LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Well you fixed nothing but you did what I suggested days ago. You've built LE without the Nvidia driver packages and surprisingly it works now...

i think you missed the part where I HAD ALREADY DONE THAT AND XORG-NVIDIA-LEGACY.CONF WAS STILL THERE
    REMEMBER HOW I SAID THE DRIVER .KO WASNT EVEN THERE

MULTIPLE TIMES

yeaaaahh... its called readdddiiiinngggg.

see, as an adult, i can troubleshoot things but at some point it becomes a basement dwelling coder with no life's job to fix it.
    i had to find, cat and grep through all the build files for mentions of xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf and comment them out/ remove them manually. dirty as fudge, but it worked. also. i expected the right libglx to be loaded by xorg-radeon.conf. which it did... so yea. great LE build. jerk.
    you make one popular libreelec build and you get a bit of an attitude huh.

• The thing is you think you're able to troubleshoot things... instead of asking someone who knows how to build LE without Nvidia drivers you start to "cat and grep through" all day instead of altering a single line:

GRAPHIC_DRIVERS="r300 r600 radeonsi i915 i965 nvidia nvidia-legacy vmware virtio"

https://github.com/libreelec/libreelec.tv/blob/10e5dba2acfc339088208ad5cdc14bdaba312a60/distributions/libreelec/options#l138

I guess because of "reasons"... or just hackerman things...

tenor.gif

About the rest... well you should think twice about your job if your wage is "high enough" to use hardware probably ready for a scrapyard. /shrug

Maybe the basement dwelling coder stuff is exactly what suits your needs? :/

Anyway why still bother to use LE... just add a generic project path to OSMC and you're fine. :thumbup::*

• Beta 12 is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated to Kodi 18 beta 4
    • updated Generic & RPi kernel to 4.18.16
    • updated nvidia video driver to 410.66
    • updated mesa to 18.2.3
    • updated vulkan-loader to 1.1.89
    • updated Retroarch to 1.7.6-dev
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • updated amiberry 2.24b-dev
    • added some DOSBox sample confs for MT32 & FluidSynth emulation
    • added FluidSynth as MIDI synthesizer for Retroarch & DOSBox-SDL2 (only works with PulseAudio atm) -> create a "usePulseAudio" file in /storage/.config/ to activate it
  • The thing is you think you're able to troubleshoot things.

id think you'd be able to read.

"instead of asking someone who knows how to build LE without Nvidia drivers"

Bro.

I.

Did.

That.

The xorg conf file was still there

AFTER

I modified the config file WITH NO NVIDIA NOR NVIDIA LEGACY DRIVERS and compiled it

///////AFFFTTTEERRR THATT//////

I DOUBLE CHECKED AND RECOMPILED

AND THE XORG CONF IS STILL THERE.

then, and only then, did I come to the fourms.. USING PRCOMPILED IMAGES BECAUSE IT SEEMED TO BE A BUG. I can't report a bug using altered unpublished code now can I?

I explained how the card isn't even in lspci, Yada yada yada, findcatgrep to stop generating xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf, yada yada yada, your memes, now we're here. You gonna actually use that 4th grade reading comprehension in this one or drunkenly skim, then reply like a 12 year old again?

I don't think I need to tell you a third time that your hat is made of buttox.

PS, my current job does not involve coding. We get the shitty "can it run Skype and outlook?" "Yep" computers. I'm surprised and lucky I don't get 2 cores of a hypervisor these days.

PPS, thanks for updating to Kodi 18.4 I'm sure it was difficult managing that, your mom telling you to clean up the basement again, and all those memes and commits you had to look up to try and /school me/ on a mistake I've been trying to tell you for 3 days I didn't make.

<Insert amused man eating popcorn gif>

Edited once, last by Ae3NerdGod (October 25, 2018 at 3:04 PM).

• Okay let's check the facts. You've uploaded a single set of log files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pxprex6vz4tuo2yaujdkyslnsacka6bv

For me file 02_System.log & 06_varlog.log is important since those files contain the kernel log & the Xorg log.

