Posts by Sjarl

@5schatten

Thank you for the support again. The username "root" does indeed work. I am sorry, I didn't know about this (still a noob, but eager to learn!).

So there is no problem with SSH as far as I can see now.

That is indeed the controller of Xiaomi that I use, it works out of the box and there is no need to swap the buttons. Connecting is very easy and it is almost an exact copy of the XBOX controller. Works very well for me.

Now I am looking for a new challenge; Getting a good controller for Goldeneye for the N64 emulator, but it looks like there is no good controller available (if I search for it) with a good stick. So if anyone has got any tips to get this working fluently, I will be very happy, I still love this game.

@5schatten:

I did indeed turn SSH on, but it still doesn't work. Do I need a username as well?
    I think I did turn SSH off in the first place during the installation, I saw a message somewhere that it might not work in a later stadium, is that true?

Anyway, I fixed the sound through the Retroarch options menu, so I am still happy with that result :)

The 4 controllers work for NES and SNES games so far with 2x 8bitdo SF30 controllers and 2x Xiaomi gamepads (all bluetooth).

One of the 8bitdo controllers does not connect automatically when I turn it on, that's a little annoying.

I do recommend the Xiaomi gamepads, they work very good for me.

Does anyone use wired controllers with an USB-hub?

I am wondering which controllers work/feel good.

Maybe I am willing to test that as well, if it is not that expensive…

Thanks again 5schatten for this great project!

@5schatten

Thanks for your explanation and great help! Got the PSX games working now. Seems like setting the bios file is very sensitive, as I had a BIOS file with Capitals and it didn't work, so I did rename the bios to lowercase letters and now it seems to work. Although the libretro-pcsx-rearmed works better for me.
    Got one Saturn game working now as well, other games do not seem to work yet, but they do have some .WAV files added as well. So maybe I should get some ISO+CUE files from some other place. Will try, but there is no hurry.

Now I need to connect 4 controllers and get the multitap options working, so that I can invite some friends :-), wil dig into that asap.

Great work here 5schatten, I am very happy with the solution you provide!

5schatten

Used my sfc30 controller now and it works great, thanks for giving me your great advice regarding the 8bitdo controllers and DS3!

For some reason I can't get the psx games and Sega Saturn games working. I have put the BIOS in the correct folder, like you mentioned and even checked the settings in Retroarch, but it keeps on saying "Firmware is missing: scph5501.bin (or other bin for other regions).

The Sega Saturn games just don't load, I keep on getting a start screen of the Sega Saturn which mentions there is no disc inserted.

Can anyone help me out here please?

Sjarl

You've enabled Bluetooth in LibreELEC settings? LibreELEC Settings [LibreELEC.wiki]

Your NUC comes with an internal Intel® Wireless-AC 3165 card that should work out of the box.

Thank you 5schatten, I must have missed this option, feel kind of stupid now…:|

Next challenge is to setup the PS3 controllers by Bluetooth, hope I can do this myself ;)

Hi,

I followed this project from the beginning as this is exactly what I was looking for.

So I gave it a try yesterday (sorry, Noob) and installed the whole package on my NUC: NUC5PPYH.

Everything looks great and most options do work as they should or even better!

I do have one problem though, as my internal bluetooth adapter of the NUC does not seem to be installed.

In Openelec it says "Disabled" and I can't change it. It does not appear in my Bios either. So it seems like there is no driver to be found.

I have used the bluetooth before in Windows 10 on the NUC, but deleted the windows as it was too slow imo.

Can anyone help me to get the bluetooth working please? Or is this just not possible for the NUC with OpenElec?