LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• I said delete & apply the update again. Escalade uses different start scripts and usually es_systems won't be update too.

Anyway look at my first post how to get some logs. If you know how to get it retroarch.log would be the thing I would check out first.

Btw did you read the FAQ and have installed all asset files?

• Hi,

I followed this project from the beginning as this is exactly what I was looking for.

So I gave it a try yesterday (sorry, Noob) and installed the whole package on my NUC: NUC5PPYH.

Everything looks great and most options do work as they should or even better!

I do have one problem though, as my internal bluetooth adapter of the NUC does not seem to be installed.

In Openelec it says "Disabled" and I can't change it. It does not appear in my Bios either. So it seems like there is no driver to be found.

I have used the bluetooth before in Windows 10 on the NUC, but deleted the windows as it was too slow imo.

Can anyone help me to get the bluetooth working please? Or is this just not possible for the NUC with OpenElec?

• Sjarl

Well I replaced my DS3 controllers by 2 8Bitdo SF30 PRO controllers because DS3 and bluetooth didn't really work reliable for me. But feel free to give it a try.

Maybe it improved over time and/or bluez is now able to work flawless with them.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 27, 2018 at 7:42 PM).

• New builds are online!

• updated kernel to 4.17.10 & 4.14.58
    • updated mesa to v18.1.5 & vulkan-loader to v1.1.81
    • switched Herdingers Emulationstation fork to Retropie fork v2.8-DEV
    • updated Retroarch dependencies (core-info, assets, joypad-autoconfig...)
    • updated libretro-cores to latest versions
    • added libretro-dolphin / removed libretro-dolphin-launcher
    • updated Dolphin to r5.0-8490 & added refresh rate adjustment to start script for PAL60 games
    • replaced mame-2003 by mame2003-plus / replaced mame2014 by mame2016 -> you need a recent romset!

Check out the features post for details.

Edited 6 times, last by 5schatten (July 28, 2018 at 9:05 AM).

• That latest generic build with 4.17.10 doesn't work for me. There is black screen with mouse cursor for some seconds and then again text screen that says stop job for Docker application container engine, which runs for 1 minute 47 seconds. Then automatic reboot to LE safe mode. Have you changed something regarding Docker?

• I haven't changed anything particular to docker since I have no built in Docker support. And since you've updated from escalades LE8.2 build what I neither recommend or can support I can't really help you.

If you need Docker just use the Kodi Docker Add-on. Anyway it it reboots in failsafe mode grab the log and upload it.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 28, 2018 at 8:25 PM).

• Nice sofar, this, Milhouse and stock 8.2.5 have one thing RetroPie for my one case has lacked. Working Kodi w/ the Waveshare 7' 800x600 Resolution Displays. (it'd display an image for a few seconds and goto a bunch of "Garbly Gook" garbage Data for 5 mins before displaying anything again. and moving any input caused it to occur instantly. ) i Do plan to get the newer higher resolution one thats 1024x600

the only Oddity i've encountered so early in testing this, is something weird with 8Bit do controllers that i didnt w/ RetroPie, Windows Mode wont work. (Start + X) and while it'll pair, Kodi does not detect a new input and start the configuration , if done manually it wont recognize any input when trying to map them.

• Cael

Wel what kind of 8bitdo controllers? You've updated them to the latest firmware? I use SN30 & SF30 PRO controllers myself and both work flawlessly. I also use the latest SDL2 lib with updated gamecontrollerdb and a recent version of GitHub - libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig: RetroArch joypad autoconfig files so that shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tried Start+B or Start+Y? I use these because Xinput is crap for Unix systems.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 29, 2018 at 12:47 PM).

• Cael

Wel what kind of 8bitdo controllers? You've updated them to the latest firmware? I use SN30 & SF30 PRO controllers myself and both work flawlessly. I also use the latest SDL2 lib with updated gamecontrollerdb and a recent version of GitHub - libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig: RetroArch joypad autoconfig files so that shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tried Start+B or Start+Y? I use these because Xinput is crap for Unix systems.

