LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• 5schatten

Well for a number of reasons, but for now you are right about building it myself is not necessary

1e i don't use your libreelec version, but a standard 8.2.5

2e i have a big stack of blu-ray discs that i won't be able to play on Linux without makemkv

3e if you would decide to abandon this version and so the makemkv add on i would like to be able to continue and update it myself.

4e i like to learn new things:)

So can and or will you give instructions to update the makemkv add on?

And it is absolutely not the case that i don't trust your work!

• Well the thing is even if I would abandon this fork the code is online so you could easily fork and keep it yourself. If you use a LE8 build keep in mind that these use older package versions so it might lead to problems. Updating the package itself is straightforward if it builds. In the past several patches were needed to make it work i.e. because ffmpeg changed function names or LEs busybox had a diffrent wget implementation. So in theorie changing PKG_VERSION & PKG_SHA256 should allow to update but it's not guaranteed to work.

• 5schatten

Hmmm can you try the usePulseAudio ?

How can I do that?

EDIT: I have also a problem with Dolphin, when launching a game I have a window "failed to create shared context for shader compiling" with 2 buttons "ok" and "ignore for this session". if I click ok the game launch, how can I remove this window?

FYI I needed to create the nokms file in retroarch config dir to make retroarch work

Edited once, last by bigboo (November 4, 2018 at 1:34 PM).

• 5schatten

How can I do that?

EDIT: I have also a problem with Dolphin, when launching a game I have a window "failed to create shared context for shader compiling" with 2 buttons "ok" and "ignore for this session". if I click ok the game launch, how can I remove this window?

FYI I needed to create the nokms file in retroarch config dir to make retroarch work

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/amdgpu#dri_level

Probably related to dri2 I think I remember I had the same problem back in the days cause the Intel driver was set to dri2 too.

Can you run Retroarch (without nokms!) & Dolphin and upload the log files located in /var/log  ?

• Just tried what you said, there was no xorg.conf so I created one and copied what escalade said using nano.

It still not work :s

EDIT: only this in /var/log, no retroarch log

There is only a log file once you start the frontend and haven't rebooted. Still the same error in Dolphin? Have you tried to change the renderer to Vulkan?

• 5schatten what do you mean? Using both HDMI outputs together?

PCSX2 also won't start.

• same error in dolphin.

also tried the usepulseaudio file, retroarch correctly change it's driver to "pulse" but there is no sound at all.

EDIT: and no sound in dolphin

• same error in dolphin.

also tried the usepulseaudio file, retroarch correctly change it's driver to "pulse" but there is no sound at all.

In your logfiles emulationstation.conf tells me:

lvl0: AudioManager Error - Unable to open SDL audio: ALSA: Couldn't open audio device: Device or resource busy

So I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with you asound.conf because otherwise the audio device should not be busy. And if this device is busy you'll have no sound in any emulator or frontend. So double check if your device in asound.conf is correct.

Which device have you selected in Kodi? And which in the asound.conf?

Same error if you chose Vulkan as renderer?

• 5schatten what do you mean? Using both HDMI outputs together?

PCSX2 also won't start.

Does PCSX2 start with beta 12? Because it won't quit in Beta 13 anyway since either Docker is outdated or Kernel 4.19 screwed something... About the HDMI output do you use an AVR?

• It was the first run on Beta 13, never use it before. Yes a Onkyo TX-NR676E.

Can you disable your IGP? Or run it without the GTX card?

Failed to create the opengl context. Check your drivers support openGL 3.3. Hint: opensource drivers don't

I guess the problem is that you run a system with two GPUs /shrug

I found thisbut lib32-mesa is already the latest version. Well maybe you need to wait for my next build because the Docker arch image comes with mesa 18.2.4

The thing is, as it looks to me, dedicated GPUs are quite troublesome in one way or another and unfortunately I have to system for tests with an AMD or Nvidia card.:/

• In your logfiles emulationstation.conf tells me:

lvl0: AudioManager Error - Unable to open SDL audio: ALSA: Couldn't open audio device: Device or resource busy

So I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with you asound.conf because otherwise the audio device should not be busy. And if this device is busy you'll have no sound in any emulator or frontend. So double check if your device in asound.conf is correct.

Which device have you selected in Kodi? And which in the asound.conf?

Same error if you chose Vulkan as renderer?

I use HDMI dev 0 in kodi and asound.conf, sound is working everywhere, just bad, strangely only emulationstation is working fine (ivdeo preview) sound is perfect there...

I recorded the sound using my phone:

0:00 to 0:17 kodi

from 0:19 to 0:27 emulationstation (video preview, good sound)

after that retroarch

Concerning Dolphin I can't change video settings because the window setting is too tall for the displayed ui... I think I'll give up for now :)

• You have to manually set your dpi first otherwise menus won't fit.

LibreELEC 9.0 Reborn Remix [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify | MakeMKV ]

Xorg - ArchWiki

The sound settings in Kodi have nothing to do with your settings in ES or RA or other emulators. They will always depend on your asound.conf do have altered any settings in Retroarch? I mean have you changed an drivers in RA?

http://www.lakka.tv/doc/audio-settings/

So can you pass me a logfile of a RA in nokms while you play a game? I have several logs but none of this condition.

I'm not sure it related but if you google a bit it sounds (huehuehue) as if AMD has trouble with proper sound output overall.

Radeon/AMDGPU DRM Drivers Get HD Audio Component Support - Phoronix

Even With AMDGPU DC, HDMI/DP Audio Isn't Working Out For All Radeon Linux Users - Phoronix

Audio issue using HDMI - Lakka - Libretro Forums

Lakka 2.1.1 Audio Issues Using HDMI - Lakka - Libretro Forums

HDMI Audio Out not working · Issue #321 · libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC · GitHub

• I understand that kodi settings have nothing to do with ES or RA, it was just to illustrate that the sound problem also happens here. I use default drivers and default settings for them in RA.

It's probably a driver problem on AMD side yes :s

I'll post the logs later or tomorrow thanks!

EDIT: it's definitively the same issue as this one, with also a bonaire gen GPU:

Audio issue using HDMI - Lakka - Libretro Forums

I think I'll wait for kernel 5.0 and test again, we can't do anything for now

Edited once, last by bigboo (November 4, 2018 at 8:21 PM).