LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• The J4005 was fine the J5005 has 4 cores 4 threads while the celeron has 2 cores / 4 threads. Both have a TDP of 10W so when they run hot I suspect the J5005 will throttle earlier. The thing is both are faster than any arm stuff but not as fast as an i3 or else. IMHO the J5005 is too expensive and won't let you run PCSX2 or Beetle-PSX too. If you really want to run all games then you've to buy a mini-itx system with a small i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, 4x 3.50GHz, boxed ab â¬Â 91,90 (2019) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland or Intel Pentium Gold G5400, 2x 3.70GHz, tray ab â¬Â 70,92 (2019) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland

Oh okay. Thats not worth it to me but thank you for explanation

About the Dolphin dir -> I've changed to path so you can access & backup your data by copying the dolphin-emu dir in configfiles.

Thank you :)

• Oh okay. Thats not worth it to me but thank you for explanation

Yeah it's somewhat a gap between those two. Anyway you'll should be able to play Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube and Wii stuff on those NUCs so IMHO it's absolutely worth it.

Thank you :)

Well it was something I had in mind for quite some time since backing it up for testing purposes was a bit complicated for me too.

• Well ES & Pegasus are just a frontends so once you quit an emulator you fall back to them. Retroarch is a frontend and a framework for all libretro cores. If you map the exit button input_exit_emulator = "ralt" to a free button on your keyboard / joystick / gamepad / whatever RA will instantly quit and either return to ES / P-FE or to kodi if you've started RA directly.

Controllers like the Sony PlayStation3 DualShock3 can utilize the "PS" button sony-playstation3-dualshock3-controller-usb.cfg#l29 to open the menu for example.

My "special" key on my gamepad opens the RA menu and if I want to stop it I'll return to ES. Anyway it's not possible to deal with all emulators without a keyboard so I've also a Rii Mini i8+ in reach.

Just to follow-up and close the loop, I used your suggestion and mapped the exit key to a free button on the gamepad and it worked. I ended up going with the 8bitdo SF30 Pro you recommended and it's indeed nice.

So in the end, the confusion is that ES offers a hotkey but that really doesn't do anything in the game. You need to rely on the RA settings for exit options. I now have start+select go into RA and star exits RA (back to ES for me).

Thanks again!

• Just to follow-up and close the loop, I used your suggestion and mapped the exit key to a free button on the gamepad and it worked. I ended up going with the 8bitdo SF30 Pro you recommended and it's indeed nice.

So in the end, the confusion is that ES offers a hotkey but that really doesn't do anything in the game. You need to rely on the RA settings for exit options. I now have start+select go into RA and star exits RA (back to ES for me).

Thanks again!

The "ES hotkey" is probably a Retropie leftover which could be patched out but I didn't bother to do so. Anyway if it works now it's fine ;)

• Hi

First up thanks 5schatten for this awesome build! I've been using the Amlogic version on my 905 device for a few months now but in the last couple of updates (Just installed 6th Feb one) I seem to have no audio on the video previews in Emulationstation despite the option being enabled. Is anyone else having issues? I still get the menu sounds in emulationstation and audio is fine in retroarch. I've tried various audio device settings in the emulationstation config but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks

• 5schatten

The makemkv key update doesn't work anymore, apparently there is a change in the forumpost where you get the key.

The line number has changed (from 269 to 263), so please change this line in the makemkv-key-update file:

MAKEMKV_KEY=$(curl "https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053" -s | awk 'FNR == 263 {print $13}'| cut -c 23-90)

:)

Updated -> have to rebuild the addon once my generic image is ready

• Has anyone tried to run emulationstation in aeon nox silvo.

I just managed to add items to the start menu eg "GAMES" and set the action "XBMC.RunScript (/usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py)

Edited 2 times, last by lukasz1982 (February 10, 2019 at 11:03 AM).

