LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Well it should be obvious why it's always Pulse in Dolphin when you set PulseAudio in an overall configuration file. If you set the audio backend to PulseAudio and change it manually in Dolphin it will most likely just crash and if you use ALSA as backend and set it to Pulse in Dolphin there will be no sound.

Make sure your asound.conf is configured and use either PulseAudio or ALSA as backend but stop changing audio backends in the emulators.

• Build RC4 | 201902-22cb18c is online for Generic & RPi

• upgraded Generic/RPi kernel to 4.19.14
    • updated vulkan-loader to 1.1.97
    • fixed Emulationstation scraper (WIP)
    • added several configuration options to advanced.conf
    • if a newer advanced.conf is shipped with an update it will replace the existing one with a default conf
    • you can now set individually refresh rates for Amiga / Atari / C64 / Dolphin to match PAL(50) or NTSC(60)
    • you can disable the demo games (2048 / MrBoom)
    • you can disable id games ( PrBoom /TyrQuake )
    • updated Pegasus-Frontend theme path for autoupdates -> delete your theme folder in ...\Configfiles\pegasus-frontend\themes to avoid double listed themes
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
  • Well it should be obvious why it's always Pulse in Dolphin when you set PulseAudio in an overall configuration file. If you set the audio backend to PulseAudio and change it manually in Dolphin it will most likely just crash and if you use ALSA as backend and set it to Pulse in Dolphin there will be no sound.

Make sure your asound.conf is configured and use either PulseAudio or ALSA as backend but stop changing audio backends in the emulators.

Ok so now my setup at this moment with your latest build is:

advanced.conf

asound.conf

output aplay -L

I didn't touch the audio backend in dolphin but with this setup start games from skin working but there is no sound.

If i set audio backend to ALSA dolphin crashes

Is there something wrong with my asound.conf?

I configured exact what you write in the OP but maybe i'm missing something.

Thanks

Edited once, last by Marciano (January 11, 2019 at 7:14 PM).

• Marciano

Check Configfiles\dolphin-emu\Dolphin.ini if you find Backend = ALSA or Backend = Pulse this should match the configuration of advanced.conf anyway check first if Dolphin runs fine with sound in ES.

If you use hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 so your first HDMI output number 0 as sound output device your asound.conf should be fine. So try to set ALSA as audio backend in advanced.conf and also ALSA in your Dolphin.ini normally this is done automatically but I have no clue what this indirect-launch-per-python-over-systemd-script-magic screws up.

To be honest I don't see what's the point of this whole thing I mean sure if you use a custom skin you need to launch commands individually but screwing up the whole system instead of launching ES with Wii as "start up system" set what just takes seconds... well makes no sense to me. What's the benefit? Save 5s and some menu scrolling? :/

• Check Configfiles\dolphin-emu\Dolphin.ini if you find Backend = ALSA or Backend = Pulse this should match the configuration of advanced.conf

Just checked this and it match, advanced.conf set to pulseaudio and dolphin.ini backend is set to pulse.

But it isn't matching if advanced.conf backend= ALSA and then dolphin.ini backend= pulse

check first if Dolphin runs fine with sound in ES

advanced.conf backend set to pulseaudio no sound with dolphin in ES.

if advanced.conf backend set to ALSA dolphin with sound in ES.

But to be honest I don't see what's the point of this whole thing I mean sure if you use a custom skin you need to launch commands individually but screwing up the whole system instead of launching ES with Wii as "start up system" set what just takes seconds... well makes no sense to me

I see your point but i'm trying to setup for my little boy so he doesn't have to going into ES and select game first with ps3 controller to navigate/select game and then take the wii mote it's just too much handling for him right now.

But thank you for your time and support.

I'll figure it out somehow/shrug

Edited once, last by Marciano (January 11, 2019 at 9:20 PM).

• if advanced.conf backend set to ALSA dolphin with sound in ES.

So why did you set it to Pulse in the first place?

I see your point but i'm trying to setup for my little boy so he doesn't have to going into ES and select game first with ps3 controller to navigate/select game and then take the wii mote it's just too much handling for him right now.

Well as I said have a look at the ES menu / UI Settings / Start on system & select Wii. Should be convinient & easy to handle too. Or what do you use to control your HTPC?

• So why did you set it to Pulse in the first place?

If not then game is not starting with custom skin command.

Is Set to ALSA dolphin crashes that's why ;)

Well as I said have a look at the ES menu / UI Settings / Start on system & select Wii. Should be convinient & easy to handle too. Or what do you use to control your HTPC?

I found that option in ES thanks.

I'm using my tv remote to control my NUC trough CEC:)

• If not then game is not starting with custom skin command.

Is Set to ALSA dolphin crashes that's why ;)

I found that option in ES thanks.

I'm using my tv remote to control my NUC trough CEC:)

Then your custom command doesn't run the script correctly and there is no ALSA device available which leads to a crash.

