rsync ?

• Hi all,

LibreELEC team: thanks for this fork. I was wondering why openElec's next version is delayed, but no I understand.

I'm running LE on a Raspi (not only, also on a Wetek Play), mainly as tvheadend based PVR.

In OE there was the infamous "Unofficial" repo with a cli based rsync client, which was quite handy from time to time. Are there plans to support rsync also under LE ?

Or is there a (simple) way to build the rsync client myself ? Or ist it possible to use the rsync binary from RaspBian ?

Thanks in advance

• It's in the libreelec repo under 'virtual network-tools', bundled with a few other bits and bobs.

Thanks a lot. I'm sorry to say there is no description of the package in Addons/Program Addons, only "A bundle of network tools and programs". Unlike System Tools, where there is a listing of the tools.

Nevertheless I've got it

• Thanks a lot. I'm sorry to say there is no description of the package in Addons/Program Addons, only "A bundle of network tools and programs". Unlike System Tools, where there is a listing of the tools.

Nevertheless I've got it

Took me a while to find it too.

• Bumping this to say I fully expected rsync to be in the System Tools add-on. I suppose it's debatable though. At least this thread came up easy on search!

• Official Post

To be fair: "rsync is a utility for efficiently transferring and synchronizing files across computer systems" which requires a network (or a bloke on a bicycle carrying 50 floppy disks).