SN30 Pro and yea its on 1.26, it works Fine in Android Mode (Start+B), thi sis just the first to give me any prob in Windows/XInput (Start+X)

• SN30 Pro and yea its on 1.26, it works Fine in Android Mode (Start+B), thi sis just the first to give me any prob in Windows/XInput (Start+X)

1. For what do you need Xinput?

2. Does your SN30 PRO work in Xinput with other Kodi versions?

Anyway this is more likely a 8bitdo firmware related problem.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 29, 2018 at 5:02 PM).

• 1. For what do you need Xinput?

2. Does your SN30 PRO work in Xinput with other Kodi versions?

Anyway this is more likely a 8bitdo firmware related problem.

No Need, to be honest outside breaking a habit of starting in Start+X , and yea, anything from RetroPie (Kodi 17.6) it recognizes every input just fine. just an oddity here. though atm doesnt particularly matter as i'm atm Migrating My Pi3B+ to LibreElec+this build from RetroPie 4.4 only 8Bitdo i havent tried yet that i own is my Nes30 Pro

Edit: in hindsight and i highly doubt it'll be an issue, but hoping there's no Analog TV out issues (the Pi3B+ sits in my small Room i have set for older consoles all sorta cobbled into a connection hub for a 32' CRT (its connected via an compatible Zune TV Out cable. )

As well i'm not really seeing Amiberry liste din the Emulation addons or within Libretro, is it installed thru Command line?

Edit @ 8:18pm : seems the bluetoothAudio option (Pulse Audio) isnt Robust enough, a 320kbps MP3 Stuttered alot. despite i had the speaker quite close. here's how bad it was https://drive.google.com/open?id=18nbvyxs5kbqyy2xdf2lyt03n8sicq9gy (its not my phone mucking up the recording. it stuttered that poorly.

Edited 2 times, last by Cael (July 30, 2018 at 1:28 AM).

• 5schatten

Used my sfc30 controller now and it works great, thanks for giving me your great advice regarding the 8bitdo controllers and DS3!

For some reason I can't get the psx games and Sega Saturn games working. I have put the BIOS in the correct folder, like you mentioned and even checked the settings in Retroarch, but it keeps on saying "Firmware is missing: scph5501.bin (or other bin for other regions).

The Sega Saturn games just don't load, I keep on getting a start screen of the Sega Saturn which mentions there is no disc inserted.

Can anyone help me out here please?

• Sjarl

Make sure your bios file is a valid one & located in /storage/roms/bios

Code
    phoenix:~/roms/bios # md5sum scph5501.bin
    490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246  scph5501.bin

Add system bios (EN) · recalbox/recalbox-os Wiki · GitHub

I can only guess why the saturn file is missing but I suspect you need a correct bin & cue file to make it work.

GitHub - libretro/beetle-saturn-libretro: Standalone port of Mednafen Saturn to the libretro API.

@Cael

I haven't tried to play music over BT since the overall antenna config of my Pi3 is crap. Bluez v5.50 is up-to-date but the LE9.0 pulseaudio server is quite dated, maybe I'll give a recent version a try. But IMHO I have no clue why it stutters. Does music with lower bitrate play fine?

Amiberry is not a libretro-core so you have to start it with ES.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 30, 2018 at 11:41 AM).

• @Cael

I haven't tried to play music over BT since the overall antenna config of my Pi3 is crap. Bluez v5.50 is up-to-date but the LE9.0 pulseaudio server is quite dated, maybe I'll give a recent version a try. But IMHO I have no clue why it stutters. Does music with lower bitrate play fine?

Amiberry is not a libretro-core so you have to start it with ES.

it doesnt show in ES, (it tells me there's No Systems when launched) so wondering How amiberry's installed if its not included by default.

• it doesnt show in ES, (it tells me there's No Systems when launched) so wondering How amiberry's installed if its not included by default.

If the /storage/roms/amiga  directory is empty Amiga won't be listed in ES. So place your games in there and make sure the file extension is one of these: .fs-uae .adf .adz .zip

I rebased my fork & updated pulseaudio to v12.2 so you can try BT audio and report if there's any improvement.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (July 30, 2018 at 4:51 PM).