• Then your custom command doesn't run the script correctly and there is no ALSA device available which leads to a crash.

Well i use this command in my skin

Code
    /storage/.config/dolphin-emu/dolphin-mariokart.py

dolphin-mariokart.py

Python
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import subprocess
    subprocess.call("systemd-run /usr/bin/dolphin.start /storage/roms/wii/MarioKartWii.wbfs", shell=True)

Does it needs ALSA to start also?

• Well i use this command in my skin

Code
    /storage/.config/dolphin-emu/dolphin-mariokart.py

dolphin-mariokart.py

Python
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import subprocess
    subprocess.call("systemd-run /usr/bin/dolphin.start /storage/roms/wii/MarioKartWii.wbfs", shell=True)

Does it needs ALSA to start also?

Well read what ALSA actually is and you will understand why it's crucial... one way or another.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/advanced_linux_sound_architecture https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/advanced_linux_sound_architecture

If it works with ALSA/PA in Emulationstation or else and not from this script there is basically not much I can do. Normally it should shut down Kodi, set the environment and start the emulator but if it doesn't well... /shrug the scripts are not intended to work this way :/

• Well read what ALSA actually is and you will understand why it's crucial... one way or another.

Thanks will take a look at that.

If it works with ALSA/PA in Emulationstation or else and not from this script there is basically not much I can do. Normally it should shut down Kodi, set the environment and start the emulator but if it doesn't well... /shrug the scripts are not intended to work this way

No problem starting games from ES is allright but it tought the other way was easier todo but not to set it up;)

Other question how/where to set up N64 games?

when in ES i try to start a N64 game it brings me back to ES nothing happend.

My roms file names are like this: 007 - GoldenEye (Europe).n64

• Logs. A standard installation with unmodified es_systems.cfg runs N64 games out of the box.

• Logs. A standard installation with unmodified es_systems.cfg runs N64 games out of the box.

I modified es_systems.cfg and now it runs fine.

I also try some ps2 games and they are running great at 720p.

I have a nuc7i5bnh (kabylake) and trying to get 1080p but then it begin to stutter. Also with dolphin.

Is it my hardware that isn’t capable of runnnig games full speed at 1080p or am i missing some settings.

• I modified es_systems.cfg and now it runs fine.

I also try some ps2 games and they are running great at 720p.

I have a nuc7i5bnh (kabylake) and trying to get 1080p but then it begin to stutter. Also with dolphin.

Is it my hardware that isn’t capable of runnnig games full speed at 1080p or am i missing some settings.

Well don't go crazy... it's "just" a NUC with an i5-7260U which is about as fast as my desktop i3-6100 so the IGP can't handle 1080p or higher resolutions for Dolphin or else.

• Well don't go crazy... it's "just" a NUC with an i5-7260U which is about as fast as my desktop i3-6100 so the IGP can't handle 1080p or higher resolutions for Dolphin or else.

Thanks good to know i will try a nuc8i7 then.

With pcxs2 is it possible to remap the esc button on my ps3 controller to exit games?

I can’t find any hotkey settings in pcxs2 controller settings.

• Thanks good to know i will try a nuc8i7 then.

With pcxs2 is it possible to remap the esc button on my ps3 controller to exit games?

I can’t find any hotkey settings in pcxs2 controller settings.

NUC8i7HVK? Well if the Vega M is supported it should kick some asses :D

Hmmm I don't know if it's possible but haven't had a deeper look into this usecases since I always used a mini keyboard for inputs. :/

• its late.. 2 weeks late (me and the months of December and for that matter November and december) dont exactly mix. (i've been told i should seek help in at that time of the year again in diagnosing SADs, but happy new year 5schatten

I've been busy w/ my sort of "Personal Hell" both inner and outer since real late November,so i didnt really monitor for Updates. I went unchecked till December 31st, (new years eve when the Depression began to lift and i could ENJOY things once more) but the build i have in my Download history doesn't match your RC change logs... (so i hope it wasn't a broken-pulled build) the Filename is "LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-RR-201852-44f803a.img.gz" which seems to place this between RC3 builds "201851-1acbb17" and "201852-52323f1"

i made sure to go thru the builds i didn't recognize for any that indicated to delete something before updating. the only one i couldn't seem to do is for "RC4 201901-c30d584" and this change/deletion request: "completely reworked mupen64plus standalone -> superseeded by m64p -> delete your old mupen64plus config dir before you update!" (simply i couldn't find the folder (so i guess i should be good either way.

(Would be nice if there was a script like in the old days of XBMC on the Xbox that could check for updates and display whats new,but for here, it'd pull from Google Drive download to the Update directory , Display whats new , if anything is marked "Delete before updating" it would delete then restart. sounds too much work to make it to save a few moments of "Get up off laze-arse, check forums, read change logs for if an update Requires configs to be deleted, copy update over, Update")

but either way i hope the month of December treated you fairly and that sofar 2019 is starting off well for you!