LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• I tested your LE9 version with the makemkv addon and it works perfectly!

So it is defentively a problem with LE 8, but with kodi 18 just around the corner it isn't worth to fix it i guess

• I tested your LE9 version with the makemkv addon and it works perfectly!

So it is defentively a problem with LE 8, but with kodi 18 just around the corner it isn't worth to fix it i guess

If version 1.12.3 still works with the older Kodi version there is no need to update anyway and I guess there won't be any fix for this. The problem was that MakeMKV was not compatible to Kodi 18 and this patch added some missing functions. The latest version is now compatible I guess it also breaks compatibility to Kodi 17.x. because the compatibility is achieved by different code changes.

But since Kodi 18 beta 5 is already available I guess we'll see the final version around Xmas anyway and from my experience after months of usage it works quite fine.

• Beta 14 is partly online (Odroid C2 uploading):

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated to Kodi 18 beta 5
    • updated Generic & RPi kernel to 4.19.1
    • added back crazycat dvb addons
    • updated mesa to 18.3-rc2
    • updated vulkan-loader to 1.1.91
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • fixed es_systems.cfg for Amlogic & RPi -> ! delete your es_systems.cfg before you update !

MakeMKV 1.14.1 is online:

• minor fixes in upstream
  • Well I've tried to run Pilotwings64 on my generic system and I had no glitches with mupen64plus only with ParaLLEL-64 so what was your test system that had these black triangle bug? Generic builds come with both n64 emulators & ARM stuff mupen64plus only. If you prefer mupen64plus just update es_systems.cfg according to your needs.

About m64p it is just a "buildsystem" or better call it a quite hacky script that glues the plugins together. To build them I would have to patch every single plugin to make it work because of stupid Makefile configs :/ And in the end it would only run on systems with QT so generic builds. All in all it doesn't make much sense to me. But let's see if I can grab the important stuff from this script /shrug

mupen64plus-GLideN64/build.sh at master · m64p/mupen64plus-GLideN64 · GitHub

EDIT:

After several hours of fishing in murky waters...

mupen64plus: initial package git version 3d4288b · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv@cbc562f · GitHub

• I've got problems with Chrome in beta 14. First message about downloading update, but nothing seems to happen after that. Then I delete /storage/.cache/app.chrome/ and there is message that it's first time that Chrome is started so it will be downloaded and installed. But again nothing seems to happen.

• I've got problems with Chrome in beta 14. First message about downloading update, but nothing seems to happen after that. Then I delete /storage/.cache/app.chrome/ and there is message that it's first time that Chrome is started so it will be downloaded and installed. But again nothing seems to happen.

I see no errors in the logg. Maybe the download link in the google-chrome-stable script doesn't work?

I see no errors in the logg. Maybe the download link in the google-chrome-stable script doesn't work?

Google changed the format of the repodata so I had to adjust the script a bit.

• OK, but we don't get the new script until next beta I suppose.

Shouldn't take too long since I'm going to upload Beta14a for generic systems today which includes Mupen64Plus.

EDIT:

Obviously this would be something what bothers me myself if a failed upgrade attempt breaks Chrome as a whole. So I've updated & reworked the script and now it should test if a) the PKG version can be received and b) if the download url is valid. If there is no valid url it will drop a message in the chrome log file but still start the old version without any updating attempts.

• I think I tried Pilotwings with mupen64plus libretro core on an AMD GPU.

Thanks for your custom mupen64plus build, I'll try it!

• I think I tried Pilotwings with mupen64plus libretro core on an AMD GPU.

Thanks for your custom mupen64plus build, I'll try it!

I did not spend much time in it but it comes with a basic config & runs. You have to replace the retroarch  start command with mupen64plus.start in es_systems.cfg then.

5schatten

Any progress with Rockchip support? I'm interested in a Khadas Edge-V for running LE https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/khadas-edge-rk3399pro-hackable-expandable-sbc/x/4042493#/

Not really since I don't own one and I guess building all emulators for aarch64 won't work atm too or at least they don't have any advantages of that:/

The Edge Basic and Edge-V Basic are each available for $99 with 2GB LPDDR4 and 16GB eMMC 5.1. There’s also a Pro (4GB/32GB) model for $149 and a Max version (4GB/128GB) for $199. Once the early birds are gone, the price remains the same, but without the free accessories.

I would then probably go for a NUC7CJYH or NUC7PJYH at this price point. The NUC equipped with a J4004 is about the same speed & the J5005 based system is much faster, I have a J3455 based system that already could run some Gamecube games and the J5005 would be roughly 50% faster. Also you get a hazzle free x86 system with mainline kernel support and working graphics drivers.

Rockchip rk3399 (development board) in GFXBench - unified graphics benchmark based on DXBenchmark (DirectX) and GLBenchmark (OpenGL ES)

Rockchip rk3399 (development board) in GFXBench - unified graphics benchmark based on DXBenchmark (DirectX) and GLBenchmark (OpenGL ES)

• Beta 14a is online (Generic & RPi only):

• added m64p (Mupen64Plus standalone) as N64 emulator go generic builds -> libretro cores are still the default emus for this system
    • fixed Chrome start scripts
    • minor mame2003-plus fix for RPi (already included in AML based systems)