The kernel log tells me at least one pci device with a Nvidia "10de" id is found and:

So later the file 96-nvidia.rules will try to identify what Nvidia card is installed because a Nvidia pci id was detected regardless if your IGP is disabled or not. Is this a bug? Well maybe if you're relying on hardware manufactored >10 years ago. It's a compromis that covers basically all the usual hardware setups and I'm pretty sure fixing things for such old stuff has low priority. After detecting the cards it either calls [email protected] or [email protected] which tells xorg-configure how to set up the graphic drivers. In example it creates symlinks for libglx.so

For Nvidia drivers:

ln -sf /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx_nvidia-legacy.so /var/lib/libglx.so

For mesa drivers:

ln -sf /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx_mesa.so /var/lib/libglx.so

So now let's have a look at your Xorg log:

Code: 06_varlog.log
    [    18.681] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [    18.682] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
    [    19.047] (II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
    [    19.047]     compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
    [    19.047]     Module class: X.Org Server Extension
    [    19.050] (II) NVIDIA GLX Module  340.107  Thu May 24 21:40:32 PDT 2018

As we see it loads a Nvidia libglx.so and not the regular mesa like it should:

Code: 06_varlog.log
    [     8.054] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [     8.055] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
    [     8.061] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [     8.061]     compiled for 1.20.2, module version = 1.0.0

So you stated you've had already recompiled the distribution without the Nvidia packages so you should get an output like this:

As you can see there is no 96-nvidia.rules, libglx_nvidia-legacy.so or xorg-nvidia.conf or xorg-nvidia-legacy.conf file so Xorg will certainly not load any Nvidia stuff if the distribution is compiled without Nvidia packages. I'm pretty sure yours looked like this:

"instead of asking someone who knows how to build LE without Nvidia drivers"

Bro.

I.

Did.

That.

Nope you did not. :rolleyes::dodgy:

So how we compile LE without them? Well what about adding one single line:

GRAPHIC_DRIVERS="r300 r600 radeonsi i915 i965 vmware virtio"

to the generic options file. Well maybe not as "hackermanish" like "cat & grep all day and night" but hassle free & gets you rid of Nvidia.

The other option would be to create an udev rule that prevents xorg-config to set up a Nvidia environment. For example you probably could create a 96-nvidia.rules file in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d copy the content 96-nvidia.rules in & change ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de" to something like ATTRS{vendor}=="0x5333" what should prevent loading of Nvidia stuff. But since we already know you think about setting up a simple override:

5schattenthe whole silly /storage/.config thing is just ridiculous.

Your only option would be recompiling the whole thing. But properly. All in all I can say is I'm actually not impressed.

PS: back to business -> this is a support thread for the RR build not someones personal problems or not existing reading comprehension skills /shrug

PPS: It would be some serious black magic if my builds contain Kodi 18.4 which would be the fourth point release. Since my DeLorean is still at the service station you have to deal with Kodi 18 beta 4. :/

By the way have you heard about the Dunning–Kruger effect?

ekCtenK.jpg

• @5schatten it works fine now!

Now would it be possible to add lcd support to your build with this?

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/11736-led-vfd-displays-in-libreelec/?postID=101050#post101050

You could also add the new kronos libretro core (Saturn)

I've messaged the dev -> hopefully he'll find some time & creates a PR that bumps the upstream driver version. So once this is done vanilla LE will feature the latest vfd and of course my build too.

About Kronos... looks really WIP to me. I've created a package for tests but it won't run on RPi since he relies on OpenGL ES 3.0.

Yeaa not overly bothered but its nice to have options :cool:

I'm not entirely sure if Retroplayer is a real alternative to Retroarch at the moment :/ :D

• theres a lot wrong with this one so just read the red

BESIDES ID LIKE TO NOT HAVE TO DO ANY MODIFICATIONS ANDIT JUST WORKS

LIKE WHY CANT YOU JUST SEE THAT THE UDEV RULE IS BEING TRIGGERED FALSELY, WHICH IS THE BUG I WAS REPORTING
    GOD FREAKIN DANG YOU ARE SO THICK DRAKE WOULD BE ALL OVER YOU