LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• ok umm updating stock 8.2.5 to RR Beta 7 for generic should be the same as an Rpi yeah? (copy the .tar or .img over network to the system in \\DEVICE-NAME\Update ?

because im getting
    *** Error in check_update: mount_common: Could not mount /storage/ .update/SYSTEM ***

(then opens the debugging shell)

if i reboot, i can see no apply to Stock 8.2.5 it fails to start Xorg server (regardless of my GTX480/Radeon HD5750) something about reached target Mediacenter, and it sits there but Network is Accessible at that point.

and i just got new Ram for my Mac Mini (2010 Core 2 Duo / Nvidia 320M) you think that'd be supported thru the strange Bootcamp (and replace Windows 7.) ? (i dont muck w/ Intel Macs often as i grew up mainly using the old PowerPC macs. i still got my heavy Honker of a beast Dual-CPU PowerMac G5... that Bugger's a huge power drain on my wallet and bill X_X )

Read the start post. Unless you increase the system partition size my image won't fit in a stock 8.2.5 partition. So make a clean install or increase the size with a live cd and gparted or stuff like that.

• Thanks for looking into it for me :) Like I said, had it all set up in retropie but I can't remember what I did as it was a while ago. I looked at the autoconfig folder on RP and GoodbetterbestLtdGioteckVX22.4GWirelessController.cfg is not in a udev folder but works fine weirdly. I placed it in a udev folder in your build and its working now. Just the shoulder buttons dont do page up and page down in ES but I can prob figure that out at some point.

The controller is discontinued now but it was sold in a big store outlet here in the UK called Argos. I imagine there's a few of them about as they're not a bad piece of kit for the pricepoint (low!)

DMesg:

Code
    [ 8426.516232] hid-generic 0003:25F0:83C2.0002: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Gamepad [Goodbetterbest Ltd Gioteck VX2 2.4G Wireless Controller] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.2/input0
  • Thanks for looking into it for me :) Like I said, had it all set up in retropie but I can't remember what I did as it was a while ago. I looked at the autoconfig folder on RP and GoodbetterbestLtdGioteckVX22.4GWirelessController.cfg is not in a udev folder but works fine weirdly. I placed it in a udev folder in your build and its working now. Just the shoulder buttons dont do page up and page down in ES but I can prob figure that out at some point.

The controller is discontinued now but it was sold in a big store outlet here in the UK called Argos. I imagine there's a few of them about as they're not a bad piece of kit for the pricepoint (low!)

DMesg:

Code
    [ 8426.516232] hid-generic 0003:25F0:83C2.0002: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Gamepad [Goodbetterbest Ltd Gioteck VX2 2.4G Wireless Controller] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.2/input0

Can you rename the file to gioteck-vx2.cfg and enter this the following code and see if it still works? I'll add this controller to my build and once you upgrade to Beta08+ it should be included. So after the next update try to remove your controller file and see if it is still autodetected. If this works I make a PR for joypad-autoconfig.

• Gamepad - ArchWiki

I guess you haven't installed any bios files or a system dump for the 3DS?

Thanks for the gamepad link!

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm

Works per session, but have to do it everytime it reboots.

Have also tried

Code
    echo 'options bluetooth disable_ertm=1' > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/bluetooth-disable-ertm.conf

But that doesn't seem to work, still can't connect bluetooth when I restart.

And doh, it's been so long I fooled around with emulation that I had indeed forgotten the bios!

Got the .bins for the psx and put them on the bios folder, but still no luck (also tried having them in the psx rom folder)

Here is (from what I can see) the log from the relevant time:

• About the controller: Autostart.sh [LibreELEC.wiki]

About the emulators: read the FAQ / make sure you have the correct bios files. Double check their names. Make sure they are in the bios folder.

If it still fails upload the whole logfile zip or the retroarch logfile in /var/log I don't need a Kodi logfile when an emulator fails.

• About the controller: Autostart.sh [LibreELEC.wiki]

About the emulators: read the FAQ / make sure you have the correct bios files. Double check their names. Make sure they are in the bios folder.

If it still fails upload the whole logfile zip or the retroarch logfile in /var/log I don't need a Kodi logfile when an emulator fails.

Yeah, bios files are reading as the proper ones for the PSX.

Tried an N64 as that one doesn't seem to require a bios, here's logfile:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is this the relevant part?

