MB? as its the first time updating for a Pi target its given me the 512MB warning.

• 5schatten

no it doesn't start at all, back to ES immediatly

Well... it seems it was already a suggestion you made to me before because in fact I already created this file with these options, so it seems it doesn't change anything...

Hmmm okay I could solve the Nvidia issues cause I still got one of these cards in one of my systems but AMD is basically out of my reach so for now OpenGL is probably the only option. Is Dolphin completely unusable for you? Or can you at least start it and select the Vulkan backend?

i didnt even see it was put up as a listed issue on the github! thanks:thumbup:

however separate matter im going to guess RC1 is going to be the first one for the Pi where we're going to need to resize the boot partition to 512MB? as its the first time updating for a Pi target its given me the 512MB warning.

Well I guess because PPSSPP standalone takes his fair share. Anyway using the old 512MB partition was never something I supported officially /shrug

• Hmmm okay I could solve the Nvidia issues cause I still got one of these cards in one of my systems but AMD is basically out of my reach so for now OpenGL is probably the only option. Is Dolphin completely unusable for you? Or can you at least start it and select the Vulkan backend?

For dolphin the error message is not blocking, the game starts fine after this with opengl. But it is not very intuitive since you need to use a mouse to click 2 times on the ok button to pass the error message.

• anyway disable ALSA autoconfig

I figured it would work out of the box seeing as LibreELEC 8.9 did. After disabling autoconfig and re-editing asound.conf, retroarch games have sound (albeit very glitchy as if sample rate was wrong or something can't keep up) and kodi still has no sound.

What about a way of exiting spotify?

Thank you

• I figured it would work out of the box seeing as LibreELEC 8.9 did. After disabling autoconfig and re-editing asound.conf, retroarch games have sound (albeit very glitchy as if sample rate was wrong or something can't keep up) and kodi still has no sound.

The autoconfiguration can only work if you've set the correct output device in Kodi before. How should any programm know out of the box which output you'll use? It can gather a summary of all devices but if you use your HDMI or IEC958 or audio jack... there's a reason why you still have to set this first.

What about a way of exiting spotify?

Thank you

Seriously? :/

For dolphin the error message is not blocking, the game starts fine after this with opengl. But it is not very intuitive since you need to use a mouse to click 2 times on the ok button to pass the error message.

So does Dolphin run games with Vulkan backend? Have you tried difffent shader settings?

EDIT:

bigboo

So maybe it's the "radeon" driver that just won't work :/ well I've read a bit and since LE comes with both the radeon& amdgpu drivers maybe we should give the latter a try. Could you create the xorg.conf file and check if it works if you put in this? Then xorg should use the amdgpu driver which is probably more suitable for newer AMD stuff.

Also you could try this echo "blacklist radeon" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/radeon.conf and blacklist the radeon kernel driver to force the amdgpu one.

Just make sure you have a backup in case this prevent's xorg from loading. Because you serve as a guinea pig ^^

• Well I guess because PPSSPP standalone takes his fair share. Anyway using the old 512MB partition was never something I supported officially /shrug

atm im a bit removed from a situation from accessing my only SD reader atm (which is basicly my MacMini) is there a means to do it live on the pi (albeit via PuTTY?)