Plex Media Server Update

• Please read the forum thread I mentioned earlier. It tells you how to troubleshoot and get docker logs

Hi, I looked into that and I found this list of Commands For Troubleshooting and after trying first two - “docker ps -a” and “docker images”, I'm being suspicious that PMS is just not installed at all. Just to test this I installed another Addon called Portrainer and I can see it there on the list of images and I could log into Portrainer from web and everything. See attached screenshot from terminal.

• The other commands need a container name, which I don't have. I posted log earlier. Unless you mean a different log?

The service/container name is "docker.linuxserver.plex"

"systemctl status docker.linuxserver.plex.service" will tell you the current status of the systemd service that is responsible for creating and starting the container

"journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.plex.service" will show you the log

Since you mentioned there is no running container on your system when the addon is enabled, there must have been an error with systemd. We need to see the log to troubleshoot that.

I just installed the addon on a fresh test instance and it fired right up

• I managed to download Plex image manually and run it through commands. Does this help? See attached.

But still nothing under: 192.168.1.50:32400/web/

That doesn't help. Please delete all instances of plex and reinstall the linuxserver addon. And then get the systemd logs

• The service/container name is "docker.linuxserver.plex"

"systemctl status docker.linuxserver.plex.service" will tell you the current status of the systemd service that is responsible for creating and starting the container

"journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.plex.service" will show you the log

Since you mentioned there is no running container on your system when the addon is enabled, there must have been an error with systemd. We need to see the log to troubleshoot that.

I just installed the addon on a fresh test instance and it fired right up

OK, I removed plex addon and all the docker addons and also linuxserver repo. Then I reinstalled linux server repo and pms addon and run the two commands you gave me. See attached screenshots.

• Hmm the error is docker reference format, which suggests that there is an issue with one of the parameters. Did you change any of the addon settings? If so, go back to default and try again.

If not, it could be an issue with coreelec. I suspect the way I determine the arch is no longer working. They probably renamed it.

Here's my logic to determine whether it's x86_64 or arm: "sed -e '/LIBREELEC_ARCH/ !d' -e 's/[^.]*\.\([^"]*\).*/\1/' /etc/os-release"

If they renamed it to COREELEC_ARCH that would surely break it.

Can you do "cat /etc/os-release" and post the output?

Thanks

• here

• here

Yup, that's exactly the issue. I'll try and fix that at some point, but in all honesty, my priority is always libreelec. We don't officially support coreelec. Also none of our team members at linuxserver run coreelec so we can't easily test that either.

In the short term, you can modify the following file and replace LIBREELEC_ARCH with COREELEC_ARCH and disable and reenable the addon and it should work (don't uninstall)

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/docker.linuxserver.plex/bin/docker.linuxserver.plex

keep in mind that if you ever uninstall and reinstall the addon, you'll have to edit that file again

• That's a great help! Thank you so much. BTW, I always used Libreelec before but then I switched android box from minix neo u1 s905 to k3 pro s912 because of dvbs/dvbt and it seems that new coreelec with leila works great there. But if I'm wrong, I wouldn't mind switching back to Libreelec.

• Glad to hear it installed.

The avahi errors are harmless, it's because libreelec/coreelec already has avahi running and the one in the container complains, but the addon turns it off shortly after the container starts.

I'm not sure what that framework error is, the line is cut off and I can't see. Hopefully that's also harmless.

With regards to volume mappings, pay attention to the addon settings. There, you are mapping the container folders /data/movies and /data/tvshows to folders on the host. By default they are /storage/videos and /storage/tvshows. So if you place a file in /storage/videos on coreelec, inside the container (or in plex settings) it will show up under /data/movies.

• I tried to create the screenshot again. See below. About the mapping... When I had the old PMS installed, which was not a docker version, I could see the external USB hdds, under VAR/MEDIA/, but now, the VAR folder is different and there is no MEDIA folder at all. Basically this Plex doesn't see my root... I took a photo, where you can see two root folders, one in CoreELEC and second on my MacBook in Plex.

• Actually I think I got it now. Basically in Plex Addon settings I changed tvshows to 1 external hdd and videos to 2 external hdd. And now I can see them both in PMS :) IT'S WORKING. Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the help.