• Hi

First up thanks 5schatten for this awesome build! I've been using the Amlogic version on my 905 device for a few months now but in the last couple of updates (Just installed 6th Feb one) I seem to have no audio on the video previews in Emulationstation despite the option being enabled. Is anyone else having issues? I still get the menu sounds in emulationstation and audio is fine in retroarch. I've tried various audio device settings in the emulationstation config but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks

I have exactly the same and i still have not figured it out what is wrong with my setup

• Yeah it's somewhat a gap between those two. Anyway you'll should be able to play Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube and Wii stuff on those NUCs so IMHO it's absolutely worth it.

Mh those are not my main platforms. I actually have just one game for Dreamcast and Wii. Most games which I play are for PS1 or Gameboy. So the bad Beetle graphics are an issue for me but I hope the dynamic recompiler will give me some better results when its implemented one day.

However I also remember that I've only compared Beetle PSX with PCSX_Rearmed on my AML box. Not with PCSX_Rearmed for generic in your build. Maybe it looks like the same. I'm gonna test it as far as I can. If PCSX_Rearmed is looking good I will keep it for all my single disk games and will take Beetle only for multidisk games. Multidisk games are actually the only reason why I want to use Beetle instead of PCSX_Rearmed. Otherwise I'm totally fine with PCSX_Rearmed :)

Well it was something I had in mind for quite some time since backing it up for testing purposes was a bit complicated for me too.

Unfortunately I cant test it yet. Same like the new controller mapping on SHL since the NUC that I've ordered is delaying more and more (ordered it in Dec 18th, now they told me its gonna be avril or later. I cancelled it and ordered it somewhere else). But I'm looking forward to test it :)

Edited once, last by Kupo91 (February 10, 2019 at 11:41 AM).

• I have exactly the same and i still have not figured it out what is wrong with my setup

I have the same problem on x64 pc with amd gpu for both ES and Pegasus, sound is ok in menu, sound works everywhere in all emus, everything is correctly configured, but no sound in video previews.

• I have the same problem on x64 pc with amd gpu for both ES and Pegasus, sound is ok in menu, sound works everywhere in all emus, everything is correctly configured, but no sound in video previews.

How did you configured you asound and your advanced.conf?

Ik have a nuci5bnh and i have exactly the same waht you have sound everywhere but not in my videosnaps.

If changed audio backend to pulseaudio in advanced.conf it did not help either/shrug

• Marciano  bigboo

well in the end it's all about a working PulseAudio config. Right now I'm just loading the autodetection module and hopefully it does it's job. If not you will get no audio output. So I'm probably going to change the start scripts that they ignore module autodetection if there are any /storage/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d/*.conf present. Then you have to create your own PA config files Pulseaudio [LibreELEC.wiki] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pulseaudio/troubleshooting /shrug

But from my past experience where users just had to add one single line to asound.conf :/:rolleyes::|

• Marciano  bigboo

well in the end it's all about a working PulseAudio config. Right now I'm just loading the autodetection module and hopefully it does it's job. If not you will get no audio output. So I'm probably going to change the start scripts that they ignore module autodetection if there are any /storage/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d/*.conf present. Then you have to create your own PA config files Pulseaudio [LibreELEC.wiki] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pulseaudio/troubleshooting /shrug

But from my past experience where users just had to add one single line to asound.conf :/:rolleyes::|

Thanks for looking.

So if i understand i have to make a pa config file in /storage/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d/

So i’ve read the wiki but there isn’t any info what content to put in pa config file to get the config work.

Any hints what to put in my pa config file?

• Thanks for looking.

So if i understand i have to make a pa config file in /storage/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d/

So i’ve read the wiki but there isn’t any info what content to put in pa config file to get the config work.

Any hints what to put in my pa config file?

I guess something like this but it won't work right now anyway since the script ignores custom configurations right now.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pulseaudio/examples

• Hi All, bit of a linux noob here. How do I get my /flash drive to be larger than the automatic 512? It never prompts me anywhere during the installation to change it and I haven't found a way to re-size it after the fact. Any help would be most appreciated

• I have the same problem on x64 pc with amd gpu for both ES and Pegasus, sound is ok in menu, sound works everywhere in all emus, everything is correctly configured, but no sound in video previews.

I have the same issue, no sound on my video previews on emulationstation. I use this distro only for retrogaming. I'll keen an eye on this topic for a solution.