• Yeah, bios files are reading as the proper ones for the PSX.

Tried an N64 as that one doesn't seem to require a bios, here's logfile:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is this the relevant part?

Can you post your retroarch.cfg file? And in addition enter dmesg | paste in a terminal and post the link?

Basically this line is the problem:

Code
    [WARN] [SDL_GL]: Failed to initialize SDL gfx context driver: No available video device

Retroarch tries to use SDL_GL instead of regular GL or something. Have you changed the driver in Retroarch? Do you have this line in your retroarch.cfg video_driver = "gl" ?

• Read the start post. Unless you increase the system partition size my image won't fit in a stock 8.2.5 partition. So make a clean install or increase the size with a live cd and gparted or stuff like that.

just how big does it need be? i grew it to 4GB, and still got thrown the error,

• Can you post your retroarch.cfg file? And in addition enter dmesg | paste in a terminal and post the link?

Basically this line is the problem:

Code
    [WARN] [SDL_GL]: Failed to initialize SDL gfx context driver: No available video device

Retroarch tries to use SDL_GL instead of regular GL or something. Have you changed the driver in Retroarch? Do you have this line in your retroarch.cfg video_driver = "gl" ?

No, haven't changed anything at all!
    I don't seem to have that line on the retroarch.cfg, is that the problem?

retroarch.cfg:

dmesg|paste result:

• I don't seem to have that line on the retroarch.cfg, is that the problem?

Well exactly -> can you delete your retroarch.cfg file and start RA from the main menu? It should create a new one then. Can you post this version again? Normally RA should use the default settings if the file is missing :/

Have you made a clean install after I uploaded a new build or just updated the non-booting one? I guess RA screwed up the default file because of some reasons.

• Well exactly -> can you delete your retroarch.cfg file and start RA from the main menu? It should create a new one then. Can you post this version again? Normally RA should use the default settings if the file is missing :/

Have you made a clean install after I uploaded a new build or just updated the non-booting one? I guess RA screwed up the default file because of some reasons.

I think I updated from Escalade's build, actually!

Deleted the file and did as instructed and still no luck.

Current .cfg:

• I think I updated from Escalade's build, actually!

Deleted the file and did as instructed and still no luck.

Current .cfg:

Escalades build is based on a heavily modified LE8.x version while mine is LE9.0 + the emulator stuff so I guess that's the reason things are screwed. You can add video_driver = "gl" to the retroarch.cfg file and it will probably start but anyway I would recommend a clean install /shrug

• ok 5schatten im not sure how to install the alpha to the hard disk (unless im to install stock 8.2.5 then update normally to that 8.90 alpha? but atleast trying to update to RebornRemix (w/ 8.90 flashed to my usb drive), i get a diffrent error one i should of been getting. i get the "Warning" that the System partition is too small, vs before w/ 8.2.5, i get a failure to mount System regardless the Partition size.

• ok 5schatten im not sure how to install the alpha to the hard disk (unless im to install stock 8.2.5 then update normally to that 8.90 alpha? but atleast trying to update to RebornRemix (w/ 8.90 flashed to my usb drive), i get a diffrent error one i should of been getting. i get the "Warning" that the System partition is too small, vs before w/ 8.2.5, i get a failure to mount System regardless the Partition size.

Well and that's the thing :D -> increase the system partition size to 1024MB and it should work then.

If you don't know how to make a fresh install just get this libreelec.usb-sd.creator.win32.exe and burn my img.gz file to an usb drive. Then you can boot and install the build.

• Escalades build is based on a heavily modified LE8.x version while mine is LE9.0 + the emulator stuff so I guess that's the reason things are screwed. You can add video_driver = "gl" to the retroarch.cfg file and it will probably start but anyway I would recommend a clean install /shrug

Appreciate all the help, will do a proper fresh install soon and report then!

• Beta 07a Generic/RPi is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated RPi kernel to 4.18.9
    • updated mesa to 18.2.1
    • updated vulkan-loader to 1.1.85
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated PCSX2 start script -> now updates Docker images & removes old one
    • updated sdl-jstest -> added path to gamecontrollerdb
    • updated spotify start script -> default branch is now spotify-stable
    • retroarch-joypad-autoconfig: added Gioteck VX2 config file
    • added some background music to ES screensaver